Adam's Gamehaüs

Discuss your favourite LRR streams!
Kapol
First Video: Whisky Tango Foxtrot

Re: Adam's Gamehaüs

Postby Kapol » 04 Aug 2014, 21:45

I think what really made it was the point of "one more hit and it's dead! I better go heal to be safe." Followed by death by bad breath.
ndance
First Video: Checkpoint

Postby ndance » 05 Aug 2014, 22:18

monster hunter for wii u makes me very excited. if anyone would like to get all lrr'ed up and hunt monsters on some sort of standard rotation, i would be all about it.
Brinson

Postby Brinson » 08 Aug 2014, 11:49

Hello friends.

The stream start time has been moved to 5 PM PST for tomorrow. See you then!
ch3m1kal
First Video: Unskippable

Postby ch3m1kal » 16 Aug 2014, 18:43

Well I was down in the GIF mines and I stumbled across this.

MistahFixIt
First Video: Rapidfire: Episode 1

Postby MistahFixIt » 16 Aug 2014, 19:05

ch3m1kal wrote:Well I was down in the GIF mines and I stumbled across this.

Boooooweeeeoooooo!
holo the wise wolf
First Video: UNskipabal vanquished

Postby holo the wise wolf » 16 Aug 2014, 19:22

Im all for monster hunter as well. do you think we should make new characters to join.
we should also determine the lobby we join for easy of start. also want to hear from others but do you guys think the using the mic should be a no go considering how it only comes out of the game pad and will likely pick up badly on mic.
Dominic Appleguard

Postby Dominic Appleguard » 16 Aug 2014, 22:38

Welcome to the forums, holo.
Brinson

Postby Brinson » 16 Aug 2014, 23:28

Yeah I'll be just starting a new character, that way any people who maybe aren't familiar with monster hunter can at least do the process along with me. I know a little about the game from what I've played on my DS but I've only put maybe 30 hours into it? Or something like that. I've only been doing the story stuff so I have no idea what multiplayer is like or how it works.

I'm super nervous about Monster Hunter because I don't know how it translates into watching on a stream and how entertaining it's going to be. I guess we'll just wait for Saturday and see where it goes.

Also, dat GIF. hahahaha. BEEEEEEWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
holo the wise wolf

Postby holo the wise wolf » 17 Aug 2014, 02:02

thanks apple. been meaning to get onto the forums. i think monster hunter will stream well. it has a bit of un-predictability with the monsters and you can hit theres friendly fire so you can literally launch you buddy's sky high. since theres no levels i may instead of making a new charecter just outfit myself with the beggning rank armor that way i can atealst supply us with potions that you normaly need to grind out a bit to get. since the game has an element of grind it would help speed things up for viewers.
Also brinson multyplayer works exactly the same as single player, do x quests then do urgent quest rank up repeat. there are key quest that advance you rank so its probably best to do those and just se how far we can rank up.
Trevor
First Video: suspiciously good movers

Postby Trevor » 20 Aug 2014, 07:14

It's not like he's the first streamer to miss details while interacting with the chat, but I could deal with Adam not paying attention to half the game a lot better if he didn't make statements like "This game has no idea what it's doing" or "This game doesn't have a plot" afterward.
Brinson

Postby Brinson » 20 Aug 2014, 12:39

I don't feel like I ever said those exact words, which is a pretty final judgement to make on a game. The only thing I can think of is playing through Asura's Wrath and just being like "I have zero clue what's going on, but I just want to punch things." I think the entire playthrough of Asura's Wrath was super confusing, but I never meant to come across as you've stated.

I'm sorry if I came off this way, but maybe my statement was taken out of context or came across differently than how I had thought in my own head.

Edit: I put a pretty high premium on talking with the chat, moreso maybe than I maybe should. I'm still new to this and trying to find a good balance, I'll take your suggestion to heart going forward though! I really do appreciate any feedback.
ch3m1kal

Postby ch3m1kal » 20 Aug 2014, 12:54

First of all, Adam get an avatar, ya scrub :) and stop worrying about every little thing. Everyone seems to enjoy your streams, so you're probably doing it right.

Second I watched the whole thing from beginning to end and can safely say that while Asura's Wrath does have a vague semblance of plot, it is beyond idiotic and nonsensical.

It's some vague bullshit about how one group of super powered badasses wants to save the world and somehow the best way to do that is to frame Asura for murdering the emperor and kidnap his daughter.

Also killing Asura seems to factor into this, except he comes back to life after only a few thousand years, in which apparently nobody ages, absolutely nothing changes and the bad guys don't actually go forward with their plan.

Also the game pauses about half-way through because BOOBS!

Truly a masterpiece of storytelling for the ages right there.
Last edited by ch3m1kal on 20 Aug 2014, 23:04, edited 1 time in total.
Trippzen

Postby Trippzen » 20 Aug 2014, 22:03

I think if Adam did say anything like what Trevor mentioned, it was said in more of a joking manner. Poking fun at something doesn't mean it's bad though; quite the contrary, Asura's Wrath is an awesome game and it was a great deal of fun watching Adam play it. The game's story is not exactly a classical epic though, nor anything resembling a logical progression of events. That's fine though, it's fun when some games are super over the top.

On a related note, I love Adam's level of interaction with the chat. Everyone in LRR pays a lot of attention to the chat but I think Adam goes above and beyond, even going so far as to play video games WITH the chat, which is awesome.

ch3m1kal Don't forget fist lasers, every good story needs fist lasers.
Trippzen or Scy
Battle.net: Scy#1617
WoW: Scy (US-Proudmoore)
holo the wise wolf

Postby holo the wise wolf » 20 Aug 2014, 22:57

Asuras wrath was a great game to watch with a man who just waned to see the world punched, many times and that he did THE END. it was a lot like an over the top action anime.
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 21 Aug 2014, 09:37

Adam kills it.
Brinson

Postby Brinson » 21 Aug 2014, 11:28

Thanks friends.

One of my major faults as a human being is that I'm entirely too critical of myself. I have a habit of holding myself to a standard that isn't even capable of achieving. I feel some pressure sometimes to produce something worthwhile when I stream, not only because of the quality that the other streamers are providing but also helping to generate some revenue for LoadingReadyRun themselves.

I realize I go overboard with this, and most times I just need someone to tell me to relax and it's all good!
ch3m1kal

Postby ch3m1kal » 22 Aug 2014, 06:35

Sad I couldn't watch Darksiders live, but that's what VODs are for. It looked like fun times.

Also I made another GIF.

Bonus tiny ones, suitable for use as an avatar.
Image Image
Brinson

Postby Brinson » 22 Aug 2014, 10:00

Hahaha, sick! AVATAR COMPLETE.
Antitonic
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Postby Antitonic » 22 Aug 2014, 15:19

Maybe you should reverse it, so you're looking at your posts?
DissonantNight
First Video: Unskippable: Lost Planet

Postby DissonantNight » 25 Aug 2014, 11:56

SohNata

Postby SohNata » 26 Aug 2014, 12:10

Oh Adam. What were you thinking.
Aerotrain
First Video: Unskippable 01 - Lost Planet

Postby Aerotrain » 26 Aug 2014, 18:17

The final tally was 197 new followers on Adam's twitter account @WakeUpSuper which means 19 hours added to his stream time for a total of 43 mind-blowing, action-packed, sleep-deprived hours. In honor of this momentous (and wholly misguided) event I made this pic inspired by Sohnata's joke on twitter.

I, for one, am looking forward to watching a man (with a man's courage) overcome this challenge against all odds. Image
Kapol
First Video: Whisky Tango Foxtrot

Postby Kapol » 26 Aug 2014, 18:56

Adam hit the wall at, like, hour 13 last week... I'm worried about him actually trying 43 straight hours. I'd rather him do 43 hours over the whole of the weekend than force it straight.
Brinson

Postby Brinson » 26 Aug 2014, 22:20

I think I hit the wall at that point because I didn't even come prepared like I usually do. I bring a ton of food and water with me, which I barely had any of last Saturday.

I'm preparing like I'm heading into a bomb shelter for the rest of my life. I am going to crush this thing and rise to the challenge that chat has put forth. I will not be defeated. I will not go quietly into the night. I will not vanish without a fight. Saturday... will be my independence day.

PS - Aerotrain, that is unbelievably sweet. It's almost like you guys are looking forward to this or something. I'm still having a hard time digesting that people want to actually watch me play stupid video games. I'm always super nervous before I start, haha.
RedNightmare
First Video: The Job

Postby RedNightmare » 27 Aug 2014, 03:44

Oh Adam, what have you done 0_0

I'll definitely be watching as much as I can. Just promise me you'll take care of yourself and stop if it's to much for your body to handle (I don't doubt your mind here :P)
"I wouldn't call myself an evil genius. Simply genius will suffice."

http://www.twitch.tv/rednightmare7

Return to “LoadingReadyRun Streams”