AFK

Discuss your favourite LRR streams!
Sektor88
First Video: I don't remember D:

Re: AFK

Postby Sektor88 » 29 Apr 2017, 20:07

I'd like to humbly request "The Omega Virus" if it's doable. I've played this game to death as a kid and is pretty much humans VS an evil AI (or the other humans) https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/3086/omega-virus
SirWillDragonson
First Video: Hot & Saucy

Postby SirWillDragonson » 04 May 2017, 20:47

I don't know if this was brought up yet, but there is a way to tell if the cards in the Risk Legacy packets are swapped without being exposed to spoilers.

The 30+ Troops pack has 4 'The War Continues' cards.

The '3 Missiles' pack has 6 'The War Continues' cards.

That should be good if you only look at the card backs. (If you turn them so that the card backs are facing you then the 'War Continues' cards should be on the bottom)

I hope this helps. Looking forward to seeing more games. I'm going to be playing my own set this summer.
jabrwock
First Video: Unskippable

Postby jabrwock » 23 May 2017, 14:07

What software do you use for the card cam? I was watching Red Dragon Inn and thought the card cam was a pretty cool feature. I know Paul was experimenting with MtG recognition software, but those all seem to be dependant on pre-generated card databases. Is there an app that you can load custom (non-MtG) card scans into and have it recognize card from that list?
ritchards
First Video: The Job (first video on The Escapist)

Postby ritchards » 23 May 2017, 15:50

Here's the LRR Tech playlist, which has the latest on the card recognisers
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... kAn2n1YeDe
Paul
Super Moderator
First Video: Tetris

Postby Paul » 23 May 2017, 22:33

The software we use (deckedbuilder) does have a built in database for mtg, but back when we started doing the preprerelease, the developers of the program also made a custom utility for us to generate our own databases for any set of images. Unfortunately that utility is not something I can distribute, but you could talk to the deckedbuilder developers and see if they could provide a copy.
jabrwock
First Video: Unskippable

Postby jabrwock » 24 May 2017, 07:54

Cool, thanks! I'll ask, because it would be very handy for all sorts of non-MtG games.

I've found another utility that is open source using openCV. It will take a bit of work, but it might work for my setup. https://github.com/YenTheFirst/card_scan
virre
First Video: Friday Nights

Postby virre » 22 Jul 2017, 12:06

Nobody said anything about AFK from May?

Considering the Settlers of Catan stream yesterday that I am watching the VOD of now.

Nitpicks
1) Game is now just called Catan.
2) At the setup, you only get the resources from the last settlement you place, which was not followed. It might have speed up the start of the game though.
Charging badger
First Video: Mercenary Solutions

Postby Charging badger » 21 Aug 2017, 21:48

I'd love to see you guys play Dungeon! or Munchkin.
Thrythlind
First Video: Secret Hitler

Postby Thrythlind » 08 Dec 2017, 05:30

I tweeted Graham about this before finding this forum, but there were a couple of other VCR games I remember fondly as a kid that were a bit more simple and decidedly less bullshit than Nightmare.

Doorways to Adventure and Doorways to Horror.

I don't remember the precise mechanics, but what would happen is you would roll a die which would give you a color, then you'd fast forward the tape until you hit the right color and watch the clip that followed which was usually a clip from an obscure or at least older film (mostly black and white films, I think) along with a rather calm if pun-filled voice over by a narrator dictating the gameplay mechanics you need to consider for this event. This usually involved a sort of auction or bidding war between players. You'd pause the video while resolving the current event and then roll the die to find the next one.

I do remember that eventually we stopped fast-forwarding the film so that we could enjoy all the clips and just pause when the right color came up. Much more relaxed and simple than Nightmare with clips ranging from the goofy to the intriguing.

Also, I wonder if there would be a Legacy version of Touch of Evil so we could see y'all tackle the various troubles of Shadowbrook and its surroundings.

Also, seeing you all take on Sentinels of the Multiverse would be interesting.

Return to “LoadingReadyRun Streams”