Corrector's Commentary - Alien

Discuss Alex and Cam's new series where they talk over movies
Lysander
First Video: Daily Drop: Eggs

Re: Corrector's Commentary - Alien

Postby Lysander » 26 Jul 2014, 18:02

This is fun. I've seen Alien in parts through my life, and just today I decided to buy it and watch it all the way through. I've seen a few versions on television where some of the deleted scenes were put back in. It would have been kind of neat during the credits if you guys had discussed the viability of some of these deleted scenes. Like for instance, the bit where Ripley sees the xenomorph putting the chitin bone-stuff onto the halls of the Nostromo. It was only a few seconds addition, but it was interesting.

I'd love to hear you guys talk about John Carpenter's The Thing. And perhaps the prequel of the same name. Maybe the Director's Cut of Dark City -- the one where they got rid of the narration at the beginning.
awaiko
First Video: Strip Search

Postby awaiko » 30 Jul 2014, 02:23

Also had the out-of-sync issues, but found that pausing the audio every minute or two for a few seconds worked out fine for me. Really interesting experience for me, as I've never done the RiffTrax thing before.

Oh! and for source, it popped up in my LRR iTunes audio podcast, so it was downloaded automagically.
NebulosDisconcertion
First Video: Pony Time

Postby NebulosDisconcertion » 26 Aug 2014, 16:27

Very enjoyable, thanks to all involved.

The movie is available free for streaming in an apparently legit fashion here*. Fortuitously, this seems to be the version Cam and Alex were watching, I didn't notice any obvious big time desyncs. (I was prodding one feed or the other sporadically throughout, but that's 'cause of my combined minor ADD and OCD fragments).

*Looks like they have Aliens as well, I'll probably watch that tomorrow.
Mono_Snorsh
First Video: .

Postby Mono_Snorsh » 27 Aug 2014, 03:08

NebulosDisconcertion wrote:Very enjoyable, thanks to all involved.

The movie is available free for streaming in an apparently legit fashion here*. Fortuitously, this seems to be the version Cam and Alex were watching, I didn't notice any obvious big time desyncs. (I was prodding one feed or the other sporadically throughout, but that's 'cause of my combined minor ADD and OCD fragments).

*Looks like they have Aliens as well, I'll probably watch that tomorrow.

It's an aggregator site. The sources theoretically could be legal or illegal. But if one of the sources is legal you should just be able to link to it.

Return to “Corrector's Commentary”