Magnum Rewatch Ep06 - Never Again, Never Again

Kathleen and Graham guide you through 1980s action awesomeness.
Kathleen
LRR Crew
First Video: Season 1 Halloween Special

Magnum Rewatch Ep06 - Never Again, Never Again

Postby Kathleen » 10 Mar 2015, 11:04

Magnum tries to protect a jewish couple from neo-nazis intent on hunting them down. Graham and Kathleen slowly realize the show isn't as light-hearted as the box suggests. 
HOLY SHIT GUYS! BEARS!
Mono_Snorsh
First Video: .

Re: Magnum Rewatch Ep06 - Never Again, Never Again

Postby Mono_Snorsh » 10 Mar 2015, 15:04

I've been really enjoying these. I was vaguely aware of Magnum PI being a thing, but I never would have watched it without this rewatch. The podcasts are both enjoyable to watch indedendent of their corresponding episode and provide interesting commentary if you have seen the episode.

This episode begins Magnum PI's interesting habit of having old women that Magnum thinks are nice turn out to be rather unnice.
DaMage
First Video: Wireless

Postby DaMage » 10 Mar 2015, 17:02

Did you miss Magnum's pan to the camera in this episode? Just before he lets himself into the doctor's office, he is almost caught by two nurses. He waves at them with the credit card in his hand and says "Hi" looking guilty as anything. He then looks straight at the camera before going into the office.

When I watched this episode I did not see the twist coming, that's two weeks in a row now. I also felt with that Lena had killed herself with the scalpel (by cutting your throat or something). Just how she is going on about this being the end gave me that impression.
7SecondsLeft
First Video: Checkpoint on PATV

Postby 7SecondsLeft » 11 Mar 2015, 03:27

The UK dvd still has the scene with the gunshot at the end, so they must have used a different source than the US dvds.

I totally agree about the plot twist in this episode, it was a big surprise and very well earned. The twist in Skin Deep was also good, but more predictable for me mainly because I've watched far too many shows like this, and can usually spot patterns in how "crime of the week" episodes are typically structured. This usually occurs in the form of "of course he's going to be the bad guy, you only introduced two other characters and one of those only had two seconds of screen time", but can also be "they've spent so much effort selling this to the audience, if it isn't undone in a twist then it'll be a really dumb ending".
poopintheairtonight
First Video: Checkpoint

Postby poopintheairtonight » 12 Mar 2015, 11:44

Well...I didn't see that coming.

I'm glad someone finally explained what Night-to-day is, because I've seen several scenes in movies and tv that always look "off" to me but I never quite realized why til Graham explained it.
Well, do you want an ethical solution or an effective one?
Mono_Snorsh
First Video: .

Postby Mono_Snorsh » 12 Mar 2015, 20:14

That's "day for night". Or nuit américaine if you prefer the French.

It is a real treat having people with actual experience making videos for a rewatch.
ritchards
First Video: The Job (first video on The Escapist)

Postby ritchards » 12 Mar 2015, 20:56

Check out The Attack of The The Eye Creatures for a great use of day for day for night. ;) (Available in MST3K form!)

Return to “Magnum Rewatch”