Magnum Rewatch Ep07 - The Ugliest Dog In Hawaii

Kathleen and Graham guide you through 1980s action awesomeness.
Graham
Super Moderator

Magnum Rewatch Ep07 - The Ugliest Dog In Hawaii

Postby Graham » 17 Mar 2015, 00:51

Magnum repeatedly saves an otherwise uninteresting dog while an acclaimed actor devours the scenery.
DaMage
First Video: Wireless

Re: Magnum Rewatch Ep07 - The Ugliest Dog In Hawaii

Postby DaMage » 17 Mar 2015, 04:37

In regards to Higgins looking at the camera, in the version I watched that doesn't happen, it cuts quickly after he says his line. So maybe they decided it was too much and cut it in later versions.

Also, DOES ANYONE WEAR SEATBEAT?!? They are right there, why does no one in this episode wear a seatbeat.

No full serve in Australia that I've ever seen, even when I was young people had to fill their own tanks. I've always just assumed that was an American thing because I've only ever seen it in American TV and not British.

The "It's just a flesh wound" from the injured mobster had me laughing way to hard.

I think we need to have a lighthearted/heavy episode count so at the end of all this we can see if Magnum was actually a lighthearted show after all. Based on the upcoming episode names, I'm starting to wonder.
VectorZero
First Video: Unskippable: Lost Planet

Postby VectorZero » 17 Mar 2015, 05:52

I vaguely remember full service petrol pumps in Australia in the late 80s or maybe the very early 90s; definitely not for the last 20yrs.
Jonci
First Video: Some ENN video

Postby Jonci » 17 Mar 2015, 07:33

Only place I've seen full service at a gas station is New Jersey, where it is required by law. The places have self-serve pumps, but only the attendant is allowed to use them.

Freaked me out getting gas there during a trip.
I'm not insane. I just have an overly vivid imagination!
EnigmaHarper
First Video: Omni-Lingual

Postby EnigmaHarper » 17 Mar 2015, 07:58

I wasn't going to listen to these as I had no interest in Magnum. I'm more of an A-Team kind of girl. But after curiosity got the better of me, I have to say that I love these podcasts. I may actually watch the show now.

oh, and DaMage, nobody wore seatbeats in the 80s. It was a primitive time. A time of live fast, die young, leave a pretty corpse... though in most car wreck cases they left no corpse.
Anyone: Would you kindly <insert request> ?
Me: Great, now I can't refuse.
VectorZero
First Video: Unskippable: Lost Planet

Postby VectorZero » 17 Mar 2015, 13:33

It was usually 100m further down the road.
7SecondsLeft
First Video: Checkpoint on PATV

Postby 7SecondsLeft » 18 Mar 2015, 08:08

Zeus! Apollo! Podcast!

Can we get the Feed Dump referee in here to give Graham a yellow card for the "dognap" pun at the end, please? :)

DaMage wrote:No full serve in Australia that I've ever seen, even when I was young people had to fill their own tanks. I've always just assumed that was an American thing because I've only ever seen it in American TV and not British.

I've never seen full serve here in Britain either, and similarly, only ever saw it in US shows. There's probably some comment to be made here about Americans being too fat and lazy to even pump their own petrol, but that's just perpetuating a cruel and unnecessary stereotype ;)

Return to “Magnum Rewatch”