Magnum Rewatch Ep 17 - Beauty Knows No Pain

Kathleen and Graham guide you through 1980s action awesomeness.
Kathleen
LRR Crew
First Video: Season 1 Halloween Special

Magnum Rewatch Ep 17 - Beauty Knows No Pain

Postby Kathleen » 25 May 2015, 22:36

Magnum's friends and a kooky client are all trying to get him to run an Ironman triathlon. Meanwhile, Kathleen just wants everyone to exercise responsibly and know how little it's possible for a bike to weigh these days.
HOLY SHIT GUYS! BEARS!
DaMage
First Video: Wireless

Re: Magnum Rewatch Ep 17 - Beauty Knows No Pain

Postby DaMage » 26 May 2015, 00:26

Wow what a finale, the twists, the suspence....who knew how it was going to end? They certainly don't make season finals like that anymore. This was a bad episode...really bad...saving the worst for last I guess, the characters were unlikable, there was no logic, and the storyline had weird jumps. What were they thinking? And 3 unsafe running tips, that's just irresponsible?

I feel Magnum is the butt of all jokes from this episode, his assumptions are wrong and his supporting characters are manipulating and making decisions for him. It's a good change since everyone seems to get their own back for all the shit Magnum has given them over this season.

I look forward to the snail-mail sexting crapshot, and to the next season of Magnum Rewatch.

---------------------------------------------------
Quick Count Update:
Rating: 4.5/10

Murder Count: 4 (+0)
That's Racist Count: 5.75 (+0)
Different Era Count: 4 (+0)
4th Wall Breaks: 15 (+1)

Wall Break: Magnum is sharked
Rikadyn
First Video: the pub

Postby Rikadyn » 26 May 2015, 07:28

who can't convert grams to ounces in there head instantly...(I may of hung out with the wrong crowd...)
the heart knows no greater tragedy than a breath that begins in love and ends in grief...
Kathleen
LRR Crew
First Video: Season 1 Halloween Special

Postby Kathleen » 26 May 2015, 08:32

Rikadyn wrote:who can't convert grams to ounces in there head instantly...(I may of hung out with the wrong crowd...)

Certainly most canadians can't, as we don't measure the weight of anything in ounces.
Also, you will note that my in-head conversion is dead on because I do know the conversion between pounds and kilograms.
HOLY SHIT GUYS! BEARS!
A-Z
First Video: unskipable

Postby A-Z » 26 May 2015, 08:43

Thoroughly enjoyed the episode but I had really been looking forward to the full season recap and retrospective that had been teased at one point (I think there had also been a mention of tallying the episode scores or something).

Anyway, I'd certainly be interested to know what stuck with you guys after a full season and how you feel the acting, cinematography or storytelling has evolved or developed since the pilot. Also, what highlights have proven more memorable, the stupid, silly ones or the more serious high quality stuff (I'm thinking 'Ugliest dog in Hawaii' versus 'never again, never again' here)?
JTHDevelops
First Video: Crapshots (Krogslist)

Postby JTHDevelops » 28 May 2015, 09:51

This was a great episode. Not the show, the show was kinda terrible, but the podcast episode was great!
Magnum, P.I. was one of the few TV shows that I could watch with my late father, and listening to this podcast brings back all sorts of awesome memories. Thank you guys so much for doing this, and keep up the good work. You are making the world a better place, at least for me, and that's what counts, because I am an egotistical jackass.
(Obligate Selfie Here: Image)
Pax tecum, Semper.
~JT~

Return to “Magnum Rewatch”