Fight the Future 26 - Bonus Final Episode

Dan and Paul take an in-depth look at the worlds portrayed Young Adult dystopian fiction.
Paul
Super Moderator
First Video: Tetris

Fight the Future 26 - Bonus Final Episode

Postby Paul » 28 Mar 2016, 19:54

Fight the Future is over, and Dan and Paul look back, with bloopers, best of clips, montages, secret unheard theme music, an explanation of just what the heck Chiara says at the end of each episode, and much more! Fans, prepare to be serviced.
DaMage
First Video: Wireless

Re: Fight the Future 26 - Bonus Final Episode

Postby DaMage » 28 Mar 2016, 21:26

And at almost one year to the day, this particular journey is over. Thanks for the Year of Fight of the Future with Dan and Paul and good luck with whatever you end up moving onto now!
SoSo_Tsundere
First Video: Checkpoint, long, long ago in a PATV far

Postby SoSo_Tsundere » 29 Mar 2016, 11:32

Sorry to see the podcast end! I cherry picked the episodes since most of the young adult dystopias aren't really that interesting to me, but I think Dan and Paul were a lot of fun to listen to. I hope you guys try out other stuff in the future!

(currently on the part where everyone raps, thanks for that song in my head all day!)
Snowman
First Video: Unskippable 01 - Lost Plane

Postby Snowman » 29 Mar 2016, 18:48

I will miss this podcast but thanks for so many episodes.
Clypheous
First Video: Checkpoint Episode One

Postby Clypheous » 30 Mar 2016, 04:54

All the jokes during the final episode about how few listeners they had makes me sad. There are incredibly popular podcasts I've listened to that are way less entertaining than Dan and Paul are. I know we all have our own unique personalities and desires when it comes to our entertainment media, but I think that a lot of very good stuff is basically ignored, while a bunch of crap becomes amazingly popular due to good luck, marketing dollars, etc.

I'd much rather listen to Dan and Paul than "This American Life" which, while excellent I'm sure, just doesn't interest me.

We, the few (apparently) devoted fans will miss you guys greatly and hope that you'll be doing a new project together again soon.
yanamal
First Video: Rejected Wii Play games

Postby yanamal » 30 Mar 2016, 06:04

Somehow I managed to start listening to this podcast only around episode 24-25 - it's been a busy year for me, I guess - but I got hooked and already went through the entire backlog. I had to resist the temptation to go back and post on really old threads quite a few times. But now I'm at least synced up for the end of it, so I can be sad that it's over on time.

I do hope to see/hear more Dan and Paul content in the future - you guys are fun to listen to! I think part of it is that (much as I love the rest of LRR) this podcast featured a refreshing lack of geek jargon. So it feels more accessible and less specialized to a type of geek that I'm not, and there's less extra processing overhead for me trying to catch up and infer meaning from context and such.

This last episode was very enlightening, too. I'm especially glad I finally know what that ending phrase is about!
hacofo
First Video: DB5 Stream

Postby hacofo » 30 Mar 2016, 06:22

Thanks for the last episode and the shoutout. :)

It was a little sad to hear that the Podcast hasn't had that large of a following.

Really enjoyed the run while it lasted. Hope you two find something else to talk about in a Podcast format, because your dynamic was great.
And thanks to the handy Tip with the Audio-channels I wont have the difficulties of figuring out who's talking. :p

Looking forward to what ever comes next. :)
Booster
First Video: Checkpoint- Episode 1

Postby Booster » 30 Mar 2016, 14:04

I will mist his podcast as well, it was also so much fun to listen too. I hope you two do another podcast.
winterpanda
First Video: Duty Calls

Postby winterpanda » 30 Mar 2016, 19:38

I may not have always listened to the podcast regularly because of university life, but it was fun listening to you two talk about dystopian YAs. I hope to hear/see more podcasts you two.
Bunge16
First Video: Unskippable: Lost Planet

Postby Bunge16 » 31 Mar 2016, 01:10

Sad to see this one come to an end, although I look forward to more LRR content on the podcast front in the future. Hope to see Dan and Paul together again too!
CaptainEnder7
First Video: Unskippable: Lost Planet

Postby CaptainEnder7 » 31 Mar 2016, 10:43

Sorry to see the end of Fight the Future, I really enjoyed all the episodes. Thanks for the fun ride, Dan and Paul! Hope to see collaborations from you both again in the Future.

"Ok, so, some sort of well-dressed ostrich. What's the next move?"

"CaptainEnder7: Space Asshole and Rogue Space Pooper" - Kathleen (and Graham) Commercial
Malcairad
First Video: LoadingReadyRun on Twitch

Postby Malcairad » 31 Mar 2016, 19:18

Fight the Finale! We need more fight in our life! your voices will be missed.... The future will never be the same!
Rose_Nightshade
First Video: Door to Door

Postby Rose_Nightshade » 05 Apr 2016, 14:08

Sad to see it go, but with how much I enjoyed it, I'm super looking forward to any future podcast projects!
MrPayneTrayne
First Video: The Lich King's New Wrath

Postby MrPayneTrayne » 09 Apr 2016, 05:58

I will never forget listening to "A Boy and His Dog" as I walked the streets of Toronto waiting to get my UK visa. Thanks for the company, gents!
Join the LoadingReadyRunners Fitocracy group!
http://www.fitocracy.com/group/4504/

First LoadingReadyCosplayer! By a hair, the two dresses from CPt absolutely destroyed my closet cosplay.

Return to “Fight the Future”