Qwerpline Ep04 - Harvest Festival

Talk about the most popular radio show on QWRP FM from scenic nsburg.
User avatar
Graham
Super Moderator
Posts: 15025
Joined: 09 Mar 2004, 19:37
Location: Victoria, BC
Contact:

Qwerpline Ep04 - Harvest Festival

Postby Graham » 11 Oct 2015, 23:19

It's autumn, and time for the annual nsburg Harvest Festival! Derek is on location, and Richter is back in the skies.
User avatar
AdmiralMemo
Posts: 7301
Joined: 27 Nov 2011, 18:29
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Contact:

Re: Qwerpline Ep04 - Harvest Festival

Postby AdmiralMemo » 12 Oct 2015, 00:17

This show has a consistent humorous vibe to it, and I love it. :-)
Graham wrote:The point is: Nyeh nyeh nyeh. I'm an old man.
LRRcast wrote:Paul: That does not answer that question at all.
James: Who cares about that question? That's a good answer.
Image
Image
User avatar
VectorZero
Posts: 182
Joined: 17 Nov 2013, 04:38
First Video: Unskippable: Lost Planet

Re: Qwerpline Ep04 - Harvest Festival

Postby VectorZero » 12 Oct 2015, 02:09

I'll be honest, when Sadie said her husband pulled the balls out on television I thought we were going to a whole other place.
User avatar
Trippzen
Posts: 136
Joined: 16 Feb 2014, 12:16
First Video: Unskippable

Re: Qwerpline Ep04 - Harvest Festival

Postby Trippzen » 12 Oct 2015, 07:39

It's nice to see that the numbering on Youtube is lined up now. I thought I had missed an episode as it jumped from 2 to 4 (Break the Banks to Harvest Festival), but it's just that first episode on youtube is listed as 01 for episode 00 - Pot Hole Mystery on the thumbnail.

Also I really like the bit about the jam.
Last edited by Trippzen on 12 Oct 2015, 09:29, edited 1 time in total.
Trippzen or Scy
Battle.net: Scy#1617
WoW: Scy (US-Proudmoore)
User avatar
AdmiralMemo
Posts: 7301
Joined: 27 Nov 2011, 18:29
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Contact:

Re: Qwerpline Ep04 - Harvest Festival

Postby AdmiralMemo » 12 Oct 2015, 09:23

Yes, Graham mentioned both on YouTube comments and on Twitter that it was much easier to just renumber the first 3 for his brain's sanity.
Graham wrote:The point is: Nyeh nyeh nyeh. I'm an old man.
LRRcast wrote:Paul: That does not answer that question at all.
James: Who cares about that question? That's a good answer.
Image
Image
Moussefilledkitten
Posts: 65
Joined: 14 Jun 2014, 05:36
First Video: Checkpoint

Re: Qwerpline Ep04 - Harvest Festival

Postby Moussefilledkitten » 12 Oct 2015, 12:55

I love how summer intern Derek is still working in the fall. I would have thought the producers at Qwerpline would have taken the opportunity to let him go once the summer was over.

Great episode. I quite enjoyed it.
User avatar
Scud422
Posts: 21
Joined: 20 Nov 2011, 08:34
First Video: Son of a Bitch
Location: Santa Barbara, CA
Contact:

Re: Qwerpline Ep04 - Harvest Festival

Postby Scud422 » 12 Oct 2015, 12:58

I didn't get the joke about the abandoned stall of "perfume bottles". But maybe I'm trying to read too much into it.
We'll wack the wack before the wack can wack back.
User avatar
RytelCSF
Posts: 644
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:22
First Video: Son of a Bitch
Location: The Outskirts of Nowhere (Ohio)

Re: Qwerpline Ep04 - Harvest Festival

Postby RytelCSF » 12 Oct 2015, 14:59

Moussefilledkitten wrote:I love how summer intern Derek is still working in the fall. I would have thought the producers at Qwerpline would have taken the opportunity to let him go once the summer was over.


Flashback to one week earlier:

Graham: So... it turns out the van is manual... does anyone know how to drive stick?

Derek: I do!

Graham: What- Derek, for the last time, I don't know how you keep getting into the building, but summer's over, your internship is over, you don't work for us anymore, so stop- wait, what did you say?

Derek: I can drive stick! My car's a manual transmission! My dad always says that it's important to be able to drive any kind of vehicle, so right after I got my driver's license he taught me all about-

Alex: We actively do not care.

Graham: More importantly, you said... I can't believe I'm going on this journey, you said you could drive our van?

Derek: Yeah! Well, except I don't work for you guys anymore. But I'd love to come back! Who says just because it's fall you can't have a summer intern?

Alex: G? G, do not go on this journey. Step away from the journey.

Graham: Ugh, for fuck's sake, FINE.

Alex: He went on the journey. Why do I even bother warning you about journeys?
mikeyjh
Posts: 161
Joined: 18 Oct 2014, 15:06
First Video: Friday Nights
Location: Des Moines, IA (U.S.A.)

Re: Qwerpline Ep04 - Harvest Festival

Postby mikeyjh » 12 Oct 2015, 15:42

Hilarious from start to end.

thanks.
Moussefilledkitten
Posts: 65
Joined: 14 Jun 2014, 05:36
First Video: Checkpoint

Re: Qwerpline Ep04 - Harvest Festival

Postby Moussefilledkitten » 12 Oct 2015, 16:03

Scud422 wrote:I didn't get the joke about the abandoned stall of "perfume bottles". But maybe I'm trying to read too much into it.


The stall belongs to the perfume seller, Ball Hinkley, from episode 00. The reason no one is there currently is because Beej voices both Ball and Derek - so he couldn't interact with him at the time.
User avatar
TheGeek
Posts: 48
Joined: 04 Apr 2014, 00:00
First Video: FridayNights
Location: The Plane of Nerdtera

Re: Qwerpline Ep04 - Harvest Festival

Postby TheGeek » 12 Oct 2015, 18:42

Love all the callbacks in this episode. Really gives Qwerpline a nice bit of continuity.
mikeyjh
Posts: 161
Joined: 18 Oct 2014, 15:06
First Video: Friday Nights
Location: Des Moines, IA (U.S.A.)

Re: Qwerpline Ep04 - Harvest Festival

Postby mikeyjh » 12 Oct 2015, 19:42

Agreed.

AdmiralMemo wrote:This show has a consistent humorous vibe to it, and I love it. :-)


Agreed.

TheGeek wrote:Love all the callbacks in this episode. Really gives Qwerpline a nice bit of continuity.
User avatar
Beej
Posts: 56
Joined: 17 Dec 2013, 10:20
First Video: Skeletor's Dick

Re: Qwerpline Ep04 - Harvest Festival

Postby Beej » 13 Oct 2015, 15:06

Moussefilledkitten wrote:
Scud422 wrote:I didn't get the joke about the abandoned stall of "perfume bottles". But maybe I'm trying to read too much into it.


The stall belongs to the perfume seller, Ball Hinkley, from episode 00. The reason no one is there currently is because Beej voices both Ball and Derek - so he couldn't interact with him at the time.



Oh, I'm sure I could. But *no one* should let a microphone get near Ball again.
mikeyjh
Posts: 161
Joined: 18 Oct 2014, 15:06
First Video: Friday Nights
Location: Des Moines, IA (U.S.A.)

Re: Qwerpline Ep04 - Harvest Festival

Postby mikeyjh » 13 Oct 2015, 16:01

Booooooo.

Beej wrote:Oh, I'm sure I could. But *no one* should let a microphone get near Ball again.
Paviel
Posts: 75
Joined: 03 May 2014, 13:56
First Video: Mustache You A Question

Re: Qwerpline Ep04 - Harvest Festival

Postby Paviel » 21 Oct 2015, 13:01

I don't know if you're familiar with "A Prairie Home Companion" (an old radio show by Garrison Keillor), but Qwerpline is starting to remind me of it.

Comparisons between nsburg and Lake Wobegon are pretty easy to make too, I think.
bubba0077
Posts: 6
Joined: 07 Dec 2013, 02:03
First Video: I don't recall

Re: Qwerpline Ep04 - Harvest Festival

Postby bubba0077 » 25 Oct 2015, 09:25

Qwrpline is quickly become my second-favorite thing behind the Hustle.
User avatar
FITorion
Posts: 58
Joined: 20 Jan 2014, 12:34
First Video: One of the Check Points about a year ago

Re: Qwerpline Ep04 - Harvest Festival

Postby FITorion » 26 Oct 2015, 01:04

I've been writing up the individual episode wiki pages. I'm bad at writing synopsis though so I'd like it if someone else did that. http://wiki.loadingreadyrun.com/index.php?title=Qwerpline_Ep04_-_Harvest_Festival



Also I have a question... The Berbishire pot holes were located on the Shaughnessy Highway 3 between Berbishire Drive and Cresent Cresent. Then they disappeared... (maybe they reappeared on the Talcum Puffs field hockey field) Then the Shaughnessy River flooded creating Shaughnessy River II for a time. When that receded the holes had returned to the Shaughnessy Highway.

So far as I can tell there is no place named Berbishire in the qwerpline universe thus far... besides the street name... and there is no reason why Richter Hammockslam should question their name as they are now back where they were before... He also comments that this is a much better place for them... Better than where? Did he know where they had disappeared to?

So what's up with the holes? Do I have their initial location confused?

I've listened to each qwerpline like 5-6 times over trying to pull out every detail for the wiki...
User avatar
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
Posts: 19383
Joined: 29 Oct 2006, 12:19
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate
Location: In Limbo.
Contact:

Re: Qwerpline Ep04 - Harvest Festival

Postby Master Gunner » 26 Oct 2015, 04:02

Given the improv nature of Qwerpline, you're going to have to forgive some lapses in continuity or logic in the show. References to past events may be thrown in as a quick joke without any overall plot actually intended.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
User avatar
Beej
Posts: 56
Joined: 17 Dec 2013, 10:20
First Video: Skeletor's Dick

Re: Qwerpline Ep04 - Harvest Festival

Postby Beej » 26 Oct 2015, 10:47

FITorion wrote:Also I have a question... The Berbishire pot holes were located on the Shaughnessy Highway 3 between Berbishire Drive and Cresent Cresent. Then they disappeared... (maybe they reappeared on the Talcum Puffs field hockey field) Then the Shaughnessy River flooded creating Shaughnessy River II for a time. When that receded the holes had returned to the Shaughnessy Highway.

So far as I can tell there is no place named Berbishire in the qwerpline universe thus far... besides the street name... and there is no reason why Richter Hammockslam should question their name as they are now back where they were before... He also comments that this is a much better place for them... Better than where? Did he know where they had disappeared to?

So what's up with the holes? Do I have their initial location confused?

I've listened to each qwerpline like 5-6 times over trying to pull out every detail for the wiki...


This is how I see it, which means it may not reflect future development of the series:

Highway 3 is not the Shaughnessy. I'm pretty much certain of that.

Those holes in the field hockey field are almost certainly the pot holes from HWY 3, but that isn't set in stone.

Highway 3 might become a road called Berbershire Drive, but passes Crescent Cres. before it does?

When Richter states that the holes are back, it's quite possible he means he's glad they're back on a road, as opposed to being gone for good (because he wouldn't necessarily know that they were in the sports field, or somewhere else...). After all, they're part of the town's heritage.

And as Master Gunner said, we are certainly going to have moments where plot points don't line up. Feel free to try to fill in the blanks, but we may end up filling in those blanks ourselves in a different way.

Also, THANK YOU SO MUCH for adding anything about Qwerpline to the Wiki. Our current way of managing info for Qwerpline is eventually going to be too cumbersome and we may need to go over to the wiki. The problem with that is that anything new we create can't go into the wiki upon recording, for fear of spoiling events in unpublished episodes.
User avatar
FITorion
Posts: 58
Joined: 20 Jan 2014, 12:34
First Video: One of the Check Points about a year ago

Re: Qwerpline Ep04 - Harvest Festival

Postby FITorion » 26 Oct 2015, 14:09

hmm... I wonder how I got it in my head that Highway 3 and the Shaughnessy were the same.

qwerpline wiki corrections made. The wiki is pretty much up to date now with thus far released episodes.
Paviel
Posts: 75
Joined: 03 May 2014, 13:56
First Video: Mustache You A Question

Re: Qwerpline Ep04 - Harvest Festival

Postby Paviel » 27 Oct 2015, 08:04

Speaking of adding things about Qwerpline to the wiki, are the Desert Bus Qwerplines "canon"?

I refer, of course, to these two episodes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBW_6VuX0Ss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MChPm5amU_w
User avatar
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
Posts: 19383
Joined: 29 Oct 2006, 12:19
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate
Location: In Limbo.
Contact:

Re: Qwerpline Ep04 - Harvest Festival

Postby Master Gunner » 27 Oct 2015, 10:44

I would assume any events in them are "canon" until overruled otherwise by a future Qwerpline. At which point both are canon existing in some sort of quantum superposition, as in nsburg all timelines exist simultaneously.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
User avatar
Beej
Posts: 56
Joined: 17 Dec 2013, 10:20
First Video: Skeletor's Dick

Re: Qwerpline Ep04 - Harvest Festival

Postby Beej » 27 Oct 2015, 14:36

Paviel wrote:Speaking of adding things about Qwerpline to the wiki, are the Desert Bus Qwerplines "canon"?

I refer, of course, to these two episodes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBW_6VuX0Ss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MChPm5amU_w


Master Gunner wrote:I would assume any events in them are "canon" until overruled otherwise by a future Qwerpline. At which point both are canon existing in some sort of quantum superposition, as in nsburg all timelines exist simultaneously.


I would agree with Master Gunner. We weren't world-building with the original Derplines/QWOPlines/Qwerplines, so don't assume that anything we brought up there is canon. However, little tidbits like "ASS! The Musical" might be safe to include for now.
edshouldbeinbed
Posts: 5
Joined: 25 Nov 2013, 21:55
First Video: Story Guy Part One

Re: Qwerpline Ep04 - Harvest Festival

Postby edshouldbeinbed » 24 Jun 2016, 16:26

The weather! God, the weather!

Return to “Qwerpline”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest