sWs Ep21 - Royal Rumble 2017

Discussion of our pro wrestling pod/vidcast Sidewalk Slam, and pro wrestling in general.
Graham
Super Moderator

sWs Ep21 - Royal Rumble 2017

Postby Graham » 12 Feb 2017, 20:13

With their perspective from seeing the show LIVE in San Antonio, it's the Royal Rumble 2017!
GlorySeer
First Video: The Job

Re: sWs Ep21 - Royal Rumble 2017

Postby GlorySeer » 12 Feb 2017, 23:10

Watching this, a lot of what Graham mentioned about Roman's entrance are what bothered me. This was my first PPV and even my first wrestling event I've ever watched. And even I couldn't suspend my disbelief that someone who had been absolutely destroyed like Roman had been was able to just come out and clean up these powerful men. I thought the commentators did a great job of making the Undertaker out to be this massive otherworldly threat during the entire thing. And then Roman just manages to take him out without any real effort. It was just... frustrating honestly.

And I had the same thoughts on the ending. I would have loved to see the final two being Orton and Wyatt. I can just picture them eliminating Roman together, taking a moment to catch their breath, and staring at each other for a moment. Just when people think there might be a turn, Orton goes to the edge of the ring, stretches his arms out, and lets Wyatt just gently push him over. Just something like that could have been done in a really interesting way.
RoboNixon
First Video: Skeletor's Dick

Postby RoboNixon » 13 Feb 2017, 11:10

I agree with Gloryseer about "super" Roman being dumb. I too started watching wrestling again after the Rumble, and rented 2k17 last week. I'd say it's 100% from seeing Adam and Graham's enthusiasm for the WWE. Keep up the good work guys :)
Learning without thought is labor lost - Confucius
Gap Filler
First Video: The Job

Postby Gap Filler » 13 Feb 2017, 12:40

Petty nitpicks hoping for more storyline stuff like La Luchadora, how Jericho won that US belt, Rollins taking over TakeOver (more TakeOver talk in general actually), Samoa Joe Raw debut etc but whatevs, yr man can write that off to PAX pox and the usual nara.

Welcome back guys. Great to hear it was an awesome weeknd (especially the golf cart). And given Elimination Chamber was last nacht (Holy Shit its already been two weeks since the Rumble) already psyched for next sWs.
"In the neighbourhood of infinity; it was the time of the giant moths..."
Genghis Ares
First Video: ArmEGAddon

Postby Genghis Ares » 15 Feb 2017, 23:10

I think they're focusing more on PPVs/Big Events and the stories connected to them. Hopefully they are able to do more in between.

Return to “Sidewalk Slam”