Fall 2016 Seasonal Anime Roundup

Talk about our Anime roundup show.
User avatar
Paul
Super Moderator
Posts: 1000573
Joined: 15 Apr 2005, 18:31
First Video: Tetris
Location: Victoria, BC

Fall 2016 Seasonal Anime Roundup

Postby Paul » 18 Oct 2016, 19:56

The Weeb-team featuring Beej, Heather, Ian and Cori round up their anime picks from the Summer season and outline what they're looking forward to in Fall of 2016.

-Summer 2016-
Beej's Picks:
- Amaama to Inazuma
- Cheer Danshi!!
- Fukigen na Mononokean

Heather's Picks:
- Handa-kun
- Orange

Ian's Picks:
- JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Diamond wa Kudakenai
- Mob Psycho 100
- Sakamoto Deus Ga? The Movie

Cori's Picks:
- Mahoutsukai no Yome: Hoshi Matsu Hito
- Big Fish & Begonia

- Fall 2016 -
Beej's Picks:
- Kiitarou Shounen no Youkai Enikki
- Nobunaga no Shinobi
- Udon no Kuni no Kiniro Kemari

Heather's Picks:
- ClassicaLoid
- Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku
- Natsume Yuujinchou Go

Ian's Picks:
- 3-gatsu no Lion
- Yuri!!! On ICE
- Gakuen Handsome

Cori's Picks:
- CHEATING CRAFT
- Drifters
- Fune wo Amu The Great Passage
User avatar
Kronopticon
Posts: 27
Joined: 17 Jan 2010, 05:16
First Video: Phailhaus
Location: Lancashire. England.

Re: Fall 2016 Seasonal Anime Roundup

Postby Kronopticon » 22 Oct 2016, 08:52

Just wanted to thank Beej on his recommendation of Fukigen na Mononokean. Started watching it and I am very much hooked. Looking forward to the next seasonal roundup :D

I dont really keep up to date with new and interesting anime's and usually get stuck watching shows like Naruto, Death Note, One Piece, Nanatsu no Taizai, just to name a few. So Im really looking forward to some wonderful future recommendations to broaden my horizons.
unpronounceable
Posts: 116
Joined: 21 Dec 2014, 18:08
First Video: A Stitch in Time

Re: Fall 2016 Seasonal Anime Roundup

Postby unpronounceable » 22 Oct 2016, 10:05

Kronopticon wrote:Just wanted to thank Beej on his recommendation of Fukigen na Mononokean. Started watching it and I am very much hooked. Looking forward to the next seasonal roundup :D

I dont really keep up to date with new and interesting anime's and usually get stuck watching shows like Naruto, Death Note, One Piece, Nanatsu no Taizai, just to name a few. So Im really looking forward to some wonderful future recommendations to broaden my horizons.


If you want recent recommendations from strangers, you can check out this top 10 list by year. We aren't good at making the show pages any more, but for a general list of shows to check out, it's pretty good.
User avatar
Kronopticon
Posts: 27
Joined: 17 Jan 2010, 05:16
First Video: Phailhaus
Location: Lancashire. England.

Re: Fall 2016 Seasonal Anime Roundup

Postby Kronopticon » 22 Oct 2016, 11:43

unpronounceable wrote:
If you want recent recommendations from strangers, you can check out this top 10 list by year. We aren't good at making the show pages any more, but for a general list of shows to check out, it's pretty good.


An interesting list. Just a shame that some of the more recent shows on the list don't have pages created for them yet. So its not ideal. I don't really like having to judge a show basely on its name. But thanks for the link, I'll have to look a little deeper into a few of the shows there :)
User avatar
LunarJade
Posts: 60
Joined: 23 Nov 2010, 14:25
First Video: Desert Bus 3
Location: Victoria, BC
Contact:

Re: Fall 2016 Seasonal Anime Roundup

Postby LunarJade » 23 Oct 2016, 13:34

unpronounceable wrote:
Kronopticon wrote:Just wanted to thank Beej on his recommendation of Fukigen na Mononokean. Started watching it and I am very much hooked. Looking forward to the next seasonal roundup :D

I dont really keep up to date with new and interesting anime's and usually get stuck watching shows like Naruto, Death Note, One Piece, Nanatsu no Taizai, just to name a few. So Im really looking forward to some wonderful future recommendations to broaden my horizons.


If you want recent recommendations from strangers, you can check out this top 10 list by year. We aren't good at making the show pages any more, but for a general list of shows to check out, it's pretty good.


Looking at the 2015 list and that's pretty deece.
I've seen everything on that list with the exception of Jojo, Parasyte and My Teen Romantic Comedy.
The first two I know of. Jojo isn't much my thing and I read the Parasyte manga so knew I didn't want to see that story animated (horror generally isn't my thing). My Teen Romantic Comedy is probably the only one I haven't heard of, so I suppose I should go see if that's something I'd be interested in at some point.
SixFootTurkey
Posts: 345
Joined: 18 Nov 2012, 03:54
First Video: PAX Prime '12 panel (recorded)

Re: Fall 2016 Seasonal Anime Roundup

Postby SixFootTurkey » 27 Oct 2016, 11:49

Hmm, I may have to give Handa-kun another shot; the intro was definitely what put me off the first time. Orange and Yuri look good so far - need to finish those. Forgot all about Amaama to Inazuma - I'll have to look into that, as well as the dictionary one.

Side note, does anyone find Ian's hatred of K-On rather silly? I realize he's probably just using as an example of the types of anime that aren't his style... Still, with how ambivalent they are towards 'stupid boob anime', you would think he'd be a bit less spiteful/condescending/vehement about slice of life anime. While delving into the subject more deeply is interesting (and I've been a huge fan of Nodame Cantabile since it was first released), not everyone is singly defined by a central hobby.

Return to “AnoAni”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest