Merry Christmas Graham Stark

Talk about the latest LRR video or discuss your past favorites.
epocalypse
First Video: omnilingual (not including unskippable)
Location: the county of los angeles, the city of los angeles, whichever state los angeles is in.

Re: Merry Christmas Graham Stark

Postby epocalypse » 21 Dec 2009, 19:01

check out wikipedia, flag day and arbor day most def can be in canada, and there are indeed parts of canada that rock a memorial day. Even without that, why not have holiday hate that knows no borders?
Last edited by epocalypse on 21 Dec 2009, 19:11, edited 1 time in total.
Time flies when I launch grandfather clocks from my trebuchet.
Arius wrote:Epocalypse? More like Epicalypse, amirite? -Arius
and now, here's a link to new animated film, broken_test_zero's blog, and here'sa link to our facebook page.
my personal site
hurrahformadmatt

Postby hurrahformadmatt » 21 Dec 2009, 19:06

ah political metaphor, we meet again!
But this time I shall be the victor!

nice
SomeUnregPunk
First Video: Forget about It

Postby SomeUnregPunk » 21 Dec 2009, 19:24

I can hear everything! The gravel being crunched, to passing cars, to leaves crinkling... did your team get some new equipment recently?
MostlyImprov
First Video: How to Talk Like A Pirate

Postby MostlyImprov » 21 Dec 2009, 19:30

Halfway through this I started to wonder if you guys had just copy-pasted a Peanuts script from somewhere and changed around a few adjectives. Paul's ending speech seems to refute that somewhat, but this really was an amazingly authentic and hilarious take on everything Charlie Brown related.
-Seamus
spartanhelmet

Postby spartanhelmet » 21 Dec 2009, 19:35

I'd thank you for the video, but I'm too busy wrapping presents.

What's funny, is that was true up until I started typing :/
"LRR för 4 av 5 toasts"
theashigaru
First Video: The Con

Postby theashigaru » 21 Dec 2009, 20:05

That was the perfect antithesis of a Charlie Brown Christmas. And by "perfect antithesis" I mean it in the most superb way. I found the whole thing compelling. After the Charlie Brown sweater Graham was wearing, the dialogue was what tipped me off. Music sealed the deal!

And I thought last year's Christmas video was good...
Is it safe?
Sable
The Master Chef
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby Sable » 21 Dec 2009, 20:29

Wow, I was all ready to come in and say "I don't suppose you embryos remember A Charlie Brown Christmas!" but the cockles of my heart are warmed that I'm not actually as old as I feel sometimes, having apparently grown up in some kind of time vortex where Little Boxes and Johnny B. Goode were on the radio in the eighties and nineties.

Merry Christmas/Happy Kwanzaa/Happy Hanukkah/Etc. to all you LRRites.
azazelbuddha

Postby azazelbuddha » 21 Dec 2009, 20:31

i <3 Snoopy-Jer. Where was Morgan as Pigpen?
sarcasm is your body's natural defense against stupid

everyday i think people can't get any stupider; everyday i'm proven horribly wrong

i will wear black until they make something DARKER
tak197
Feito Com Fruta
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby tak197 » 21 Dec 2009, 20:44

Pigpen WAS in the original. I loved his thing with the girl wih the naturally curly hair.
Nevrmore
Supreme Testicle Manager

Postby Nevrmore » 21 Dec 2009, 20:49

You know, as you grow older - or maybe it's just me because I'm cynical - the Christmas spirit starts to hit you later and later, and at smaller and smaller doses. These last few years, I hadn't really felt like Christmas had come around until late in the second half of December. Until today, I still didn't feel like it was Christmas, and I was wondering with only four days to go if I would just start thinking of Christmas as the same shit, different day type day, only one where I got a bunch of gifts for no reason.

Yet seeing this video changed that. And I know that it's a bit twisted to gain the Christmas spirit from a parodic skit that espouses commercialization as the meaning of Christmas, but the old-school feel of the Charlie Brown parody, the spot-on music from Bradley (really, your videos are so much better with him on board instead of generic music), and the feeling that the people I'm watching are friends of mine that I know and respect all weave together to spark the dormant emotions in the bottom of my stomach that flutter up in that unmistakable frenzy of the yuletide season.

So I guess I'm waxing verbose as a way to say; Thanks for staving off my eventual transformation into old Ebenezer, if only for one more year.
octopimpostor
First Video: Halo

Postby octopimpostor » 21 Dec 2009, 21:02

not one of my favorites. but thats probably because i don't watch the peanuts. i did notice the shirt that graham was wearing. if it tells you anything, i can't even remember the guys name. i know it starts with a C... i had a deprived childhood
Edit: CHARLEY BROWN got it
Last edited by octopimpostor on 21 Dec 2009, 21:12, edited 1 time in total.
My total fail count: 6
Dubious_wolf wrote:
octopimpostor wrote:My total fail count: 7...8

[/quote]
Link to my desert bus video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGrIfi2ORK8
my other video that will soon be a series is here. REAL VIDEOGAME CHARACTERS http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cj2T7wIymsk
Kevco
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby Kevco » 21 Dec 2009, 21:05

Pity that the play scene with Peppermint Patty and Marcie didn't have a place.
Maybe next year....
Who's going to be the sheep?
There is sarcasm in my post. If you are smart, you should be able to find it.

"I'm too busy having an out-of-money experience"
AlexanderDitto
Better Than the First Alexander
First Video: Desert Bus 1: The Original!

Postby AlexanderDitto » 21 Dec 2009, 21:16

Aww... this video gave me the warm fuzzies in the weirdest, most cynical way. I love the Charlie Brown Christmas special, in all its' quaintness, and I love this just as much.

Love you guys! Happy... December?!
CommanderKeen
First Video: Halo: The Future of Gaming

Postby CommanderKeen » 21 Dec 2009, 22:04

One of your best. And I don't mean of your Christmas specials. I mean one of your best videos you guys have ever done.
theo5p
First Video: Desertbus live feed

Postby theo5p » 21 Dec 2009, 22:12

Matt wrote:
theo5p wrote:That was an amazing video. It made up for not being able to see the peanuts cartoon this year.

you know, I recently heard of a new-fangled invention. The technology is pretty new, so you may not have heard of it before, but it's called "video recording". Yeah! I know! Apparently you can now make a copy of a program, and play it back later! All you need is a player and a "video-casette", though I've heard you might also be able to do it with a "digital versatille disc". Apparently some stores even let you rent these "recordings" so you can watch a show any time you like!

Matt
I am aware of these devices that record broadcast television and actually have a few. Now I don't know about Canada but in the US they switched over to digital broadcasting thusly rendering the tuners on all of my magnetic tape storage and digital video disk devices pretty worthless for recording. I now there are digital to analog converter boxes to remedy this, but having just moved from an apartment with free cable to one that does not I have not gotten around to acquiring this device. Also, since I refuse to pay out the nose for a million channels that I wont watch for the relatively few hours I am home, using a Digital Video Recorder or an on demand service via satellite or cable is not an option. As far as these stores you speak of that loan movies for a period of time in exchange for a fee, those are getting few and far between here in southern Illinois. There are these automated kiosks that serve the same functions, but they do not have near the selection of the old rental stores.
Having said that, yes I know of ways to see the Peanuts Christmas if I really wanted to, and I really wasn't upset about missing it to the point of going too far out of my way to find it. I am just saying that your video really really funny and its a good adaptation of the source material. I agree with CommanderKeen, this is one of your better videos.

Theo
Metcarfre
First Video: Not Applicable

Postby Metcarfre » 21 Dec 2009, 22:34

I am sure I would have liked this more if YouTube hadn't killed it for me. I eagerly anticipate the move to The Escapist which seems to work a lot better for me.

The sooner you can do a Quicktime version, the better!

It sounded really good though!
Dubious_wolf
First Video: Mercenary Solutions 2

Postby Dubious_wolf » 21 Dec 2009, 23:26

I am appoint.
I love the Charlie brown christmas. So if you mix LRR and peanuts... Well I suppose you get blue moldy peanuts that would taste pretty aweful. Oh well Good Grief and Happy Holidays. :D
^( " )^
winner!
Steamcastle
First Video: commodoreHUSTLE 11 - Showdown

Postby Steamcastle » 21 Dec 2009, 23:31

I haven't watch that much Radiserne (the Radishes the name they use for them in denmark), so it took me some time to get that Graham Stark is Søren Brun, but that Jer was Nuser I didn't get until I got to the forums.
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 22 Dec 2009, 00:24

Jer's costume, by the way, is how Snoopy is always portrayed when played by actors in the Charlie Brown stage plays.
Steamcastle
First Video: commodoreHUSTLE 11 - Showdown

Postby Steamcastle » 22 Dec 2009, 00:38

what are you saying Graham Stark, that there have been stage plays
Murakami
First Video: Time is Money

Postby Murakami » 22 Dec 2009, 00:58

It cannot be stressed enough how awosome Pauls monologue was.
Arius wrote:De Nederlanders vallen binnen!
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 22 Dec 2009, 01:09

Steamcastle wrote:what are you saying Graham Stark, that there have been stage plays
There's a play called "You're a Good Man Charlie Brown".
DmitriW
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Postby DmitriW » 22 Dec 2009, 02:00

"Tens and twenties are probably best" - isn't that...Sally's letter to Santa? "Please send money. Preferably tens and twenties."

EDIT: Apparently somebody else got to it first. Drat.
Last edited by DmitriW on 22 Dec 2009, 02:09, edited 2 times in total.
Consider this signature a museum piece, since I love it and am unlikely to change it ever.
Brein
First Video: Long Time Ago...it was a classic :D

Postby Brein » 22 Dec 2009, 02:07

Noes! I have to wait till Monday (ftr: after X-mas) next week to see the rest of it! Because of the shitty internet connection I have at the moment It won't stream videos for more than about lets saaay a minute :( I'm stuck at where Kathleen is showing!
xpk3
First Video: Fun With Microwaves

Postby xpk3 » 22 Dec 2009, 02:18

Brein wrote:Noes! I have to wait till Monday (ftr: after X-mas) next week to see the rest of it! Because of the shitty internet connection I have at the moment It won't stream videos for more than about lets saaay a minute :( I'm stuck at where Kathleen is showing!

i used to have that problem with virgin media, it sucks balls.

Return to “LRR Video Discussion”