Just Drive

Talk about the latest LRR video or discuss your past favorites.
Machalllewis
First Video: Ways to Stay Awake

Re: Just Drive

Postby Machalllewis » 26 Jan 2010, 01:30

Graham wrote:
Arius wrote:All in all, a good video. Seeing the preview pic and the video starting, I thought it was gonna be Ben as the robber. Basically, I thought the stinger at the end was gonna be the video.
That was the hope!

Shneaky LRRses.

But yeah funny video. And I dunno but I'm liking the continuity weaving.

Whens the actual next cH by the by? I'm fairly certain it should have been by now, but for the Escapist move like. That may be kind of confusing for the Escapist dudes if you suddenly bring in something where you play yourselves when you've been playing characters so far.

Obviously we get it cos we've been kicking around for a while but I can see how jumping into cH stuff may throw them.
Nothing to see here.
rootbeerbaby

Postby rootbeerbaby » 26 Jan 2010, 03:31

I don't get much chance to post these days but had to make an exception for this, which genuinely had me LOLing enough to scare my cat :lol:
Will write for root beer
Day is followed by dusk followed by night. Then dusk. Then night. Then dusk again.
Maeglin
First Video: Celestial Sea Episode 1

Postby Maeglin » 26 Jan 2010, 03:46

Great video. I laughed throughout the whole thing out of the absurdity of it all. It was a nice touch how it was also a stick shift he suddenly had to learn to drive as opposed to an automatic. xD
Pants are optional.
Asnone
First Video: Forget about it.

Postby Asnone » 26 Jan 2010, 04:30

If I saw a criminal getting a piggy back ride away I'd lit him go. Then you just wait until the get into an argument and the one carrying him said "Well stuff you then." and shrugs him off. Problem solved.
"I would rather pay tax than be dead! AARGH!!!"
"OK, but... Think about women's change rooms. We can finally look inside them."
RytelCSF
First Video: Son of a Bitch

Postby RytelCSF » 26 Jan 2010, 09:26

Graham wrote:Oh wow. Okay, that's awesome and all (it is!), but let's please not try to weave every following video into a cohesive narrative.

Oh, I had no plans to. I was just trying to satirically demonstrate how contrived people who somehow think it's an ongoing story must think the plot is. Sorry.
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 26 Jan 2010, 09:33

RytelCSF wrote:Oh, I had no plans to. I was just trying to satirically demonstrate how contrived people who somehow think it's an ongoing story must think the plot is. Sorry.

*cough*Lyinginbedmon*cough*
...admittedly I participated too, but it wasn't serious business for me.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
Wesley
First Video: Door to Door

Postby Wesley » 26 Jan 2010, 13:31

Graham wrote:Oh wow. Okay, that's awesome and all (it is!), but let's please not try to weave every following video into a cohesive narrative.

Sorry Graham, but I'm pretty sure by saying it, you have made it so.

Now the real challenge would be to go back through the archives, and write up the plot connections for all the videos. Bonus points if you add in ISC...

Otherwise, great video. The sting was all win.
Keab42

Postby Keab42 » 26 Jan 2010, 13:56

Wesley wrote:Now the real challenge would be to go back through the archives, and write up the plot connections for all the videos.

Lyinginbedmon (I think, sorry if it's not you) has had a go: http://wiki.loadingreadyrun.com/index.p ... f_the_LRRd
Keab42: Keeb-forty-two Deal with it. @Keab42 | | +Keab42 | | Tumblr
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 26 Jan 2010, 13:56

Wesley wrote:Now the real challenge would be to go back through the archives, and write up the plot connections for all the videos. Bonus points if you add in ISC...

Already being done. At least, the "us playing us" videos up to the beginning of commodoreHUSTLE.

EDIT: Damn, ninja'd. Yes, it was primarily Lyinginbedmon.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 26 Jan 2010, 14:05

Yeah, but it's one thing to try and connect them through what you can see in the videos, it's another to just make stuff up.
Fan-fic is fine, but that's what that is.
Lawman
First Video: 3 PS3s

Postby Lawman » 26 Jan 2010, 14:25

Will-Mun wrote:I'm finding it equally funny and frustrating that the Escapist Forum goers (at least in part) still don't get this isn't episode 3...but only the latest in a long line of videos...

Same goes for me. I'd love there to be some sort of post-video announcement, be it verbal or textual, saying something to the effect of, "Oi, Escapist viewers, you keep referring to this episode as the fourth one. Nuh-uh: 340th, bitches. And there's, like, over 100 bonus videos. Now get with the programme. <link to LRR> You've got a lot of viewing to get done."

Not that exact wording, obviously.
ThrashJazzAssassin
First Video: The Lich King's New Wrath

Postby ThrashJazzAssassin » 26 Jan 2010, 14:59

The thing that amuses me even more than that is that almost everyone seems to be using the wrong acronym. Obviously enough people misspelt it early on that a lot of Escapists now think that LLR is the correct acronym, and haven't actually worked out that the second L is wrong.
Tim
proudfoot
First Video: Something funny.

Postby Tim » 26 Jan 2010, 17:22

I don't think so. It's just a common typo that people haven't had enough experience to recognize at first glance.
Special People: Superhero-with-a-twist web fiction, updating twice weekly.
Losing Freight: A sci-fi serial where readers vote on daily polls to shape the future of the story!
jtaylor
ASCII Ninja
First Video: Talk Like a Pirate

Postby jtaylor » 26 Jan 2010, 19:11

So did you write the video with covering Paul's beard in mind, did you pick out the script because it had the opportunity to cover Paul's beard, or was it just coincidence?

Also James really needs a belt full of police-looking things as well as the black shoes to look official. I remember you guys talking about how you put together a police belt in the podcast once.
Mercenary

Postby Mercenary » 26 Jan 2010, 20:51

Love this one. :D I now want to start a business teaching people how to drive.

Called "YOU WILL DRIVE. OR ELSE."
Machalllewis
First Video: Ways to Stay Awake

Postby Machalllewis » 27 Jan 2010, 01:25

Graham wrote:Fan-fic is fine, but that's what that is.

It IS? That includes slash-fic right? Cos I have me some plans.

MuahahaHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!
Nothing to see here.
Arius
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Arius » 27 Jan 2010, 01:33

Isn't it bad enough that Jer will never be allowed to own a duck because of us?
H̼̮̖͓̻ͮ̀ͬ̓e̟̦͉̾̔̀ͣ͆̄ ͚̤̈̉ͦ̎ͭ̚c̰̠͚̜̹ͪ̐̎̃ͅo̗͌͛ͥ͑m̍ͬͥ̚e͍̱̲̤͚̹͔͛s͚̱̤͚̲̭̗̃̎ͭ̚.̘̫̖̮̠͒̔.̝̹̟̳͚̂̆̋͌̐̚.̬͓̰̃̑
empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby empath » 27 Jan 2010, 06:34

jtaylor wrote:Also James really needs a belt full of police-looking things as well as the black shoes to look official. I remember you guys talking about how you put together a police belt in the podcast once.

Well, I think the fact that James is going to be carrying Jer on his back precludes him wearing anything on his belt that pants legs could snag on, etc. - safety first, doncha know! :)

Excellent video, as always! Matt's "Oh, come ON!" delivery was grin-inducing, as was the punchline, and the 'preview pic' of a masked man in the backseat made my mind ignore the possibility of the stinger - Ben's delivery was awesome too, by the way.

Oh and I'm gonna modify elvor's unanswered question of:
elvor wrote:What was with the random music at the end though?

Into "what WAS the random music at the end though?" - the kinda western jingle seemed oddly appropriate for the piggy-back chase, but I know have a hankering to find out the piece's name...
Tezuka
First Video: Installation Anxiety/Unskippable Videos

Postby Tezuka » 28 Jan 2010, 10:50

I wasn't entirely disappointed in this video, but I wasn't as happy either. I LOVED the "what do you mean you can't drive?"/ driving lesson part. After that it kinda got into a bit of..meh. Wasn't too funny, wasn't bad either. just, quick chuckles here and there. That was until the ending stinger. Other than that, it was a pretty good vid. Brightened up my day a bit. =)
Trymantha
First Video: Watchmen Watching

Postby Trymantha » 28 Jan 2010, 12:36

loved the video but cause I got away i couldnt wach it till this morning. great Stinger once again.
Ok, for the record im a Guy

||tumblr||twitter||
Genghis Ares
First Video: ArmEGAddon

Postby Genghis Ares » 29 Jan 2010, 21:27

For a little while, I thought this video would turn into some sort of unconventional driver's ed.
ThrashJazzAssassin
First Video: The Lich King's New Wrath

Postby ThrashJazzAssassin » 30 Jan 2010, 06:16

Yeah, I was wondering if it was going to be more like the driving lesson in The Naked Gun. But no, that was far too sensible.

Return to “LRR Video Discussion”