Cursing

Talk about the latest LRR video or discuss your past favorites.
psychopez
First Video: Crime and Punishment

Re: Cursing

Postby psychopez » 01 Mar 2011, 06:18

Yaxley wrote:Can I just say that this was one of the best acted videos ever? The script would have been pretty good to begin with, but World-wise Cursing Professor Graham and Slightly Out of His Element Matt just raised it to another level. And Graham pretending to hide behind Matt... it feels weird to compliment the blocking of a shot, but it really did make it funnier.

EDIT: I've always had this idea that if I ever had too much free time, I would go through the archives, find all the video with cursing, and just make a LRR montage of "fuck". Because apparently I am 12, and that would make me laugh.

I would pay 10 bucks for that. Or donate 10 bucks to Child's Play.
@mhasko
Mighty Magnus
First Video: Phailhaus - 26

Postby Mighty Magnus » 01 Mar 2011, 06:30

Lyinginbedmon wrote:I dunno, I think Alex would be pretty awesome as the "Hello viewers, I'm award-nominated sketch comedy actor and cult figure Alex Steacy, and this next video includes a lot of derp, so take care!" guy

I'd accept that for a video starter. :D
Life is not a race, it's a journey. Stop running, start enjoying.
LogicSword
First Video: Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Postby LogicSword » 01 Mar 2011, 06:38

The problem would arise whenever he was actually in the video though.
goat

Postby goat » 01 Mar 2011, 06:43

Littleman 64 wrote:That single long shot with Graham, Matt, and Jer was impressive to say the least. 1 minute 29 seconds long to be specific. You guys are awesome for that dedication!

Came here late just for that.

Great work.
Follow a derelict account:

http://www.twitter.com/goat1
The Jester
First Video: The Truce

Postby The Jester » 01 Mar 2011, 07:34

LogicSword wrote:The problem would arise whenever he was actually in the video though.

So they'd just record two intros. No problem. ;)
Septavius
Location: The friends to the south of our friends to the north

Postby Septavius » 01 Mar 2011, 09:30

Or you could go for something different and silly each time.

"Hi, I'm TV's Alex Steacy, and..."
"Hi, I'm Alex Steacy, star of the hit summer blockbuster (insert random crapshot here), and..."
"Hi, I'm Alex Steacy, world-renowned water polo referee and philanthropist, and..."
facelesscog
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby facelesscog » 01 Mar 2011, 09:31

First: Loved the video!
Second: Thank you, LRR folk, for the awesome Cookie Brigade shout-out at the end of the video! With PAX East quickly coming up, the more we can raise awareness of the Brigade, the more money we can raise for Child's Play!

Looking forward to seeing everyone there! (and hoping to get my Creepy Doll autographed!)
-Jeff
@Facelesscog
OmegaGimp 2010 PAXE
Jon Lock
First Video: Ways to X2Y

Postby Jon Lock » 01 Mar 2011, 10:58

Awesome video, guys. Always a big fan of the Matt and Graham pairing. This has the feel of a season opening. Didn't the last season finale pass by a couple of weeks ago (as mentioned in the LRRcast?)

Where was this filmed by the way? I spent a day wandering around Victoria a couple of years ago. This was the same day I discovered my mate was terrified of peacocks... was wondering if this was the same peacock. Or park. You know. It's a small world.

Did you film this on a new camera, by the by? It's looking pretty crisp. The writing, the acting and the production were just brilliant. I was trying to guess throughout who was responsible for the script. I'm proud to say I could tell it wasn't one of the usual suspects... but I never would have guessed Andy. Very, very impressive.
Jon is the writer and creator of Afterlife Inc., Cuckoos, Orb and 99 Swords. He is also a co-founder of Big Punch Studios.

www.bigpunchstudios.com
@jonlockcomics
Drinnik
First Video: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/v

Postby Drinnik » 01 Mar 2011, 11:09

Until the credits I thought it was a Graham/Kathleen collaberation.
dackwards d wrote:You'd think that anyone in the sciences would at least be open to experimentation.

aeric90
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby aeric90 » 01 Mar 2011, 12:47

I retract my previous statment. On futher revision Matt looks fine in green. I'm sorry :(
Join The War Against Pants
http://twitter.com/aeric90
Zaktan
First Video: Right to the Source

Postby Zaktan » 01 Mar 2011, 16:37

That was really sharply written. I found it hilarious, and for some reason not as offensive as the toothpaste video (where Graham steals Matt's toothpaste). Maybe because you guys were cursing more casually and less emphatically, but it really made it funny. Are you guys going to enter this video at VISFF?

Also, it could be that I've been desensitized after watching the Oscars. xD
Slack Mesa
First Video: Green

Postby Slack Mesa » 01 Mar 2011, 19:46

aeric90 wrote:Green isn't you colour though, Matt.

Oh, come on, you can do better than that. Try this:

Nice shirt, Matt. Green. Of course. You know what else is green? Zombie bile. And when the zombie apocalypse makes it to your town, I hope everyone you ever loved turns into a zombie. And when they've got you cornered, and you have to carve up all your friends and family with a chainsaw to survive, I hope the green zombie juice splashes all over your nice clean shirt.

See, now that's how you comment on someone's shirt colour.
WBAGNR
First Video: Crime and Punishment

Postby WBAGNR » 01 Mar 2011, 21:21

Are Matt and Graham actually standing slightly to the side of shot when talking to each other? To me it looks like each person is not quite looking at them, almost looking past them. Was this the case? Nit-picking I know.

Good video though, but for some reason I didn't find it laugh-out-loud funny, more chuckle under breath funny.
iamafish wrote:copping a feel is just the gentlemanly thing to do

My travel blog
JackSlack
First Video: ENN, but I forget which.

Postby JackSlack » 01 Mar 2011, 22:14

... would that make the next podcast "Ways to Curse the Deal" podcast? Or maybe "Ways to Close the Cursing"?
Oxford
First Video: The Whatever Thing

Postby Oxford » 01 Mar 2011, 22:33

Great vid, guys!
9 out of 10 Americans believe that out of 10 people 1 American will always disagree with the other 9.
Lord Chrusher
Can't Drink Possible Beers
First Video: Door to Door

Postby Lord Chrusher » 02 Mar 2011, 03:30

Jon Lock wrote:Where was this filmed by the way? I spent a day wandering around Victoria a couple of years ago. This was the same day I discovered my mate was terrified of peacocks... was wondering if this was the same peacock. Or park. You know. It's a small world.

Beacon Hill Park I believe.
We are all made of star dust. However we are also made of nuclear waste.
Remember to think before you post.
WAYF
First Video: Unskippable: The Getaway

Postby WAYF » 02 Mar 2011, 16:04

That was awesome. Absolutely perfect in every aspect of it. It reminds me of what Graham's character did in ArMEGAddon. And Matt's rant was absolutely perfect, and despite the twist ending, it was also true.

And now I want cookies... served by people wearing Child's Play Capes. Or just capes, really. :P
"My favourite song is 'Girl Panic!'... because girls make me panic... in a good way!"
- Simon Le Bon.
WAYF
First Video: Unskippable: The Getaway

Postby WAYF » 02 Mar 2011, 16:10

JackSlack wrote:... would that make the next podcast "Ways to Curse the Deal" podcast? Or maybe "Ways to Close the Cursing"?

Since the podcast would have to cover the past 4 videos, I'm thinking something like "Ways to Curse Impersonal Deities".
"My favourite song is 'Girl Panic!'... because girls make me panic... in a good way!"
- Simon Le Bon.
Metcarfre
First Video: Not Applicable

Postby Metcarfre » 02 Mar 2011, 18:45

Bodily frunctions?
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 02 Mar 2011, 19:47

Sssssh...
Vigafre
First Video: Halo: The Future of Gaming

Postby Vigafre » 02 Mar 2011, 21:44

Oh hi, Shush Guy.
Metcarfre
First Video: Not Applicable

Postby Metcarfre » 03 Mar 2011, 09:40

In all seriousness, I thought this was one of your best videos in terms of competence. Great acting, great camerawork, and great... what do you call that continuity where Jer is walking behind Matt in the various back-and-forth-over-the-shoulder shots between Graham and Matt? Anyways, good stuff. Now, it unfortunately did not provide me my RDA of 'teh lulz'. But it was pretty darn good.
Stuey
First Video: I am not American

Postby Stuey » 03 Mar 2011, 12:11

I don't know, I definitely got my "lulz". It may be immature, but when done right, I find swearing hilarious. The stinger really got me.
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 03 Mar 2011, 15:05

metcarfre wrote:great... what do you call that continuity where Jer is walking behind Matt in the various back-and-forth-over-the-shoulder shots between Graham and Matt?
I don't know, but I'm so glad you noticed it!
ThrashJazzAssassin
First Video: The Lich King's New Wrath

Postby ThrashJazzAssassin » 03 Mar 2011, 15:36

Good stuff. As many people have already said, both the writing and acting were top-notch. Also, yay for no longer getting virus attacks when I try to watch Escapist videos!

Mighty Magnus wrote:I too agree Alex should do more 'I'm not in this video' openers, but get other random people to do them to.

How about Morgan? After all, he has the advantage of not actually being in videos.

Return to “LRR Video Discussion”