Papers, Please

Talk about the latest LRR video or discuss your past favorites.
AlexanderDitto
Better Than the First Alexander
First Video: Desert Bus 1: The Original!

Re: Papers, Please

Postby AlexanderDitto » 22 Apr 2014, 09:37

Graham wrote:She does not. She didn't even get the stream working. I think this has roots elsewhere.

I was being a little facetious, since I know she doesn't. (Pika's lovely but that's a lot of views!)

After doing some sleuthing. The steady trickle of new views can be attributed to the video having the same name as the game. The Pocket Planes shorts on Nimblebit's youtube account all have the same pattern, with sustained increasing views even many months after the video was posted.

But that doesn't explain those two spikes. Interestingly, some of the other top videos that come up when you search for Papers, Please on youtube have similar spikes... but not all of them. :/ If it were just people searching for the videos due to, say, the BAFTA, I would have guessed the spikes would occur across all Papers, Please videos. But they don't.

I don't know. It's curious! I hope the spikes come back.

EDIT:

IT CAME BACK

April 28. I watched it spike today. Wonder why? Maybe the game's wins at the Games for Change festival???

Edit: August 12th: Happy 100,000 views, darling little video. <3
empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Re: Papers, Please

Postby empath » 17 May 2014, 19:04

I know I'm belated in this round of inquiry/brainstorming, but - is it possible the spikes coincided with the game going on sale with Steam/GoG/Humble or similar? A sudden increase in player base might result in increased interest in anything related to the game...

Return to “LRR Video Discussion”