Twenty-Thirteen

Talk about the latest LRR video or discuss your past favorites.
Yoshi001
First Video: Unskippable - Lost Planet

Re: Twenty-Thirteen

Postby Yoshi001 » 01 Jan 2014, 00:27

Awesome video. I can't wait for 2014 even if it is your last year of weekly stuff. Also more music on the bandcamp please and thank you!
~~Good Gaming~~
---@greenyoshi001---
Lord Hosk
First Video: Checkpoint: Into the breach
Location: Half and inch below the knuckle of the ring finger. MI

Postby Lord Hosk » 01 Jan 2014, 06:20

Graham wrote:Oh, there's a Loading Time. Hells yes.

hurray!
Beware Bering Crystal Bears, Bearing Crystals. (Especially if the crystals they are bearing are, themselves, Bering Crystal Bears.) -Old, Stupid Proverb

[–]Graham_LRR
You hear that Khoo? We're almost better than the comic!
KyrieEleison
First Video: Desert Bus 5

Postby KyrieEleison » 01 Jan 2014, 15:22

I was just listening to the track on Bandcamp, and I just noticed that in the Commodore verses, not only is it "singing," but there's a computerized harmony track in there, too. Very detail, much impressive. Huge props to Bradley for the music.
It's not epic unless it's dactylic hexameter.

landofanalie.wordpress.com
Robo4900
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Postby Robo4900 » 03 Jan 2014, 22:20

So, the LoadingReadyRap said "Hey, guys, look at how awesome the '80s were!", then 1337 was saying "Hey, guys, look at how awesome the '80s and '90s were!", while Twenty-Thirteen says "Hey, guys, look at how awesome the '80s, '90s, and early 2000s were!"
"If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."
Kapol
First Video: Whisky Tango Foxtrot

Postby Kapol » 04 Jan 2014, 09:11

The next one will be 'look how great the '80s, '90s, '00s, and '10s were!' It will be banned by our evil robot overlords.
Robo4900

Postby Robo4900 » 05 Jan 2014, 06:15

Overlords? Don't you mean protectors?
"If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."
My pseudonym is Ix
First Video: Canadian Girlfriend

Postby My pseudonym is Ix » 05 Jan 2014, 10:52

Ah 64k- your awesomeness remains unparalleled.
"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not Image it after all."
MattAn
First Video: You're Kidding

Postby MattAn » 06 Jan 2014, 03:16

Kapol wrote:The next one will be 'look how great the '80s, '90s, '00s, and '10s were!' It will be banned by our evil robot overlords.

That's highly unlikely, seeing as this time it was about how it's worse these days. Yearly iterations, franchise exploitations? Yeah, sounds pretty negative.. I don't think there'd be a "how good were the '10s!"

It's also really difficult to think it's 64k when there's no Morgan.. But I'd said on Twitter that, like.. They all branched off and had their own solo careers (like G Star doing a Christmas single (Santa & Me)) and JP taking a break from music and developing an iPhone app (speaking of which, did you guys know Jer made an app!? lolololol) while Ice Tray is on a vision quest. The vision quest is to find some visions, as Graham put it.
Robo4900

Postby Robo4900 » 06 Jan 2014, 12:06

Didn't Ice Tray decide to go off and start a solo career for a little while? (As seen in RapStar 64K) Or am I misremembering?

(Also, shouldn't the new LRR video be up by now? EDIT: Nevermind)
MattAn
First Video: You're Kidding

Postby MattAn » 08 Jan 2014, 03:27

Robo4900 wrote:Didn't Ice Tray decide to go off and start a solo career for a little while? (As seen in RapStar 64K) Or am I misremembering?

(Also, shouldn't the new LRR video be up by now? EDIT: Nevermind)

Several times, I think.. And KillahByte (if I remember correctly) became the new Ice Tray (both are Morgan anyway)
Robo4900

Postby Robo4900 » 08 Jan 2014, 04:04

Yeah...

Obviously something happened between Rapstar and Twenty-Thirteen that caused KB to leave and IT to come back. (If the bonus video from shortly before this video went up is anything to go by)

EDIT: Perhaps Ice got into some kind of accident, and so the other members of 64K revived him as a clone, and KillahByte left out of jealousy... I really need to stop overthinking this kind of thing... XD
Lurkon
First Video: Man Cooking: Meatshroom

Postby Lurkon » 08 Jan 2014, 12:20

Robo4900 wrote:Yeah...

Obviously something happened between Rapstar and Twenty-Thirteen that caused KB to leave and IT to come back. (If the bonus video from shortly before this video went up is anything to go by)

EDIT: Perhaps Ice got into some kind of accident, and so the other members of 64K revived him as a clone, and KillahByte left out of jealousy... I really need to stop overthinking this kind of thing... XD

KillahByte BECAME IceTray.
Do a Pivot Table!

"Cover me in lube and call me an athlete!" ~ Kathleen De Vere
Robo4900

Postby Robo4900 » 08 Jan 2014, 13:38

Yeah, I just re-watched RapStar and noticed that. Eh, it's pretty much semantics.

Also, anyone notice this:
JP wrote:Don't forget about Tray—boy we know where we've been,
Kapol
First Video: Whisky Tango Foxtrot

Postby Kapol » 09 Jan 2014, 20:06

MattAn wrote:That's highly unlikely, seeing as this time it was about how it's worse these days. Yearly iterations, franchise exploitations? Yeah, sounds pretty negative.. I don't think there'd be a "how good were the '10s!"

...That was part of the joke.

Robo4900 wrote:Yeah...

They answered this already.
AdmiralMemo
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Postby AdmiralMemo » 10 Jan 2014, 03:06

Technical question for a LRR crew member: Was there an issue with the red text in the post-production? The "much smart" in the doge part, and the "64" "BE" and "Y2K" on the C64 screen look much more pixellated than any of the other text.
Graham wrote:The point is: Nyeh nyeh nyeh. I'm an old man.
LRRcast wrote:Paul: That does not answer that question at all.
James: Who cares about that question? That's a good answer.

Jimor
First Video: Checkpoint

Postby Jimor » 10 Jan 2014, 06:22

I do know that red is just a really really bad color to use in text in general unless a lot of care is given to buffer the contrast either with a border or some kind of mitigating shadow/background for just that reason. Match that up against a pure blue background and you really get some funky illusions going on. On a CRT I believe the term used was "raster bleed", and while modern HD flatscreens with smaller pixels don't suffer quite as bad, it's still a factor.

Let's try a little experiment here.

It's readable, but I can still detect a softening of the left side of vertical lines on my laptop screen.

And while the Commodore text might have been added in post, my guess is that it's really just a video being played on the screen live, shot perhaps in 24p to avoid the raster sync issue.
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 10 Jan 2014, 12:02

Pure red text goes weird on video. I hates it.
tamaness
First Video: LRReview: Desert Bus

Postby tamaness » 11 Jan 2014, 05:06

Solid red goes all funky when rendering videos. I notice red pixelation around shirts and stuff, too. I don't know if it's an H.264 issue or if it's just a digital video issue.
AdmiralMemo
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Postby AdmiralMemo » 21 May 2014, 10:37

Is it my imagination, or were several of the Commodore shots duplicated? From what I can tell, Graham makes the same exact slight glance to his right both at 2:58 and at 3:31. Jer looks like he blinks the same way at 2:52 and 3:23. (This would make sense, as I assume the C64 is heavy, so you want to minimize the time holding it. I saw the slight lack of sync in the corners of the overlay vs. the actual C64 at 3:06, when Jer was wobbling around a bunch.)
Graham wrote:The point is: Nyeh nyeh nyeh. I'm an old man.
LRRcast wrote:Paul: That does not answer that question at all.
James: Who cares about that question? That's a good answer.

Return to “LRR Video Discussion”