The Gatekeeper

Talk about the latest LRR video or discuss your past favorites.
AlexanderDitto
Better Than the First Alexander
First Video: Desert Bus 1: The Original!

Re: The Gatekeeper

Postby AlexanderDitto » 25 Apr 2014, 04:38

Amake wrote:I probably wouldn't like videogames either if I became the target of a torrent of death threats and photomanipulations depicting my rape when I opened my mouth to talk about videogames. But I wonder how Sarkeesian's taste in entertainment would relate to her observations about the toxicity of videogame culture. Kind of like saying, how can your cancer research give any meaningful results? You don't even LIKE cancer!

Well obviously hating video games would make your criticism biased

whereas loving video games makes your criticisms totally impartial.

But that's OK because NO YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED TO LIKE VIDEO GAMES ANYWAY THEY'RE NOT FOR YOU

THE GATEKEEPER: AWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

(Possibly my favorite thing about this video, after Graham's hedge dive and Alex's ass-slap, is the way The Gatekeeper says "NO!" It's like this petulent little yelp. SO GOOD GRAHAM. SO GOOD.)
deathjavu
First Video: First episode of unskippable

Postby deathjavu » 25 Apr 2014, 06:34

Why in the fucking hell did I read that entire comment section

at this rate I'm going to end up trying Anita's videos again out of sheer spite for the weird hateon that illogical internet manchildren have for her. I mean, I watched the first one and kept saying "yeah, ok...when do you start saying something that isn't 1+1=2?" It was just so boring and insubstantive, nothing I couldn't get from a cursory read of the respective tropes on tvtropes or having a functioning brain and observational skill.

If people keep making these dumbass argumentative reacharounds, typically based on literally anything but the actual argument their opponents are presenting, I might have to murder the internet. "I hate her work because she did blah blah blah" either argue with the work itself or ignore her, every time her name is typed it's making her recognition more valuable from a marketing perspective.

ugh, arguing on the internet. like sisyphus and the boulder, but the idea of the world as a better place is at the top, and your mom is getting fucked at the bottom
BenMarc
First Video: Interrupt this Program

Postby BenMarc » 01 May 2014, 00:17

I'd give an opinion on this video, but I'm worried that the Gatekeeper would chastise me for it.
Captain Technicality, away!!!
*makes whooshing noises with mouth*
deathjavu

Postby deathjavu » 02 May 2014, 13:19

I am still sad on a daily basis that I opened that youtube comment thread. Because I read it once I opened it, and responded once I read it, and now I can't escape it because I KEEP GETTING EMAIL NOTICES ABOUT THE G+ THREAD. AND ALL OF THE DUMB SHIT PEOPLE ARE SAYING IN IT.

Man, I'm SO GLAD we were pressured into combining our youtube and G+ accounts.

SO

GLAD

/sarcasm, commence weeping
phlip
First Video: Eternal Sonata (Unskippable)

Postby phlip » 02 May 2014, 22:53

Go to G+, go to that post, and hit the little arrow in the top right of the post, and pick "Mute this post". You should stop getting notifications about it then.
While no one overhear you quickly tell me not cow cow.
but how about watch phone?

[he/him/his]
deathjavu

Postby deathjavu » 04 May 2014, 09:01

Thank you so much.
plummeting_sloth
First Video: three PS3s

Postby plummeting_sloth » 21 May 2014, 10:13

So, I got invited to an Air Wrestling show and decided (inspired by this wonderful video) to make my Wrestling Persona "The Gatekeeper"... I'm just going to get into the ring and criticize the other wrestlers for competing as they clearly don't know enough about it.
He habitually wears an expression as if he had determined to drive his head through a brick wall, and was about to do it (Description of U.S. Grant)
Elomin Sha wrote:I love the smell of napalm'd sloths in the morning.

Return to “LRR Video Discussion”