The Pair

Talk about the latest LRR video or discuss your past favorites.
Fec
First Video: Comedy Draft

Re: The Pair

Postby Fec » 22 Jul 2014, 16:27

I rarely post comments on any of the LRR videos, though I watch nearly all of them. I felt compelled after watching this one though. Fact is I've watched it 4 times since last night.

Missie is absolutely amazing in this sketch. It's been mentioned here already but this felt like such an unexpected out of character role for her and yet it was some of the most natural acting I've seen in ANY LRR video.

The script writing deserves a nod as well. The lines were delivered perfectly, but oh what lines they were. My favorite bit wasn't even the main emphasis of the sentence it was in. There was just something about hearing Missie say "Was it the part where his nuts go?" that just really gets to me. Nuts just isn't a term that you really hear that much outside of puns, and somehow that term, especially coming from a woman, just has a different feel to it than balls, or junk or any of the other more commonly used terms. It's a great little nuance that has a big effect, in my opinion.

There were lots of other great choices made in this video, like getting the unknown man to play the part, but most of them have already been mentioned here so I don't think I need to go into again.

The only things that really bothered me were that I couldn't help but ask myself "Who walks around barefoot in an apt building's shared laundry room? As well as "Who calls their roommate (I assume) because they stepped on a pair of undies, rather than just say Eww and kick them away?" In the end though, these questions did not stop me from enjoying the comedy that ensued from those fairly unbelievable choices the character made.
Trisha Lynn
First Video: Can't remember

Postby Trisha Lynn » 23 Jul 2014, 04:54

Fec wrote:The only things that really bothered me were that I couldn't help but ask myself "Who walks around barefoot in an apt building's shared laundry room? As well as "Who calls their roommate (I assume) because they stepped on a pair of undies, rather than just say Eww and kick them away?" In the end though, these questions did not stop me from enjoying the comedy that ensued from those fairly unbelievable choices the character made.

I admit that Laura walking around barefoot in the shared laundry room did seem like an odd choice for her due to her subsequent squeamishness and the phone call to her friend/roommate. (Oh man, wouldn't it have been weird/great if they weren't roommates, but dating and not living together and she called Amy over just like you would call your significant other if there was a mouse or other vermin you're afraid of in your home and you didn't want to deal with it yourself?) But yeah, that's not stopping me from getting onto the fun train either.

Trisha Lynn
...this time...
Publisher/Editor, GeekingOutAbout.com
http://www.geekingoutabout.com
On Twitter: @trishalynn
On Twitch and the LRRCraft server: cattleprodlynn
Amake
First Video: Le Cafe

Shipping department

Postby Amake » 23 Jul 2014, 05:45

Amy and Laura, a loving couple?Image
I can totally see it.
"I know I tend to sound like I think what I say is written in stone, but please ignore that. I assure you I'm well aware that I have no idea what I'm talking about." -Amake, 2015
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 23 Jul 2014, 11:59

It's official, Amy and Laura: OTP.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
Flewellyn

Postby Flewellyn » 23 Jul 2014, 16:37

What was the term Missie's character used for the underwear? "Stepped on some..." something starting with a g?
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 24 Jul 2014, 01:25

"gaunch"… or "gonch"?

It's a term. Not common.
empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby empath » 24 Jul 2014, 02:48

Yeah, it's a little obscure, and the only times I'd heard it, it was used to refer to someone's crotch...maybe they were misusing it? :)

Still, the word choice seems to REALLY work here! :D
Flewellyn

Postby Flewellyn » 24 Jul 2014, 05:38

I googled "gonch", and Urban Dictionary, that fount of objective scholarship, says it indeed means underwear, especially dirty underwear. Weird.
Bergie
First Video: Man Cooking: Meatshroom

Postby Bergie » 24 Jul 2014, 06:33

Gotch is what I grew up using, but I too was thrown by Gonch.
Beej
First Video: Skeletor's Dick

Postby Beej » 28 Jul 2014, 15:48

In my house, it was "ginch".

I have no idea why.

I hate the term and never use it.

Return to “LRR Video Discussion”