Customer Servicing

Talk about the latest LRR video or discuss your past favorites.
RoomKeyNinja

Postby RoomKeyNinja » 07 Apr 2008, 12:20

Wasn't Fuzzbutt the name of Paul's hamster?

Yar! Podcast, providing a scary amount of information
Is eternally grateful to Misty for this .gif
Also plotting how to destroy Bill, as all Ninjas should
cro5point

Postby cro5point » 07 Apr 2008, 12:23

As I work in the mobile area of Australian’s largest telecommunications company in the incoming call center I can vouch that all we do all day is play drinking games and laugh our asses off while we endlessly transfer customers around the center. I really wish that I could get away with the afore mentioned for even just one day. I would really like to fuck with people's heads more but most of the people that ring in are already broken. I fully agree that the stupid automated voice routers are fucked and piss more people off than they help. As for the video it was great I’m guessing one of the Lrr crew work in a call center or something very close to one, I petty your soul for my soul is tore to shreds upon the daggers of a million angry customers.
Kate!

Postby Kate! » 07 Apr 2008, 12:28

Android wrote:Also the voice/Graham dating thing didn't really become awkard in my mind until I realized that the voice is done by Graham's sister.

I do, infact, have a name.

And, they needed a female voice and I live close.
Try not to think about it like that.
emma
CAPS LOCK!

Postby emma » 07 Apr 2008, 12:28

I am not sure if anyone has said this in any other thread, but I would like to bring up the ads - I like your ads. You guys do funny ads. But I really, really think they would be better at the end of the videos. For regular viewers, it is fine - we know there is something else coming, and we don't mind sitting through it. But for new viewers, it is confusing and sometimes annoying to see something like that at the beginning. I often show LRR videos to my friends, and every time I have shown them one of the last few videos (I have shown maybe four or five people one of those), they have thought the ads weird, and thought it taking away from the video.

I don't frequent a lot of video websites, so I don't know - is it common to place ads before the video? I suppose it means people are more likely to watch them, but I feel like it sort of takes away, I guess?

Just my two cents. I don't know how anyone else feels, really.
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 07 Apr 2008, 12:57

The problem with post-roll ads is people are done the video, and they might shut it off.
Also, (just due to the nature of our videos) it might look like a continuation of the video, whereas being in front there's the LRR logo to separate it.

Also, they're short so I hope they don't get too irritating. I would hope people would be able to put up with 12 seconds without it "taking away from the video."

I don't know, that's my take.
blackdragontaz
The Goddamn Batman

Postby blackdragontaz » 07 Apr 2008, 13:07

emma wrote:I am not sure if anyone has said this in any other thread, but I would like to bring up the ads - I like your ads. You guys do funny ads. But I really, really think they would be better at the end of the videos. For regular viewers, it is fine - we know there is something else coming, and we don't mind sitting through it. But for new viewers, it is confusing and sometimes annoying to see something like that at the beginning. I often show LRR videos to my friends, and every time I have shown them one of the last few videos (I have shown maybe four or five people one of those), they have thought the ads weird, and thought it taking away from the video.

I don't frequent a lot of video websites, so I don't know - is it common to place ads before the video? I suppose it means people are more likely to watch them, but I feel like it sort of takes away, I guess?

Just my two cents. I don't know how anyone else feels, really.

Not that Graham would force the ads upon us in a mean fasion, but he's right. Put them at the end an no one would watch them (that's not loyal to LRR).

And a lot of sites do that. Almost every single "news" site (MSN, Yahoo, stuff like that) and a lot of game sites (GameSpot, Game Trailers,etc.) forces you to watch the 30 second clips before the movie you came to see even starts loading. This is the best you'll probably see with the exception of no ads at all.

I find them rather entertaining, personally. It's like a one-liner; short and sweet, possibly remembered, but not show stopping or distracting from the rest of the movie. Two thumbs up. b=(^_^)=d
Corax
Hangleyman

Postby Corax » 07 Apr 2008, 13:39

durr i think ill call that number... just kidding, good video and i think that is how customer service works for most places lol.

Also anyone know what babelgum.com is? its liek the only revver ad now and i dont want to click it just cause its being advertised
Evil Jim
First Video: Shake Your Hands

Postby Evil Jim » 07 Apr 2008, 13:47

I don't mind the ads as long as they're LRR made & approved. Last summer I had an hour or so to show videos to my anime club & unfortunately that was the day Revver decided to include those annoying Old Spice ads at the beginning of every video. Aaaakward, but still created some LRR fans.

Anyway, onto the video: I didn't realize it was Kate's voice as the machine until I saw the first forum comment about it. I thought it was Ash, which caused a moment of confusion when I saw her with the headset at the call center. The ending threw me a bit too like some of the other commenters, but I like that kind of humor so it got a bigger laugh.

I see Graham gets sole writing, shooting & editing credit. Nice work, Big Man.
Arius wrote:People were just so awestruck by your awesomeness that they became catatonic.
ThrashJazzAssassin wrote:BURN HIM! BURN THE HERETIC! DEATH TO ALL WHO SCORN THE AWESOMENESS OF EVIL JIM!
wilson_x1999
First Video: Quantum Documentary

Postby wilson_x1999 » 07 Apr 2008, 13:54

CyberTractor wrote:Ben dances like a white boy.

I wonder why O_o
LS

Postby LS » 07 Apr 2008, 13:58

Bravo peoples, on another excellent video.

Just to toss in my once cent (inflation and market saturation caused my opinions to decline in value) I think the ads at the start are great. If they were at the end, I might even skip them--if just so I could avoid having those horrendously noisy Revver ads pop up at the end. =P
Fancy Morgan: the Matt lover.
Lyinginbedmon
First Video: BioShocked

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 07 Apr 2008, 14:25

I'll say it's probably not one of my favourite sketches so far, but definitely one I can relate to the plotline of. Very often it seems that helplines are actually in the midst of bets with one another...

Also, the placement of "Advertisement" at the end makes the address look even worse :shock: Good thing it's Belgium and not the Netherlands...oh heck that would be worse than just being Dutch
Morgan wrote:Lyinginbedmon is short, but he makes up for it in awesomeness
empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby empath » 07 Apr 2008, 14:43

As another five-year veteran 'Customer Service Representative', I will be honest and state that it was not this bad...as far as the casual eye could see.

You'd get one or two out of maybe twenty people would be in the mood of "I have to be on this phone eight hours? Well, you gotta be on this phone for eight hours, too!", and maybe another eight or nine would just really not want to do any WORK themselves, and would come up with any excuse to transfer (I got to be pretty friendly with the folks in Quality Assurance in my second Call Centre gig - you know, the one with Robbers - and they had plenty instances of catching on to people doing this)

As for the other half (ish) of the CSRs, they would genuinely want to help, but maybe a third of them were either under-trained in their jobs or simply too DAMN stupid to be of any use. :?

So your odds of getting things done over the phone were not really that good...

Back to the video, I was pleasantly surprised by the twists at the ending, but not quite `thrown`.

As for the ads, I have not had any problems with them - it took me a couple of takes to `get`this one with Matt - and sticking it in front seems like the best option, really - even regulars might chop them off in the fear of getting nailed by whatever Revver has decided to tack on. :(
Flewellyn

Postby Flewellyn » 07 Apr 2008, 14:47

Kate! wrote:I do, infact, have a name.

NEGATIVE!

You are no longer "Kate Stark". You are now "Female Human Unit #3141592".

THE SYSTEM HAS SPOKEN!
ZephCrow

Postby ZephCrow » 07 Apr 2008, 14:47

I really enjoyed this video. The acting is very casual and the whole thing runs together very smoothly. Great job!

What was the office/room that this was filmed in? Is it just something like a computer lab? *curious*

Also, I enjoy the ads. I don't see how they detract from the video itself and they are obviously separated, so it shouldn't be confusing. I should think that even people that only enjoy LRR videos would enjoy basically what is a fifteen second short. But then again, I'm a fan.
Dutch guy
First Video: History of Halo

Postby Dutch guy » 07 Apr 2008, 14:48

I like the overall plot of this one a lot.

Today I spent 1 hour of my life on the phone going in circles. It started with a Press 1 for Customer service, type of menu, and after making it through that one after 10 minutes I spend the remainder being "transfered" to other departments. The funny thing is, after 50 min. I ended up at the same person I spoke to in the beginning. She then decided to step away from her desk and she then managed to get things sorted in 5 minutes. Makes you wonder why the hell they don't just do it straight away :?
THE DUTCH!! THE DUTCH AGAIN!!!!!
Elomin Sha wrote:Dutch guy is the King of the Dutch.
Pattmyn

Postby Pattmyn » 07 Apr 2008, 14:55

Haha wow, great video guys. Given one of my jobs is helpdesk work, this one was a real riot for me. The only difference for us though, is instead of a chugging contest we put people on to play Wii/360. Otherwise it's the same damn thing.

Great vid guys (and gals)!
AeroCmdr
Requires Additional Pylons

Postby AeroCmdr » 07 Apr 2008, 15:18

Great video!
Lacerta
Affable Marmot
First Video: How to Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Lacerta » 07 Apr 2008, 15:40

The ads are cool, keep them in front.

Whose office did you hijack to film in?
semper fidelis tyrannosaurus
CyberTractor
Member of Alpha Flight

Postby CyberTractor » 07 Apr 2008, 15:43

The shirt ad was a cool idea, but it was really hard to make out what he was wearing exactly. More lighting would have been more effective.
I can't think of a signature.
Melendwyr
Grand Wiki Theodore

Postby Melendwyr » 07 Apr 2008, 15:44

I liked the ad.

However, it would have been better to have the LRR-symbol design on top, and the Thromborax design on bottom, because the symbol is harder to see. I didn't realize Matt was wearing a shirt as pants until I got to the end of the ad - the image of the Thromborax would have been easier to see down there, especially since the lighting was relatively bad.
"...so he turns to me, and he says 'Why so serious?' He puts the blade in my mouth, and says 'Why so serious?
Let's put a smile on that face!
'"
AlexanderDitto
Better Than the First Alexander
First Video: Desert Bus 1: The Original!

Postby AlexanderDitto » 07 Apr 2008, 16:11

As long as the ads are as funny as these have been, keep them at the front. They're great.

Also: this week's video was fantastic. I lol'd several times. Kate (I almost typed Graham's sister. Sorry Kate, darling! I did know it was you, though, as I quickly ruled out Ash, Kathleen, and new-girl-Laura, and thought, "who's left? Kate!" And there you were, in the credits) was very good as the angst-ridden automated system, and I laughed really hard at the "Sixteen Candles" box at the end, almost harder than I did at the picture of the machine, though I thought both were nice touches.

What really did it for me was how smooth the CRs were. Their lines were fluid and believable! I loved the whole thing. The screwed up LRR opening on Graham's phone was a nice touch too.

ALLOW ME TO GUSH SOME MORE ABOUT HOW MUCH I LIKED THIS VIDEO. *Spews glitter and rainbows from every orifice*
Flewellyn

Postby Flewellyn » 07 Apr 2008, 16:14

AlexanderDitto wrote:ALLOW ME TO GUSH SOME MORE ABOUT HOW MUCH I LIKED THIS VIDEO. *Spews glitter and rainbows from every orifice*

Dude, I am NOT cleaning that up. You're on your own.
Lyinginbedmon
First Video: BioShocked

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 07 Apr 2008, 16:23

I don't want those! I know exactly where those have been!
Morgan wrote:Lyinginbedmon is short, but he makes up for it in awesomeness
Matt
LRR Crew

Postby Matt » 07 Apr 2008, 16:29

Evil Jim wrote:I don't mind the ads as long as they're LRR made & approved. Last summer I had an hour or so to show videos to my anime club & unfortunately that was the day Revver decided to include those annoying Old Spice ads at the beginning of every video. Aaaakward, but still created some LRR fans.

Anyway, onto the video: I didn't realize it was Kate's voice as the machine until I saw the first forum comment about it. I thought it was Ash, which caused a moment of confusion when I saw her with the headset at the call center. The ending threw me a bit too like some of the other commenters, but I like that kind of humor so it got a bigger laugh.

I see Graham gets sole writing, shooting & editing credit. Nice work, Big Man.

wha? BULLLLLLSHIT. I was on camera for his bits.

-m

I am not angry at you.
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 07 Apr 2008, 16:31

Do you have any proof of that? Maybe he pulled a "The Process" on you, and brainwashed you into thinking otherwise.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.

Return to “LRR Video Discussion”