The Return of the Bill

Talk about the latest LRR video or discuss your past favorites.
Lavos
Lavos
First Video: 1337

Postby Lavos » 17 Jul 2008, 17:51

Matt wrote:
theDreamer wrote:Ok, so while "Believe it!" has been mentioned, am I the only one who feels that it was missing from Matt's near perfect portrayal of Naruto? If he had just said it ONCE, the movie would have been perfect. Now it has a 99.9999%. I hope you're happy Matt.

And since that was my only problem with this video, I now give copious amounts of props to you all.

if I'd ever been able to make it through an entire episode of the dub of naruto, I might have known to say that. however, I have not, and did not.

-m
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO TRUTHHHHHHHHHHHH
i dont know what's happening anymore
sevey

Postby sevey » 17 Jul 2008, 20:20

Alja-Markir wrote:Bulimic?

~Alja~

HighFive for reppin flight of the conchords
WaffleIronMan wrote:They all look the same in the dark...unless they're fat
Dr Frankenjam

Postby Dr Frankenjam » 17 Jul 2008, 22:32

What episode is that?
Matt
LRR Crew

Postby Matt » 18 Jul 2008, 16:30

Cybren wrote:
Matt wrote:
theDreamer wrote:Ok, so while "Believe it!" has been mentioned, am I the only one who feels that it was missing from Matt's near perfect portrayal of Naruto? If he had just said it ONCE, the movie would have been perfect. Now it has a 99.9999%. I hope you're happy Matt.

And since that was my only problem with this video, I now give copious amounts of props to you all.

if I'd ever been able to make it through an entire episode of the dub of naruto, I might have known to say that. however, I have not, and did not.

-m

Wait, are you trying to play both the "i'm too cool to have actually watched the show" and the "dubs sux lawls" cards at the same time? I mean, the original japanese is not often much better- it's just that most of us can't tell because we don't speak Japanese.

No, I was just pulling the dub's suck line. I have watched the series extensively in Japanese. And while I agree to the extent that none of the voice-acting in the Japanese version is award-worthy. it's head and shoulders above the kind of drek we get on this side of the pacific. Voice acting is a respected career move in japan. Here, it's what you do if you can't get a job acting for real. The talent assocated with each corresponds.

Essentially, Naruto is supposed to be obnoxious, but obnoxious in a way that endears him to you (as he is in the original japanese), not makes you want to find the VA and punch him til he stops.

-m

I am not angry at you.
Sieg Reyu
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby Sieg Reyu » 18 Jul 2008, 22:47

Are we ever going to find out what Bill was doing between ninja killings? Considering the ninja population as of the July 2007 ninja census, and considering Bills talent in salying ninjas, the numbers just don't match. He had to be doing something else.
Image Image Image
tak197
Feito Com Fruta
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby tak197 » 18 Jul 2008, 23:20

DmitriW wrote:I've watched this several times, and Nathan keeps making me think of Jason Lee's Azrael in Dogma. Anybody else see it, or am I just completely out of my mind?

Sure it's only Paint, but the resemblance is uncanny...

Wow.
Lavos
Lavos

Postby Lavos » 19 Jul 2008, 01:07

Haha, nice.

narutard!!!

Postby avatarkayla » 19 Jul 2008, 14:12

no no no no!
naruto does not use genjutsu!!!!! he was never able to master that because it took great mental strength!!!!
naruto used mostly ninjutsu such as the shadow clones or Kage Bunshin no Jutsu!!!!
their are 3 types of justu!

1) Taijutsu
2) ninjustu
3) genjustu

if you realy wanted to make fun of naruto then he should have also been saying believe it!

and i also demand a Sexy no Justu!!!

some one already pointed out the hokage thing...
so..

BELIEVE IT!!!!
Lyinginbedmon
First Video: BioShocked

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 19 Jul 2008, 14:14

This first post does not bear good omen.
Matt
LRR Crew

Re: narutard!!!

Postby Matt » 19 Jul 2008, 17:37

avatarkayla wrote:I'm a giant Narutard!

-m

I am not angry at you.
Lavos
Lavos

Re: narutard!!!

Postby Lavos » 19 Jul 2008, 20:49

naruto does not use genjutsu!!!!! he was never able to master that because it took great mental strength!!!!
naruto used mostly ninjutsu such as the shadow clones or Kage Bunshin no Jutsu!!!!
their are 3 types of justu!

1) Taijutsu
2) ninjustu
3) genjustu

if you realy wanted to make fun of naruto then he should have also been saying believe it!

and i also demand a Sexy no Justu!!!

some one already pointed out the hokage thing...
so..

BELIEVE IT!!!!
Wow....
die plx
achesst

Postby achesst » 19 Jul 2008, 23:29

Ok, need to post before the next update....
Bill, thank you. I will sleep better at night knowing that my ex-roommate, a business major, will not be slaughtered by ninjas from a competing firm.

In all seriousness, I thought it was a marvelous video. Paul did a wonderful job as ninjas, lots of ninjas, even when getting kicked in the groin. Matt was an hilariously bad Naruto fan-boy, and his "hand signs" were simply terrible, and by that I mean very funny.

Other than that, I just thought it was very funny all around. I'm glad Bill's back, and I hope we get to see him eat disgusting things again soon, it's simply been too long.
-=Nate the Great=-
Or should I say, Nate the So So.
First Video: Moshpit Etiquette

Postby -=Nate the Great=- » 04 Aug 2008, 23:37

DmitriW wrote:I've watched this several times, and Nathan keeps making me think of Jason Lee's Azrael in Dogma. Anybody else see it, or am I just completely out of my mind?

You just became my favourite person.

Just rewatched this one, and goddamn does Bill make me look short. When I'm not standing next to the Big Red Machine, I'm 6'2".
Android

Postby Android » 05 Aug 2008, 05:00

-=Nate the Great=- wrote:Just rewatched this one, and goddamn does Bill make me look short. When I'm not standing next to the Big Red Machine, I'm 6'2".

Really? I think you just made me not want to show up in a video ever, simply because I'd look like Frodo compared to that giant.
Lyinginbedmon
First Video: BioShocked

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 05 Aug 2008, 05:06

Android wrote:Really? I think you just made me not want to show up in a video ever, simply because I'd look like Frodo compared to that giant.

I'm 5'1".

Next to Bill I'd look like Gollum, at best.
Morgan wrote:Lyinginbedmon is short, but he makes up for it in awesomeness
CaesarMagnus

Postby CaesarMagnus » 05 Aug 2008, 05:37

-=Nate the Great=- wrote:Just rewatched this one, and goddamn does Bill make me look short. When I'm not standing next to the Big Red Machine, I'm 6'2".

:shock: Wow! I knew Bill was tall, but I didn't realize you were 6'2" when you were standing next to him. Being 6'3" myself, I now have a better appreciation for Bill's height!

I can see now how he can kill ninjas with such little training. He's got a killer reach. :!:
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 05 Aug 2008, 09:41

Bill is 6'10"
Android

Postby Android » 05 Aug 2008, 21:07

I imagine that he's kinda like an Ent, only slightly less tree like.

Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 05 Aug 2008, 21:18

I wouldn't be so sure, according to Morgan, Bill is about as lazy and sedentary as a tree. Of course, Morgan has also claimed not to be the laziest member of the LRR crew, so...
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.

Return to “LRR Video Discussion”