War of Christmas

Talk about the latest LRR video or discuss your past favorites.
Kate!

Postby Kate! » 22 Dec 2008, 15:44

DmitriW wrote:Is that one Nate Mosher in the scenes with Kathleen?

No.

Frozengale wrote:I actually thought Kate was Kathleen for a second there also.

Wrong.

Master Gunner wrote:I was wondering which it was, since she didn't look like Kathleen to me, but Kathleen was credited (and people only in the ads usually aren't), and Kate wasn't. So I was waiting for somebody else to bring it up.

Wrong.

JesterJ. wrote:...but they really really do look alike in this video.

No.

Matt wrote:The frequency with which people - even dedicated fans - make that mistake is bordeline absurd. I mean, it's also kind of hilarious, but seriously - they don't look THAT alike - you should be able to tell them apart.

Correct.
Bob The Magic Camel

Postby Bob The Magic Camel » 22 Dec 2008, 15:53

Fugiman wrote:
Jillers wrote:Re: Jer and Tally being attacked by the inflatable Santas: was I the only one that thought of Doctor Who (The Runaway Bride)?

I personally thought of "Don't blink" (Or whatever the episode about weeping angels was called). Whenever they looked at one santa, the other crept up behind them :P

Simply "Blink", and yeah I thought that too.

Lord Chrusher wrote:It did feel Doctor Whoish. I almost think that you should have turned it into a Doctor Who parody.

On that topic when is the Doctor Who Christmas special?

Around 3pm on the 25th for us Brits, so it'll be on the iPlayer around 4. Don't know about foreign networks.

In other news: That is an epic duvet/pillow case.
This signature has been intentionally left blank.

No marks will be awarded for solutions written on this signature.
theashigaru
First Video: The Con

Postby theashigaru » 22 Dec 2008, 16:08

Easily comparable to "It's a Wonderful Game" as far as Christmas specials go. Are yall going to put up another video on Christmas day too?

When Matt is initially being assaulted by the wrapping paper is the best part. That was some fine acting Matt. Looked real and, consequently, VERY hilarious.

Also, I loved the SamRaimi on the bows attacking Morgan.

LRR was at the top of it's game here. Excellent work with acting, shooting, and writing!

BTW, I'm not sure how Kate looked like Kathleen here... Yeah, I don't see where the mix-up is.
Is it safe?
Matt
LRR Crew

Postby Matt » 22 Dec 2008, 16:16

The first time Graham read me the script I commented to him that it sounded maybe a bit too much like a Dr. Who christmas special, but that it was hilarious and unique enough to stand alone. I contend that I was right in both assertions.

-m

I am not angry at you.
_ArK_

Postby _ArK_ » 22 Dec 2008, 16:34

Matt wrote:The first time Graham read me the script I commented to him that it sounded maybe a bit too much like a Dr. Who christmas special, but that it was hilarious and unique enough to stand alone. I contend that I was right in both assertions.

-m

Well

Doctor who = Awesome
and
Loading Ready Run = Hilarious
therefore
Doctor Who + Loading Ready Run = Hilariously Awesome
WaffleIronMan
First Video: Underpantaloons

Postby WaffleIronMan » 22 Dec 2008, 16:35

I am now unable to move from my computer as it is the only decoration free zone in my house. :shock:
Splunge

Postby Splunge » 22 Dec 2008, 16:45

Fugiman wrote:
Jillers wrote:Re: Jer and Tally being attacked by the inflatable Santas: was I the only one that thought of Doctor Who (The Runaway Bride)?

I personally thought of "Don't blink" (Or whatever the episode about weeping angels was called). Whenever they looked at one santa, the other crept up behind them :P

I also had Doctor Who come to mind, but only the first time Paul came on screen as the general. It didn't last long, but my first glance had him looking a bit like David Tennant.
Fun is the feedback the brain gives while successfully absorbing a pattern - Raph Koster
I'm think I might be indirectly responsible for Bagel Time!
Jermo

Postby Jermo » 22 Dec 2008, 16:49

Most AMAZING Christmas video EVER. I really loved the pop-up Santa's.

Merry Christmas to all who read this forum.
"Less talk more Phat loots"
Splunge

Postby Splunge » 22 Dec 2008, 16:50

Sasha wrote:Awesome! I love all the "special effects!"

How did you get the garland to wrap around her legs and neck like that?

They probably wrapped the tinsel around her leg and neck as they wanted it to end up, filmed while pulling the tinsel away, and then reversed the video. A simple trick, but effective and definitely worked well in this video.
Fun is the feedback the brain gives while successfully absorbing a pattern - Raph Koster
I'm think I might be indirectly responsible for Bagel Time!
UDP

Postby UDP » 22 Dec 2008, 16:53

That was fantabulous!
krzwis

Postby krzwis » 22 Dec 2008, 17:01

beautifully done, everything about it.

Also, paul's lack of beard-age actually makes him fit the role of a traditional military guy

nice re-use of morgans costume from that emergency video
James
LRR Crew

Postby James » 22 Dec 2008, 17:01

Yah this is now my all time fav of our Christmas Specials

Also in answer to the couple of you who cared enough to ask :P
No it didn't really hurt, there was one that got me square on the top of my head that kinda stung but other than that nadda.
Evil Jim
First Video: Shake Your Hands

Postby Evil Jim » 22 Dec 2008, 17:08

Woah. Three pages already & the update feed still hasn't popped up on my LJ. Unfortunately I haven't seen it yet as I'm waiting to see if a friend wants to join me tointe for some LRR C-word cheer, including this episode. It should be over half an hour of entertainment.
    2003 Holiday Special
    2004 Holiday Special
    Christmas Carolling on Halloween (2005)
    The C Word (2005)
    Jangles and Jones Save Christmas (2005)
    Ways to get rid of your Christmas Tree (2006)
    It's a Wonderful Game (2006)
    The 2007 Christmas Special
    War of Christmas (new!)

Did I miss any?
Arius wrote:People were just so awestruck by your awesomeness that they became catatonic.
ThrashJazzAssassin wrote:BURN HIM! BURN THE HERETIC! DEATH TO ALL WHO SCORN THE AWESOMENESS OF EVIL JIM!
spartanhelmet

Postby spartanhelmet » 22 Dec 2008, 17:12

Wow... FULL LENGTH MOVIE NAOW!!

Ditto James, best Xmas vid evar.

Too many awesome moments, one awesome podcast presumably coming to disect them. Such as the fishingline tinsel. WIN :D

Kate wrote:
DmitriW wrote:OHAI KATHLEEN!
Fail

Lolcakes
Last edited by spartanhelmet on 22 Dec 2008, 17:17, edited 2 times in total.
"LRR för 4 av 5 toasts"
Jillers
First Video: How to Talk LIke a Pirate

Postby Jillers » 22 Dec 2008, 17:12

Lord Chrusher wrote:On that topic when is the Doctor Who Christmas special?

If you're like me, you'll be watching it on youtube on Christmas day (or the day after). If you prefer to wait, who knows?!
Also, yeah, definitely a bit Blink-ish.

Matt wrote:The first time Graham read me the script I commented to him that it sounded maybe a bit too much like a Dr. Who christmas special, but that it was hilarious and unique enough to stand alone. I contend that I was right in both assertions.

-m

Oh, I agree Matt. If someone hadn't seen the Doctor Who episodes we were referring to absolutely nothing would be lost. It's a completely logical progression of Christmas Ornamentation Antagonism.

Also, the garland attack was just awesome.
Last edited by Jillers on 22 Dec 2008, 17:18, edited 1 time in total.
Team Cybershark

[subliminal] visit Geeking Out About [/subliminal]

~End Transmission~
Zeophlite

Postby Zeophlite » 22 Dec 2008, 17:14

hehe,

Did anyone else think that Graham looked kinds fat with the scientist outfit on?

Good video,
bith

Postby bith » 22 Dec 2008, 17:21

Awesome video even without the beard; I think it might be my favorite x-mas special. Oh and great job with the music.
Jillers
First Video: How to Talk LIke a Pirate

Postby Jillers » 22 Dec 2008, 18:04

Zeophlite wrote:hehe,

Did anyone else think that Graham looked kinds fat with the scientist outfit on?

Good video,

No? Well, I didn't.
Team Cybershark

[subliminal] visit Geeking Out About [/subliminal]

~End Transmission~
2stepz
First Video: .

Postby 2stepz » 22 Dec 2008, 18:14

Matt wrote:
Smeghead wrote:Heh, it took me a while befor a recornized Paul in his second role. Without the beard, and with no visual hair I didn't realize it was him.

Anyway, now I need to go and get the axe and sit in a corner, prepared for when christmas strikes... may Uwe Boll have mercy on us all.... and good luck

also, in keeping up with the previous season video's and remain neutral to the season: Happy Holidays

Rosco P Jangles III quack in peace.

Of all the souls I encontered in my travles, his was the most... ducky

I've never actually seen Startreck so do hate me for getting that wrong

Isn't it some sort of internet crime having not seen Star Trek II?

-m

I would think the crime would be more for not spelling Trek correctly.

Awesome Vid guys. Definitely Who-ish. Just missing some Bill and Andy... (Pictures andy behind the scenes running remotes of the inflatables and laughing like an evil genius.)
masamune
First Video: -

Postby masamune » 22 Dec 2008, 18:37

goddamn that would have been hilarious to see filmed.
i lol'd.
Timelady
First Video: Deeply Religious

Postby Timelady » 22 Dec 2008, 18:58

Awesome special effects! There really should be a movie like this somewhere. Something funny like this, though, not just Saw: yuletide edition or something.

The tshirt ad cat is sooo adorable. Give him pats for us. :)

Jillers wrote:
Lord Chrusher wrote:On that topic when is the Doctor Who Christmas special?

If you're like me, you'll be watching it on youtube on Christmas day (or the day after). If you prefer to wait, who knows?!
Also, yeah, definitely a bit Blink-ish.

I just checked to see if there was any news for the scifi channel. Nothing there (but did you know BSG was doing webisodes? I did not know they were doing webisodes). If anything does come up, though, this site will probably know.
AmazingPjotrMan wrote:Bacon is not a chronological entity.
AlexanderDitto
Better Than the First Alexander
First Video: Desert Bus 1: The Original!

Postby AlexanderDitto » 22 Dec 2008, 18:58

This was amazing. I was laughing the whole time. Bravo!

And no one has mentioned it, so I suppose I will: Morgan getting hit with the little Present Bows? Fantastic.

It's funny. Graham is pretty much the only one with facial hair intact, so the job of random scientist now falls squarely on his shoulders, whereas the job of military commander shifts to Paul, his clean, square jawline commanding respect from those around him.

The music was very well done. Made the whole thing super intense.

And yes, I expected the Doctor to pop in at any point.
Oxford
First Video: The Whatever Thing

Postby Oxford » 22 Dec 2008, 19:36

Well done, solidly performed, scene transition was good, music cut off abruptly in some scenes, but all in all, really good. No-Beard-Paul is pretty cool too. He should keep the clean-shaven look for a bit. I definitely agree with Alexander. Square-jawed Paul is SEXY!

I liked the backwards cuts of the garland attacking Kate's leg. Really well done. If I didn't make films myself, I probably would have missed that.

Great song choice, music was very haunting toward the end. That's gotta be my favourite Christmas Song.

Yes, CHRISTMAS.

Two thumbs up!
9 out of 10 Americans believe that out of 10 people 1 American will always disagree with the other 9.
Elaro
First Video: Three PS3s

Postby Elaro » 22 Dec 2008, 19:43

Guys guys guys guys...

If they want to parlay with the Christmas Spirit, what ought they do? "We must summon the reindeer!"

While it is pretty funny, I felt it was missing something. A punchline, maybe? Or something other than the Christmas Spirit rolling over the citizens of Lurrville like Flood over the Covenant?

I think it could've also referenced the Holiday Inclusiveness Agents. After all, they are thematically related, due to their "Don't say 'Christmas' Campaign", which is exactly why the Christmas Spirit is on the warpath. So you could say that they caused the War of Christmas. Which is why their absence is conspicuous and jarring.
Lyinginbedmon
First Video: BioShocked

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 22 Dec 2008, 19:54

Oh you'd better watch out, you'd better not cry
You'd better not shout, I'm telling you why

Santa Claus is coming to town.

This was absolutely fantastic, if I wasn't on camera right now (live vidcast) I'd have been laughing the entire time.
Morgan wrote:Lyinginbedmon is short, but he makes up for it in awesomeness

Return to “LRR Video Discussion”