Jonny Four

Talk about the latest LRR video or discuss your past favorites.
Matt
LRR Crew

Jonny Four

Postby Matt » 23 Jul 2012, 08:32

In his penultimate video, J-man takes a step backwards.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/loadingreadyrun/6072-Jonny-Four

-m

I am not angry at you.
DuelLadyS
First Video: Unskippable

Re: Jonny Four

Postby DuelLadyS » 23 Jul 2012, 08:41

*stagger* Dude, there's one more? That's awesome, 'cuz it'll be like that movie about that Wall-E guy's dad, Short Cricket or whatever, and he was all "Jonny Five, aLiVE!"- which is funny cuz DZ's probably dead, so it's like, not alive, 'xept in our hearts, cuz the J-Fresh never forgets his bros even if they was messing wit' his girl.

Sorry, I'm not sure suds go with muffins... and by suds, I mean that fizzy drink the laundromat does, and by muffins I mean the ones my mom makes for breakfast, cuz they keep so you can just grab one and go.
Geoff_B
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Postby Geoff_B » 23 Jul 2012, 08:44

I have to ask, is Jonny Five when he finally reveals that he's been a wise cracking military robot all along? :D
Twitter|Google+|Tumblr|Facebook|Steam|Skype: gmbridges

I survived spaMEGAdon and all I got was this lousy signature joke.

#TeamMonica, #TeamMaki, #TeamTavis
Yaxley
First Video: Lock Out

Postby Yaxley » 23 Jul 2012, 09:00

Despite the kind of dark turn the story line made, I think this was the funniest one yet. And it had been long enough since the last one that this one was a pleasant surprise.
nicholasmc1
First Video: The Job

Postby nicholasmc1 » 23 Jul 2012, 09:14

The glasses switch was beautiful.
KyrieEleison
First Video: Desert Bus 5

Postby KyrieEleison » 23 Jul 2012, 09:35

Last night, I was just wondering when there'd be another Jonny video. This one was great. I love the explanations in these videos, like how a tantrum is a cup, or "the bar" is an amusement park. Nothing in Jonnyland is what you'd expect it to be, and they're always good for a laugh.

Also, was the "my girl Jenny" in the last line intentional? Because previously she's always been referred to as "my boy Jenny." Does this mean Jonny still has feelings for her? Will this have any effect on the next Jonny video?
It's not epic unless it's dactylic hexameter.

landofanalie.wordpress.com
UNHchabo
First Video: Back It Up

Postby UNHchabo » 23 Jul 2012, 09:50

KyrieEleison wrote:Also, was the "my girl Jenny" in the last line intentional? Because previously she's always been referred to as "my boy Jenny." Does this mean Jonny still has feelings for her? Will this have any effect on the next Jonny video?

Yeah, I caught this too. He said previously that "she used to be my girl Jenny". I think it was the shock of seeing her in bed with Deezy.

I really felt bad for him at the end; I can remember the feeling when I was younger of seeing a girl I liked with another guy.
Looking for an older video? Try this wiki page. (Current through the end of 2008)
WAYF
First Video: Unskippable: The Getaway

Postby WAYF » 23 Jul 2012, 10:18

I just realized after reading the Escapist forum comments, this is probably the darkest LRR video since Has This Ever Happened to You?, or at the very least since Cursing. Dang.

I like to think that Jonny regularly turns his own stupidity around into a form of cleverness. Not sure why, but whenever I watch a Jonny video, that's the little nagging thought in the back of my mind. Possibly to do with his explanations of things being not quite what you'd expect.
"My favourite song is 'Girl Panic!'... because girls make me panic... in a good way!"
- Simon Le Bon.
DarkAbyssKeeper
First Video: Echo

Postby DarkAbyssKeeper » 23 Jul 2012, 10:21

So, is Jonny 5 going to be the J-man on trial for double homicide? Because that could be hilarious.
Dominic Appleguard

Postby Dominic Appleguard » 23 Jul 2012, 10:35

I like how he gets surprisingly lucid about why Street Fighter wasn't a very good movie. Especially keeping in mind that he usually mixes up actors and movie titles.
Syncdata
First Video: Slow news day.

Postby Syncdata » 23 Jul 2012, 12:21

Yeah, this one got crazy dark at the end, particularly when Graham just stares into the camera after he mentions the blackout.

That said, I can imagine this would segue nicely into J fresh turning into a guy who is really good at killing folk, and making grilled cheese sandwiches while telling an off kilter story about a thing he acquired that time when he was doing a thing someplace for a guy.
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 23 Jul 2012, 12:48

I don't even...

Wow.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
Kapol
First Video: Whisky Tango Foxtrot

Postby Kapol » 23 Jul 2012, 13:10

Never before have I wanted to try to make J-Fresh feel better like I do now. Maybe a hug? Nah, too girly for him. Bro-fist? Still not enough... wait, Bro-fist with ROCKETS. That should be enough.

Seriously though, it was a funny video. I like how the silly character has become somewhat serious without losing the fact he's a complete nut-job.
ad134

Postby ad134 » 23 Jul 2012, 13:14

Holy crap.

Just...

Holy crap.

I was not expecting that ending. That's right up there with South Park's "You're Getting Old" as one of my top "comedy-to-REALLY-dark" things ever.

Splendid acting from Graham, the death-stare at the end lasts JUST long enough for you to realise what he just said.
Geoff_B
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Postby Geoff_B » 23 Jul 2012, 13:52

Wow... that... wasn't all that funny... that was grim!

The Street Fighter and cell bits made me chuckle though but, yeah, :(
Twitter|Google+|Tumblr|Facebook|Steam|Skype: gmbridges

I survived spaMEGAdon and all I got was this lousy signature joke.

#TeamMonica, #TeamMaki, #TeamTavis
ThrashJazzAssassin
First Video: The Lich King's New Wrath

Postby ThrashJazzAssassin » 23 Jul 2012, 14:23

Yaxley wrote:Despite the kind of dark turn the story line made, I think this was the funniest one yet. And it had been long enough since the last one that this one was a pleasant surprise.

I agree. That was amazing! Just... amazing. It was the tantrum line that finally forced me to pause the video until I could breathe again, but the writing was great throughout.

Way to cliffhang, though; now I'm waiting on tenterhooks (which're, like, these really amazing little chairs they have at the Laundromat that, like, have these things where they're like a chair but not a chair, but they look like a chair, only green) for the finale!
benvoliothefirst
First Video: Who Can Recall?

Postby benvoliothefirst » 23 Jul 2012, 14:46

Seriously, the LRR crew outdid themselves on this one. By far the funniest Jonny video of all time, and the surprise ending certainly stunned me. I love these videos, and I hope Jonny will stick around even after Jonny 5. (ALIVE!)
The Tortured Soul

Postby The Tortured Soul » 23 Jul 2012, 15:56

Yaxley wrote:Despite the kind of dark turn the story line made, I think this was the funniest one yet. And it had been long enough since the last one that this one was a pleasant surprise.

This!

IIRC this is one of the first Jonny videos I had a chuckle at. While I've kinda enjoyed the first two I always felt a little off about them (mostly because of how I feel about alcohol and drunks). The third one I don't actually remember how I reacted. This one had me chuckling at some parts I really enjoyed it.

Then POW that ending! Damn! A little close to home as well for me right now (but not as bad, it's seeing Ex's with new people).

But yeah, he could totally have a chat with his uncle see if he can "resolve" his situation for him. Or if we find out there is more to Jonny's blackouts. I know Storyguy probably isn't going to come into it or be mentioned, but it'd be cool if he did!
posting... in england.

Reality is subjective and insanity is just a point of view

• Step 10 ???
  • Step 11 Profit
  • Step 12 Podcast
  • Step 13 Huff a Dong!
Lyinginbedmon
First Video: BioShocked

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 23 Jul 2012, 16:03

Considering Jonny seems to mix up passing out and blacking out on a regular basis, and one does involve him being functional instead of unconscious, it's entirely possible we just saw him exit the scene of a double homicide.
Morgan wrote:Lyinginbedmon is short, but he makes up for it in awesomeness
LogicSword
First Video: Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Postby LogicSword » 23 Jul 2012, 16:26

Loved this one.

For some reason, I just cracked up at the whole "parentheses" line. Was that in the script of just Graham covering?
plummeting_sloth
First Video: three PS3s

Postby plummeting_sloth » 23 Jul 2012, 16:38

I was trying to think of some dumb, funny quip to put here but fuck it... that was very well done. Not to diminish anything else, but that's one of the best video's I've seen you guys do. I love the turn you took with his arc. Here's the rise and fall (and rise?) of Johnny!
He habitually wears an expression as if he had determined to drive his head through a brick wall, and was about to do it (Description of U.S. Grant)
Elomin Sha wrote:I love the smell of napalm'd sloths in the morning.
CitronPie
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Postby CitronPie » 23 Jul 2012, 17:25

Have to ask, especially since you're Canadians - Jonny and Jenny, subtle nod to Pop Goes the World by Men Without Hats?
Duckay
First Video: Man Cooking

Postby Duckay » 23 Jul 2012, 18:21

I don't even know why, but I absolutely lost it at, "Even I can tell it's plagued with issues!". Graham's delivery and the juxtaposition of that with Jonny's slurring just slew me.

Don't even get me started on, "I just realized I said brackets when I meant parentheses."
ex-Lurker
First Video: 'Skeeterpellant

Postby ex-Lurker » 23 Jul 2012, 18:52

It's a testament to how unreliable Jonny is as a narrator when I'm not sure if he went to an actual laudramat and drank actual cleaning chemicals or an actual bar. Also, I wonder what Alex's role was, just a random hobo?
Totally accurate, except for all the times I'm not.
KyrieEleison
First Video: Desert Bus 5

Postby KyrieEleison » 23 Jul 2012, 19:03

I had to remind myself when he said he was drunk on cold water detergent that it was supposed to be a drink. Also, the description of Jenny as "already pine fresh" was really clever.

Graham, how much fun have you had writing out Jonny's monologues?
It's not epic unless it's dactylic hexameter.

landofanalie.wordpress.com

Return to “LRR Video Discussion”