Terms of Friendship

Talk about the latest LRR video or discuss your past favorites.
Kdz
First Video: Son of a Bitch

Postby Kdz » 10 Mar 2009, 01:31

That punch was the same straight arm comedy punch they do in this video, and any other instance of punching I can think of off hand.

I've never seen anyone punch like this in my life. Like I said previously, I get it for comedic purposes, but it always kinda bugs me in the back of my mind. Just a little thing. Not a big deal.
Graham
Super Moderator

Re: Honey, I'm ho-

Postby Graham » 10 Mar 2009, 01:31

Kdz wrote:I'd really like to see some decent punches in the future.

Okay, I admit this one wasn't up to our usual standards but we've totally had solid stage-punches before.

Edit: People who don't know how to fight throw crappy punches. I feel the characters we play aren't good fighters.
Kdz
First Video: Son of a Bitch

Re: Honey, I'm ho-

Postby Kdz » 10 Mar 2009, 01:33

Graham wrote:
Kdz wrote:I'd really like to see some decent punches in the future.

Okay, I admit this one wasn't up to our usual standards but we've totally had solid stage-punches before.

Yeah, they're mostly believable, but as I just ninja'd you to say, it's usually (if not always, I'm not going to claim that) that same kind of straight arm, comedic punch. I'm just not a huge fan of that. It's not a deal breaker or anything, just a kind of, I don't know, pet peeve? Nah, that's too extreme.

Even though realism is far from what you guys go for, it takes me out of the videos just a hair. Again, it's not a big deal, I'll still watch and enjoy your videos about the same either way.
mattech

Postby mattech » 10 Mar 2009, 01:55

Return of the Ash! Looking trim...
TorachiKatashi

Postby TorachiKatashi » 10 Mar 2009, 01:58

I'm pretty sure we ALL feel about that confused when we go on things like Facebook. It'd be a lot easier if they just out and said, "We own your soul now." xD

I agree with everyone about the punch, but even in the last few weeks Graham has already taken five blows to the junk by my count, so I don't know if we can ask him so soon to take a hit to the face. xD Maybe even if it had appeared to actually approach your face rather than over your shoulder, though, and just stopped before hand, he wouldn't have had the straight arm happening. A different camera angle might have even worked as far as that.

Is it sad that I started to get a tad upset just for feeling so bad for Jer? xD!

As far as the loading lag, it's working fine for me this morning, but as a note, this weekend when I was trying to load the video of the KeiKon panel, I left the Blip one to load OVERNIGHT, and it was still probably not even a quarter of the way when I woke up the next morning. Switched it over to Quicktime and it took about an hour and a half to two hours max.
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 10 Mar 2009, 02:19

TorachiKatashi wrote:As far as the loading lag, it's working fine for me this morning, but as a note, this weekend when I was trying to load the video of the KeiKon panel, I left the Blip one to load OVERNIGHT, and it was still probably not even a quarter of the way when I woke up the next morning. Switched it over to Quicktime and it took about an hour and a half to two hours max.

Yeah, that's been fixed now. Didn't realize it had gotten so bad.
Darkobra
First Video: ISC: Goat Penis

Postby Darkobra » 10 Mar 2009, 03:29

Was that Garage Band's Catwalk playing on the Yummies advert? We have to use it at college and I know every single piece of media on there inside and out. It's torture.
Lyinginbedmon wrote:You are clearly some form of incorporeal undead.
Like a vampire.
But with knives.
The Jester
First Video: The Truce

Postby The Jester » 10 Mar 2009, 04:09

Awesome vid guys, as always. If anyone tried to pull something like that on me they'd be looking at a meeting with my friend and lawyer Mr. Pain >:]
AlexanderDitto
Better Than the First Alexander
First Video: Desert Bus 1: The Original!

Postby AlexanderDitto » 10 Mar 2009, 04:36

WOO! This is the first thing I've ever had BoingBoing'd! AWESOME. And it was CORY DOCTOROW who posted it OH MY GOD.

*Fangirl squeal* It's like a dream come true! *o*
Beta-guy

Postby Beta-guy » 10 Mar 2009, 06:32

great video, honestly I hate ToS they are long written in such a fashion that it discourages people from wanting to reading the text, yet it has all the things you aren't allowed to do. honestly can't they come up with ToS that simply says 'don't be a dick'?
Evil Jim
First Video: Shake Your Hands

Postby Evil Jim » 10 Mar 2009, 07:15

One of my frustrations is when you are given a scroll box of three or four lines to read their entire agreement. They certainly don't know what convenient is. I usually copy & paste it into a Word document where I can scan better & use the search function for terms like "third parties" & "all rights."
Arius wrote:People were just so awestruck by your awesomeness that they became catatonic.
ThrashJazzAssassin wrote:BURN HIM! BURN THE HERETIC! DEATH TO ALL WHO SCORN THE AWESOMENESS OF EVIL JIM!
Lawman
First Video: 3 PS3s

Postby Lawman » 10 Mar 2009, 07:18

I currently work at a law firm (it has nothing to do with the username) and part of my job involves proof-reading T's and C's. Having read through them, I can understand what they're about, but they could all do with a very brief summary at the top.

For example, for software EULAs the summary would be: "Don't misuse our pirate our software."

For the Terms that I come across, they are mostly saying "here's what you can expect from using our service; here's what you can't expect from using our service".

I'd also like to see more easter eggs in contracts: "We, the Zypods, will own your human soul if you do not adhere to..." and so on. Then, at the end, there'll be a clause to render the joke clause null and void, just to keep the contract legal.
King Kool
Quality and Quantity

Postby King Kool » 10 Mar 2009, 08:13

Darkobra wrote:Was that Garage Band's Catwalk playing on the Yummies advert? We have to use it at college and I know every single piece of media on there inside and out. It's torture.

I think there's a lot more. See Small Time (i think), Superintendent's Sorrow, Secret Life of Toast, Halo: The Future of Gaming, A Sacred Duty, and some others I'm probably forgetting. (I don't actually have these on my Mac, I just have the drum fills and etc.)
a winner is you. - Ash
King Kool, you are wrong. - Graham
King Kool, shut your face. - James
This thread was creepy until KingKool made it AWESOME. - Tombrend
Why this obsession with foam implements? - Metcarfre
Beta-guy

Postby Beta-guy » 10 Mar 2009, 08:24

Lawman wrote:I currently work at a law firm (it has nothing to do with the username) and part of my job involves proof-reading T's and C's. Having read through them, I can understand what they're about, but they could all do with a very brief summary at the top.

For example, for software EULAs the summary would be: "Don't misuse our pirate our software."

For the Terms that I come across, they are mostly saying "here's what you can expect from using our service; here's what you can't expect from using our service".

I'd also like to see more easter eggs in contracts: "We, the Zypods, will own your human soul if you do not adhere to..." and so on. Then, at the end, there'll be a clause to render the joke clause null and void, just to keep the contract legal.

a while ago some one actually won money by reading the EULA it was a while ago, but apparently a line was left in to email the company, and he got $1000 for his trouble :p http://yro.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=05/02/23/2315211
Tank_girl

Postby Tank_girl » 10 Mar 2009, 08:41

Jer every time there is a video shot in your house I fall in love with your drawer stairs. Are the drawer's functional or just for looks?

Also, what is the map of behind your couch? (im sure this has been asked, but in my defense this thread went to 5 pages fast!)
Matt
LRR Crew

Postby Matt » 10 Mar 2009, 08:44

Tank_girl wrote:Jer every time there is a video shot in your house I fall in love with your drawer stairs. Are the drawer's functional or just for looks?

Also, what is the map of behind your couch? (im sure this has been asked, but in my defense this thread went to 5 pages fast!)

the drawers are functional, and the map is of Moscow.

-m

I am not angry at you.
iamafish
First Video: Crime and Punishment

Postby iamafish » 10 Mar 2009, 08:48

is jer planning an assault on moscow? if so, can a join in too?

good video too guys
Thoughts From a Fish Bowl<------ my blog...

My Twitter

iamafish never wrote:the male trouser snake is evidence that evolution has no sense of aesthetics
Evil Jim
First Video: Shake Your Hands

Postby Evil Jim » 10 Mar 2009, 08:49

The video was a little odd for me just in that I immediately recognized the location as Jer's place & yet in the video it belonged to someone else. I got a chuckle when he commented that it was a nice place they had.
Arius wrote:People were just so awestruck by your awesomeness that they became catatonic.
ThrashJazzAssassin wrote:BURN HIM! BURN THE HERETIC! DEATH TO ALL WHO SCORN THE AWESOMENESS OF EVIL JIM!
Matt
LRR Crew

Postby Matt » 10 Mar 2009, 08:50

Evil Jim wrote:The video was a little odd for me just in that I immediately recognized the location as Jer's place & yet in the video it belonged to someone else. I got a chuckle when he commented that it was a nice place they had.

Acting.

-m

I am not angry at you.
iamafish
First Video: Crime and Punishment

Postby iamafish » 10 Mar 2009, 08:54

wow, you guys do that?
Thoughts From a Fish Bowl<------ my blog...

My Twitter

iamafish never wrote:the male trouser snake is evidence that evolution has no sense of aesthetics
MrDys

Postby MrDys » 10 Mar 2009, 09:03

Matt wrote:
Evil Jim wrote:The video was a little odd for me just in that I immediately recognized the location as Jer's place & yet in the video it belonged to someone else. I got a chuckle when he commented that it was a nice place they had.

Acting.

-m

It all makes sense now. Matt is the Jon Lovitz of LRR.
Evisr

Postby Evisr » 10 Mar 2009, 09:03

Matt wrote:
Tank_girl wrote:Jer every time there is a video shot in your house I fall in love with your drawer stairs. Are the drawer's functional or just for looks?

the drawers are functional, and the map is of Moscow.

-m

Hmm where did you get such map? Its really nice plus I loved Moscow since when went there for vacation when I was 9 years old.

Anyways video this week is definitely one of the best videos that you guys have been doing between commodoreHUSTLEs. Its not stupid funny but more like witty funny which is always better (in my opinion). With all the ToS news about Facebook, I knew a video was going to come out and parody the situation. Also good to see Ash return and congratulations again for getting engaged.
Evil Keebler Elf
First Video: Desert Bus 1

Good video

Postby Evil Keebler Elf » 10 Mar 2009, 10:22

Yaya Legal tomfoolery. This video along with "The Divorce" are some of my favorite LRR videos
Alina

Postby Alina » 10 Mar 2009, 11:21

For a second there I mistook Matt's Elvis-apron for a Twilight-apron.
No one had had the slightest desire to learn the language of the boghogs for the simple reason that these creatures communicated by biting each other very hard on the thigh. -Douglas Adams
Digital Dolphin
First Video: Canada Man

Postby Digital Dolphin » 10 Mar 2009, 11:31

I really love this video, it made me laugh when I was actually in a very sour mood too :D

And it's also nice to see Ash again, and the bit at the end with Tal was a little predictable, but hilarious. I'd have been disappointed if it hadn't gone that way :P

I've noticed that since Sacred Duty, Graham is playing a lot more douche characters... coincedence?

Return to “LRR Video Discussion”