Brew Update!

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
TomBrend
First Video: long long ago...

Re: Brew Update!

Postby TomBrend » 30 May 2012, 19:43

My dark black beer is delicious and ready to bottle. I would like to nitrogenate it, but I can't afford it for this batch. I'll probably bottle this weekend.
plummeting_sloth
First Video: three PS3s

Postby plummeting_sloth » 01 Jun 2012, 22:05

TomBrend wrote:My dark black beer is delicious and ready to bottle.

Please become a spy and make this a code phrase.
He habitually wears an expression as if he had determined to drive his head through a brick wall, and was about to do it (Description of U.S. Grant)
Elomin Sha wrote:I love the smell of napalm'd sloths in the morning.
TomBrend
First Video: long long ago...

Postby TomBrend » 09 May 2016, 18:39

Oh Hello past TomBrend. I didn't see you there.
Here is some advice from the future.

TomBrend wrote:NECROOOOOOOOO BUMP!

THAT'S NOT A NECROBUMP
THIS IS A NECROBUMP

TomBrend wrote:Rika, have you done a Russian Imperial Stout before? I've been seeing a lot of references to them as popular for homebrewers, I was considering making one.

Future TomBrend has done this, and it turned out terribly.

TomBrend wrote:It doesn't have the green apple character, and no apples in the flavor. It's just very bitter and astringent. I want to find someone more knowledgeable than me to actually taste it. I'm really 50-50 between acetobacter and way too much hops- all of the things I've noticed so far could be either one.

I've now tasted acetobacter-innoculated beers, and this wasn't that. Some other infection, plus brewing screwups.

TomBrend wrote:If I get kegs, I'll probably just do an archival sixpack right out of secondary, then serve the rest from the keg. I will eventually wear my girlfriend down on the home bar issue.

Still working on this with the wife. Have clearance now, just need to buy parts and put together a keezer.

TomBrend wrote:I had a really good sour beer at a bar recently that wasn't marketed as a sour, but when I went back and ordered it again, it was a rather average pale ale. I'm not sure if they screwed up my order, if it was something left in the lines between kegs, or if it got an infection, but I really want that first beer again.

Every beer there tastes sour, they don't clean anything ever. Only the first time I got it was it any good.

TomBrend wrote:My dark black beer is delicious and ready to bottle. I would like to nitrogenate it, but I can't afford it for this batch. I'll probably bottle this weekend.

Mix the priming sugar thoroughly. Half the bottles were overcarbed, half were flat. No blown bottles, but lots of gushers.

In related news, I'm picking up homebrewing again.

Return to “General Discussion”