Self Image

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Machalllewis
First Video: Ways to Stay Awake

Self Image

Postby Machalllewis » 23 Feb 2010, 16:54

So here we go lets create us some troll and off topic bait.

I like being me. I love it in fact. But at the same time I get way too many spots despite being twenty fucking one and am way heavier than I would like to be. (and am actively trying to be less so having recently lost two stone)

So what are your self image hang ups? Please let me know so I am not so hung up on my own self.
Nothing to see here.
Gordon Fearman
First Video: Three PS3s
Location: Time and space. Anything more specific tends to vary.

Re: Self Image

Postby Gordon Fearman » 23 Feb 2010, 17:00

Spots? You mean like acne?

I like myself, too. I just wish my hair would sort itself out, right.
"When I feel my friends have been conspiring against me, I break into their bedrooms and I write in their diaries."

(PM me if this pic is too big.)
Machalllewis

Postby Machalllewis » 23 Feb 2010, 17:05

Gordon Fearman wrote:Spots? You mean like acne?

I like myself, too. I just wish my hair would sort itself out, right.

No I dont have actual acne I just get the odd face spot. Especially when I dont shave. My hair is perfect though it just does what it wants and looks nice while it does so. I mostly just wash and ignore it. Also "soft as silk" is the average description from people feeling it.
Nothing to see here.
Arius
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Arius » 23 Feb 2010, 17:10

I just wish I weighed more.

Other than that, I'm pretty kickass.
H̼̮̖͓̻ͮ̀ͬ̓e̟̦͉̾̔̀ͣ͆̄ ͚̤̈̉ͦ̎ͭ̚c̰̠͚̜̹ͪ̐̎̃ͅo̗͌͛ͥ͑m̍ͬͥ̚e͍̱̲̤͚̹͔͛s͚̱̤͚̲̭̗̃̎ͭ̚.̘̫̖̮̠͒̔.̝̹̟̳͚̂̆̋͌̐̚.̬͓̰̃̑
Gordon Fearman

Postby Gordon Fearman » 23 Feb 2010, 17:10

I've never heard of that, Mac.
"When I feel my friends have been conspiring against me, I break into their bedrooms and I write in their diaries."

OMGItsSarah
First Video: Offensisensitivity

Postby OMGItsSarah » 23 Feb 2010, 17:11

I'm pretty comfortable with myself, finally. All that bothers me is acne and the occasional bad hair day. I do have some scars that I'm not fond of, but those are even starting to go away. Oh, there's also a spot on my stomach - I guess it's a birthmark, and that kind of bothers me when I'm wearing a bikini or something.

Also, I have a cold right now, so my nose is BRIGHT RED. That's gotta be attractive, right?

Right?
Arius

Postby Arius » 23 Feb 2010, 17:17

Oh definitely.

---

Oh, another part of my self image: I wish I had hair on my arms, legs, and torso. That'd be nice.
H̼̮̖͓̻ͮ̀ͬ̓e̟̦͉̾̔̀ͣ͆̄ ͚̤̈̉ͦ̎ͭ̚c̰̠͚̜̹ͪ̐̎̃ͅo̗͌͛ͥ͑m̍ͬͥ̚e͍̱̲̤͚̹͔͛s͚̱̤͚̲̭̗̃̎ͭ̚.̘̫̖̮̠͒̔.̝̹̟̳͚̂̆̋͌̐̚.̬͓̰̃̑
OMGItsSarah

Postby OMGItsSarah » 23 Feb 2010, 17:19

You can have my arm hair. I hate that shit, man.
Arius

Postby Arius » 23 Feb 2010, 17:20

Sweet, mail it here!
Machalllewis

Postby Machalllewis » 23 Feb 2010, 17:23

Gordon Fearman wrote:I've never heard of that, Mac.

never heard of what?
Nothing to see here.
OMGItsSarah

Postby OMGItsSarah » 23 Feb 2010, 17:25

@Arius - That would be more than mildly creepy. "Here, have the hair off of my arms!"
Gordon Fearman

Postby Gordon Fearman » 23 Feb 2010, 17:32

Your spots problem, Mac.

Machalllewis

Postby Machalllewis » 23 Feb 2010, 17:36

Gordon Fearman wrote:Your spots problem, Mac.

Well Im a spotty cunt basically. I dunno how to describe it past that. If I grow a beard then it gets way worse. Im fairly clean otherwise.
Nothing to see here.
korri
First Video: I honestly can't remember...

Postby korri » 23 Feb 2010, 17:42

I wish I could lose more weight faster... right now its feeling excruciatingly slow... other then that I have had pretty bad acne in the past and even though I'm in my twenties it still hasn't gone away. Even if I manage to get it a bit under control my face still has blotchy redness...
Hello world, remember me? I'm the sad little fuck that you failed to see, who you should have recognized When you had the chance. Hello motherfuckers now its time to dance

my photos! => http://korrinn.deviantart.com
tak197
Feito Com Fruta
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby tak197 » 23 Feb 2010, 17:55

I'm really overweight, have body acne and face acne, bad teeth, and I don't really like my body hair all that much. Other than all that, I feel like I'm just kinda meh-looking.

However, on the good side, I have soft skin (during HS, my friend called me "Angel Arms" because my forearms were soft and she liked touching them, like they were a security blanket) and silky brown hair that's thin in the strand but thick in density. I can wash my hair in the shower and clog a drain, but I have no bald spots. It's something I inherited from my parents. I have my mom's hair type, which is wavy and curly (especially in the humidity) when short, but at a certain length it's flat against my head and pencil straight, and my dad's scalp, which is densely populated with hair, but is a bit oily.
GreigKM
First Video: One of the LRR3K's (I can't remember)

Postby GreigKM » 23 Feb 2010, 17:59

I am content with myself, but if I had to pick problems... Mostly my hair, I grow it too fast, like really fast. Why must I have Northern European ancestry, WHY!!? I also, due to some medical problems, have really pale skin and am very skinny, but I kinda like that, instead of worrying about being fat I have to make sure to keep my weight up. Kinda fun to tell people "I really need to gain a few pounds".
Google+ | Steam
I like ponies too much
I X
First Video: Crime And Punishment. I think.

Postby I X » 23 Feb 2010, 18:04

My self-image fluctuates: anywhere from medium to very poor.

Spots: always a bit blotchy (moon-pale Irishman that I am) but never too many actual pimples at once.
Hair: alternately combed back or gelled back. People occasionally comment that my hair is awesome, but I wouldn't go that far at all. I like it, beyond that...
Beard: yes, a goatee (think Paul pre-Shavening, but I trim mine so it doesn't extend much past the chin).
Clothes: something no-one seems to have mentioned and yet for many people a huge part of self-image. I finally wear what I want, all the time, at university. I wear a lot of black and grey, interspersed with bright t-shirts (often my own designs these days). Doc Martens for the win is my position on shoes (having not taken off my first ever pair over the last 6 months except to sleep :D ). Safe to say, I am a little weird in my dress sense at university, but no more than anyone I know. That's the beauty of university. :)
Often outnumbered, never outpunned.

Note: in Ireland 'ye' is used as the plural of 'you'. It rather neatly avoids confusion online.

"Your accent is...ubiquitous."
-Graham Stark
TomBrend
First Video: long long ago...

Postby TomBrend » 23 Feb 2010, 18:05

Gordon Fearman wrote:I've never heard of that, Mac.

Yes, he means acne. The brits sort of differentiate between "acne" and "spots" where the former is chronic acne, and the latter is "a few zits sometimes".
Annchan

Postby Annchan » 23 Feb 2010, 18:05

I am pretty comfortable with how I usually look. I am actually only one size larger than I was in high school and have been able to keep in shape.
At the moment thought I am quite pregnant and do not feel attractive. I find maternity clothes to be frumpy and unflattering and also hate feeling any fabric on me so when I am home I tend to be in undies and a t-shirt or pajamas. All because of the pregnancy though.
In the year after my first baby was born I was able to lose all the baby weight and wear all my normal clothes again but this time my husband seems to think I should exercise more to lose it quicker. I say DAMN YOU! It took 9 months for it to get this way it's going to take 9 months to get back to normal!
I can't wait until I at least have the flab off after the birth though because I have a few dresses I want to make and need to have the measurements as accurate as possible.
Gordon Fearman

Postby Gordon Fearman » 23 Feb 2010, 18:10

Ah babies. Biologically, they're parasites.

Literaturally (this needs to be a word), they're delicious. Or, at least Irish ones are, or something. I don't know, that entire proposal doesn't really make much sense since pregnant women need to eat more than regular ones. A better proposal would've been free condoms for everyone.

Annchan

Postby Annchan » 23 Feb 2010, 18:25

True and fun fact, A pregnant woman has a lowered immune system because otherwise her body might try to naturally kill the parasite inside her.
Gordon Fearman

Postby Gordon Fearman » 23 Feb 2010, 18:37

I know. That's why I said it. Also, as soon as a fertilised egg latches onto the uteral wall, it secretes pheromones to tell the body that everything is just camp.

I X
First Video: Crime And Punishment. I think.

Postby I X » 23 Feb 2010, 18:52

Gordon Fearman wrote:Ah babies. Biologically, they're parasites.

Literaturally (this needs to be a word), they're delicious. Or, at least Irish ones are, or something.

Ireland: where even the babies taste good.
Often outnumbered, never outpunned.

Note: in Ireland 'ye' is used as the plural of 'you'. It rather neatly avoids confusion online.

"Your accent is...ubiquitous."
-Graham Stark
Gordon Fearman

Postby Gordon Fearman » 23 Feb 2010, 18:54

Although, if there was a baby famine, they would be doubly screwed.

Bananafish

Postby Bananafish » 23 Feb 2010, 19:14

Arius wrote:Oh definitely.

---

Oh, another part of my self image: I wish I had hair on my arms, legs, and torso. That'd be nice.

I wish I had less hair, it can get p annoying

Return to “General Discussion”