The Dream Thread

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Re: The Dream Thread

Postby Master Gunner » 07 Jul 2014, 05:58

I'm pretty sure the Queen is immortal at this point.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
Merrymaker_Mortalis
First Video: ENN's First Episode on Escapist

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 07 Jul 2014, 06:05

I thought the same about my previous cat (died age 19), I was proved wrong.
I sincerely believed that my cat was a human turned into a cat, because I couldn't explain her long life. I also wondered if she was a Pokemon. That came crashing down when she died.
AdmiralMemo
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Postby AdmiralMemo » 07 Jul 2014, 09:23

Ptangmatik wrote:I suggested just that a few days ago in the video suggestions thread, I think it would be pretty cool. :-)
You suggested they film a Loading Time in my back yard? ;) :D
Merrymaker_Mortalis wrote:I thought the same about my previous cat (died age 19), I was proved wrong.
I sincerely believed that my cat was a human turned into a cat, because I couldn't explain her long life. I also wondered if she was a Pokemon. That came crashing down when she died.
19 is about average for our cats, though... We had one that lived to be 21.
Graham wrote:The point is: Nyeh nyeh nyeh. I'm an old man.
LRRcast wrote:Paul: That does not answer that question at all.
James: Who cares about that question? That's a good answer.

Merrymaker_Mortalis

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 07 Jul 2014, 09:27

When I was young, I was told the average age was ~13. This was said to me when my cat was 12 years old. I spent like the last 7 years of my cat's life in a constant state of paranoia that she might die.
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 07 Jul 2014, 11:27

I was told ~20 years when I was young (though the cat promptly got hit by a car). A quick check to Google says "Indoor cats now live an average of 15 years, and it is not uncommon to see cats 18 to 20 years of age."
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
My pseudonym is Ix
First Video: Canadian Girlfriend

Postby My pseudonym is Ix » 07 Jul 2014, 11:40

I have the skcd Chrome extension that does this automatically. "Cat promptly got hit by a cat" has got to be one of the best side effects I've yet experienced
"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not Image it after all."
gcninja

Postby gcninja » 07 Jul 2014, 12:29

Had a dream where I was basically tony stark. Had my compound raided by competition with control over police (basically Hammer Industries from Iron man 2), before that I dreamed he had Pepper Pots and showed them their greatest invention; a machine that could take energy from another dimension to our own. With no regards for them. They invaded my compound in an effort to off me and steal everything. It was based on a lake so when they did I jumped and swam under it before they could shoot me. Managed to blow up a small piece of it only though and grab what I need and then woke. Funny this is the second time I've had this dream. The first time I blew up a huge portion and swam away. Better to take it out than give it to competition.
Cept this time since not a lot was taken out, I got back into the compound and started digging through debris while not arousing suspicion. I changed clothes (into dragon ball z t-shirts with minimalist designs. I should look into making them, they didn't look bad.) Grabbed a few pieces of electronics, jumped into a hole I had made with the explosion into the water and woke.
EJ wrote:Lyinginbedmon, I'm looking forward to when Paul or Graham reset your & Elomin's post count back to zero. If you keep it up it's bound to happen =p

Noblesse Oblige
Buksvager!
auberginequeen
First Video: Rejected 'Get A Mac' Ads

Postby auberginequeen » 10 Jul 2014, 19:45

I keep having dreams where I have one more assignment I have to do before the end of the term, and I've either forgotten about it, or things keep coming up so I don't have enough time to work on it and I run around in a panic trying to come up with something to write.

The funny thing is in reality I've already graduated, like with the ceremony and certificate and everything, yet when I think about it I feel as though I dreamt that as well.
Merrymaker_Mortalis

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 11 Jul 2014, 00:59

I wished I wouldn't have the best dreams when I have to wake up early. When I have freedom to sleep for how ever long I want, but dreams are quite... underwhelming.

Last night dream I had a weird combination of "The World's Most Dangerous Mountain Pass Road" mixed with a Toboggan ride.
Merrymaker_Mortalis

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 14 Jul 2014, 01:36

I had a loving dream last night that bluntly reminded me that I have no real childhood friends.
They all moved away when ever I got close. This was before the age of MSN or Steam, so they're effectively Dead.
Robo4900
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Postby Robo4900 » 15 Jul 2014, 07:44

I had a dream in which I was Data from Star Trek in a virtual reality RPG.
"If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."
viscomica
First Video: SPRING!

Postby viscomica » 15 Jul 2014, 08:55

Robo4900 wrote:I had a dream in which I was Data from Star Trek in a virtual reality RPG.

That sounds like a very awesome dream to have
Bebop Man
First Video: The Pirate Video

Postby Bebop Man » 19 Jul 2014, 07:30

I dreamt I had two girls for roommates. We became friends until one night both of them got into my bed wanting sex. I felt something was wrong and demanded to know what the hell was really going on. One of them finally confessed that they were lesbians in a relationship. This made me jump out of bed and refuse to have sex, which pissed them off.

I think the rationale was that I felt cheap and used by these girls who simply wanted to experiment with me and would promptly ditch me afterwards.
viscomica

Postby viscomica » 20 Jul 2014, 18:20

Bebop Man wrote:I dreamt I had two girls for roommates. We became friends until one night both of them got into my bed wanting sex. I felt something was wrong and demanded to know what the hell was really going on. One of them finally confessed that they were lesbians in a relationship. This made me jump out of bed and refuse to have sex, which pissed them off.

I think the rationale was that I felt cheap and used by these girls who simply wanted to experiment with me and would promptly ditch me afterwards.

Maybe they were Catherine (with a C) and Katherine (with a K) ;)
Bebop Man

Postby Bebop Man » 20 Jul 2014, 19:14

I think you're Katherine with a K.
viscomica

Postby viscomica » 20 Jul 2014, 20:25

Can I still be in the super awesome threesome from your dream? haha :D
gcninja

Postby gcninja » 20 Jul 2014, 22:20

EJ wrote:Lyinginbedmon, I'm looking forward to when Paul or Graham reset your & Elomin's post count back to zero. If you keep it up it's bound to happen =p

Noblesse Oblige
Buksvager!
Merrymaker_Mortalis

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 21 Jul 2014, 02:33

I keep having dreams where I am IRL friends with certain Youtubers I follow.
I could have worse dreams, but I still feel more lonely when I wake up.
Merrymaker_Mortalis

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 08 Aug 2014, 01:53

Last night I dreamt that I watched or performed in a satirical sketch that showed "how government makes decisions".

They have a large grid on the floor, x by y. I never knew what the x or y stood for. Perhaps "Yes" and "No". When a subject would come up (e.g. Climate Change), someone would drop a piece of sweetcorn or a cooked pea onto the grid and where it stopped bouncing or splodging in relation to its co-ordinates would indicate the stance needed to be taken.

Strangely, one of the "satirical" topics was "Releasing Michael Palin from Imprisonment" (Sweetcorn says No).

I'm not sure how accurate my dream depicts politics.
Bebop Man

Postby Bebop Man » 14 Aug 2014, 09:53

I had a freaky dream involving bugs crawling into people's ears and mutating them into something eldritch. It was all in an animated, cartoonish style though so it wasn't scary. I just woke up and went "What the fuck?".
Valkyrie-Lemons
First Video: Spoken Word

Postby Valkyrie-Lemons » 14 Aug 2014, 10:36

I had this weird dream (well all my dreams are somewhat weird) last night where a bunch of police came to my house to arrest me for some really ridiculous charge. I thought something was up and asked them if they'd wait by the door while I got some stuff to go down to the station with them. They said "Sure," and I pretended to go and get some stuff, but actually went to call the police and said to them that I felt some people at the door saying that they were police were actually fake. Then I had to stall the 'fake' police before the real police arrived. When the real police did arrive they knew straight away that the other policemen were fake.

However, the two 'real' cops they had sent turned out to be corrupt cops and were working with the fake cops.

I woke up just a little bit afterwards, just before anything happened but I was kinda scared at what the cops were going to do to me.
Prospero101 wrote:...is it weird that I REALLY hope that someday I say something memorable enough to be quoted in someone else's signature?

I'm trying this 'Twitter' thing, if you just want to send a message/question/joke, please send it to: @Valkyrie_Lemons , thanks!
Merrymaker_Mortalis

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 02 Sep 2014, 07:16

My living dreams have became more vivid.

The best way to describe this is the mental state between worlds. Between asleep and real life.

You experinece real-life and a dream simuteiniously. Thankfully it's in the safety of my own room.

The darkness around me is the canvas on which I project the dream scenario.

It can be good, or bad. But utlimately utterly confusing.

It happens when I overheat when I sleep. It happens sometimes, but not majorly. Recently it's became, more, solid. I've had this for many nights in a row (never happened before).

It makes for some more involved dreams. I thin... I'd prefer if it didn't happen again. It's not a nice experience panic as I have no idea where I am.
Robo4900
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Postby Robo4900 » 03 Sep 2014, 21:50

I had a dream in which robots or something took over the world and wanted to kill all humans, so my friends and I hid away in the desert with Jack Black(?!). We then went to a shopping centre where we bought the in reality nonexistent Jazz Jackrabbit 3.
"If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."
AdmiralMemo

Postby AdmiralMemo » 08 Sep 2014, 08:45

Why was I late for work? Because I was asleep, dreaming that I was already at work doing work.

I hate my brain sometimes...

AdmiralMemo

Postby AdmiralMemo » 30 Sep 2014, 10:04

So I had a dream that LRR wasn't going to be doing Desert Bus anymore, and DB9 was going to be the last one. (Yes, 9.) It would still go on, but they'd be handing it over to a different group to do. I had mixed feelings about that, and was glad it was just a dream when I woke up.

Return to “General Discussion”