The Dream Thread

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
MotorWaffle
First Video: Phailhaus #3

Re: The Dream Thread

Postby MotorWaffle » 09 Oct 2014, 05:32

So my dream is going all over the place (like they're wont to do), when I find myself in a spooky house. Essentially two well-known horror story ghosts (I forget which ones, I just knew/felt like they were well known) had taken residency and at first were pitted against each other.
Then the one with the voice of a little girl came upon us in the room. The most startling thing was that IT sounded terrified. There was apparently a third ghost, or something, in the house that could devour souls, whether living or dead. It had already obliterated the second spirit, and the first ghost was getting the hell out of there.
Now this wasn't too bad until I woke up with a heaping helping of sleep paralysis. Ever hear about how sleep paralysis can cause hallucinations? Well I won that lottery twice, because guess who kept hearing ghost voices, one small child and one deep, rumbling thing? That's right, this guy.
Zarr0
First Video: unskippable

Postby Zarr0 » 09 Oct 2014, 05:45

I had a dream a while ago about be being chased by the headless horseman. I got in the tiny boat from golden sun. Back on land i ran past the bridge(that the headless horseman can't pass) and he came over the bridge and his sword came to my throat. Then i woke up.
Jamfalcon
First Video: Killer Instinct

Postby Jamfalcon » 17 Oct 2014, 09:33

I had a really weird, rambling dream last night. I won't try to explain the whole thing, but the culmination was me giving a lecture on Shakespeare to my uncle in a much more aggressive tone than I'd usually use. He was under the impression that saying he was "Iago-esque" meant a pacifist, Dream-Me wasn't going to let that blatant misconception stand.
"Jamfalcon's a super weird name" - Graham

I wrote a book!
Bebop Man
First Video: The Pirate Video

Postby Bebop Man » 17 Oct 2014, 11:26

I remember now, I dreamt about zombies. Apparently there was a zombie outbreak in a camp, and the authorities decided to brick the entrance to all the wooden cabins. But some idiots wanted to retrieve some of their stuff from their cabins, so they brought down the walls and let the infection spread everywhere. When I wanted to get my stuff I found out the cabin had already been looted, and I was stuck in the middle of nowhere with no means to get around.
AdmiralMemo
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Postby AdmiralMemo » 19 Oct 2014, 17:09

Well that was an interesting dream.

My dad was teaching in a classroom of some sort. I was off to the side, probably as a TA or something. At the end, two of the students, black guys probably around 17 or 18, came up and proceeded to be racist, asking why they should listen to some "cracker" or something. I forget exactly what they said. In any case, one of them pulled out a shotgun and pointed it at him. I was startled, but not afraid. Then, the guy said "No, you know what? I'm not going to kill you." He then turns the shotgun on me and blasts me in the chest. I feel pressure and heat, but no pain. And then I woke up.
Graham wrote:The point is: Nyeh nyeh nyeh. I'm an old man.
LRRcast wrote:Paul: That does not answer that question at all.
James: Who cares about that question? That's a good answer.

Amake
First Video: Le Cafe

Postby Amake » 19 Oct 2014, 19:07

I also had an interesting dream, of a wildly different nature. I was visiting my grandparents, who live a two hour trip away, in the house where they used to live, where about half of my childhood memories happened. Not an unusual setting for a dream, but then for some reason that made sense at the time I had to go with grandpa and pick mushrooms. Just the two of us - the quiet boy and the 90% deaf old man with the bad heart - for what is usually an occasion for the whole family.

I recall vividly falling asleep in the car, explaining that I've been sleeping badly for the last week or two. I felt the road pass by for several miles, and then I woke up on one of the several small roads through the forests where grandpa likes to take us picking berries, mushrooms and fish. It might have been a place I had been to before, many years ago, though even then I would have forgotten which direction to go home.

Which is what I was thinking about when I suddenly stood outside grandma's and grandpa's house again, with a voice in my head telling me I had to find my way back to my body for the dream to end. The thought "I'm never going to wake up again" was immediately followed by "If I'm some kind of dream I can just go on with my life except now I can fly and stuff". And then I woke up.
"I know I tend to sound like I think what I say is written in stone, but please ignore that. I assure you I'm well aware that I have no idea what I'm talking about." -Amake, 2015
Deedles
First Video: Man Cooking

Postby Deedles » 26 Oct 2014, 07:58

I dreamed last night that I made music for an indie video game... I felt really, truly, happy. So now I'm stuck between happy and sad. I liked that dream.
Hurp-De-Durp!
Prospero101
First Video: Feed Dump: Soldiers of Fortune

Postby Prospero101 » 26 Oct 2014, 09:13

Well, it seems like the logical thing is to take steps to make that dream come true. :)
It's all over but the crying. And the taxes.

"Perfectionism might look good in his shiny shoes, but he's kind of an asshole and no one invites him to their pool parties."
Deedles
First Video: Man Cooking

Postby Deedles » 26 Oct 2014, 09:40

I thought so as well... Already planned my trip to the local music store to look at keyboards, since I currently don't have one. :)
Hurp-De-Durp!
Prospero101
First Video: Feed Dump: Soldiers of Fortune

Postby Prospero101 » 26 Oct 2014, 09:43

That's the spirit! :D

Also check out thrift stores. You can get a decent, if somewhat outdated, keyboard at a good thrift store for cheap.
It's all over but the crying. And the taxes.

"Perfectionism might look good in his shiny shoes, but he's kind of an asshole and no one invites him to their pool parties."
AdmiralMemo
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Postby AdmiralMemo » 30 Oct 2014, 06:16

So... Weird dream... At first, it was that I was watching the Desert Bus 8 Tech Test. I was, of course, completely not ready for it. I was, for some reason, watching it in my living room with Kate Stark and some other girl I don't know who she was. During the Tech Test, Graham kept going missing, and people kept getting worried about him. But then he'd pop up again, and everything would be fine.

The dream somehow shaded into Paul and Cam playing Minecraft on the crew's private server, and trying to figure out what James was doing. They kept exploring, and I ended up in the role that RebelliousUno is in for James, explaining all the things. However, they kept forgetting what I was telling them at times.
Graham wrote:The point is: Nyeh nyeh nyeh. I'm an old man.
LRRcast wrote:Paul: That does not answer that question at all.
James: Who cares about that question? That's a good answer.

elcalen
First Video: Friday Nights

Postby elcalen » 03 Nov 2014, 03:02

A couple nights ago I dreamt me and Cam were both going to the same therapist. For our own individual reasons, don't really recall the details.

Last night, I'm pretty sure Cave Johnson was in my dream. Sadly I don't remember any context, though.
Robo4900
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Postby Robo4900 » 05 Nov 2014, 18:15

The other night, I dreamt that I was Batman.
Which is weird, because I am Batman.
"If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."
elcalen

Postby elcalen » 10 Nov 2014, 00:40

So, um, I'm pretty sure last night I dreamt about connecting with other LRR fans... on OkCupid. What the hell, brain?

(Also, I think I dreamt about buying softer toilet paper. My brain trying to tell me something?)
viscomica
First Video: SPRING!

Postby viscomica » 10 Nov 2014, 10:18

Bebop and I went to a music festival this saturday. In that festival they were giving away free muffins but we couldn't get any (even if we were starving) because of the long queue. Later that night I dreamt I was at the same festival (only slightly different, as dreams often are) and asked for two muffins. Because I was afraid they would not give me two muffins as requested I pointed at Bebop and said "One is for my boyfriend over there"
When they finally gave me the precious I promptly ate both of them. One was an apple muffin, I didn't like it much but ate it anyway.
I woke up shortly after that dream and had a muffin for breakfast.
Life is good.
Merrymaker_Mortalis
First Video: ENN's First Episode on Escapist

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 11 Nov 2014, 00:54

I had a weird and awful nightmare last night.

I drempt a good friend of mine had written a pilot for a Children's TV show. He asked me to be the lead in the pilot. But he didn't tell me much about what I needed to do. So I fluffed it up and as a result his show didn't get picked.
elcalen

Postby elcalen » 20 Dec 2014, 01:16

Um, so last night I dreamt LRR was releasing their own DVD version of Game of Thrones, with new commentary tracks by the LRR crew. The season 1 box cost $7.50.

I also happened to be visiting LRR in Victoria in the dream (I'm so jealous of my dream self now), so I could buy the DVD box in person and save on shipping fees. Although I had to wait a little, because all the boxes hadn't been assembled yet. This was apparently the job of LRR's crafts people, headed by Tally.

That's most of what I remember, I'm afraid. Except for one scene where I saw Graham and thought he was less tall than I expected, then realized he was sitting...
Robo4900

Postby Robo4900 » 28 Dec 2014, 13:34

I dreamed that I defeated an evil alien, travelled around the world in Starbug(From Red Dwarf), saved the earth with a ping-pong ball and a gamecube, saw two of my American cousins, and had to escape a building, then find my way back into Starbug -- which was now invisible -- while armed guards tried to chase me.

I'm surprised I remembered all that, but I'm happy I did. :)
"If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."
Danielle Pepin

Postby Danielle Pepin » 02 Jan 2015, 14:40

I wish I'd dream again that I had powers like those from The Matrix. Only happened once and it's been years since...but I rarely ever dream of being chased anymore. I also wish I'd dream of flying again cause that only happened once and was also pretty damned awesome!
Image Image
Click here, receive tweet: http://twitter.com/DaniellePepinAI
Robo4900

Postby Robo4900 » 02 Jan 2015, 22:33

I had a dream in which I was talking to my siblings, and then I said "You know what we haven't watched in a while? The Harry Potter movies." Then, suddenly, the entire dream became set in the Harry Potter universe.

In the dream, I was then in Hogwarts. I was going to sit at a table to eat, then someone was about to attack me(With a sword, I think), so I defended myself with an umbrella(Similar to the first few seconds of this YouTube clip I was recently linked to). Then everyone cheered(Like in the first Spider-Man movie when he punches the school bully). I then made my way to my seat next to my siblings.
Anyway, the dream took a turn for the weird around then, because Kryten from Red Dwarf started following me around, and the rest of the Dwarfers(Except for Lister) were also there for some reason.

Very soon, the dream evolved into me sneaking around, avoiding evil people chasing me. Apparently, I could basically make portals to certain places, so after going invisible(!), I learned about the devious plan of the evil people. I tried to escape via portal, but I was chased, and although I got away, Kryten got shot in the back of the head. I then became Lister and had an "It's on now!" moment.
And that's when I woke up.
Amake
First Video: Le Cafe

Postby Amake » 03 Jan 2015, 21:08

I had a dream that I think was my subconscious telling me I want to get laid. Congrats on that deduction, subconscious.

This girl I didn't know was pushing me, literally and figuratively, as we walked through the neighborhood where I grew up as a child, where it turned out I had now moved. I was trying to make it a slow stroll, get to know her, tell her about myself, point out some sights like an apartment building I dreamed got thrown some hundred meters and turned upside down in a storm several years ago where people now lived, as we shuffled through the ankle-deep snow in the dark, but she was very single-mindedly trying to get me home and to bed. She looked and acted a lot like Linda, if you remember Lester's second wife in Fargo the TV series, except the deferential, wilting thing Linda has going was just an act for her - she blushed furiously, over and over, about pushing me around and the hints she was giving me with her eyes and her body language about all the naughty things she was going to do to me, as if she couldn't believe how brash she was, but she did all this with an ironic wink.

She seems like an amazing woman. I have no idea how I got to be lucky enough to dream about someone like that being into me.

Then, once we made it into the apartment, things got weirder. My ex-stepbrother who I haven't talked to in I think 6 or 7 years, showed up to tell me about the time he slept with my nameless girlfriend, and she and I competed to see who could show him we cared less. I put on my best Walter-in-The-Big-Lebowski-talking-to-Jesus face, while she just stomped back and forth glaring impatiently at him.

Eventually we were alone. And then I noticed this was the apartment where the worst bully in second grade lived, who did some bad sex stuff to me when I (by Mom's orders) visited there. And then I woke up and was annoyed that nothing happened.
"I know I tend to sound like I think what I say is written in stone, but please ignore that. I assure you I'm well aware that I have no idea what I'm talking about." -Amake, 2015
My pseudonym is Ix
First Video: Canadian Girlfriend

Postby My pseudonym is Ix » 04 Jan 2015, 03:00

So... one of the side effects of my increased medication is that my dreams have become hyper-realistic, confusing and difficult to remember in detail. So while I don't really have any specific dream stories, I am currently spending life in a near-constant state of mild confusion, since I can't actually tell which of my memories are dreams and which actually happened.

I mean, I'm happy that the one about getting prosecuted for rugby-related offences turned out to be false, but I was genuinely worried for a while there.
"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not Image it after all."
Bebop Man
First Video: The Pirate Video

Postby Bebop Man » 05 Jan 2015, 10:30

I dreamt I was in a karaoke theater. Song tunes would play center-stage and everybody in the audience would join in from their seats. Eventually somebody from the audience rose and she was dressed in geisha garb, complete with face paint. The melody that started playing had been composed by her, so that only she knew what lyrics went with it. She was essentially showing off and marketing herself. Everybody boo'ed and we started leaving the theater. We were so outraged we didn't pay the entrance fee on the way out. Nobody tried to stop us either. Management was equally angered at the thing.

So I went up to my (non-existent) car to wait for my girlfriend and drive off. But she wouldn't get in because there were a bunch of carton boxes folded on the companion seat. And once I removed them, she refused to get in anyway, saying the car smelled funny.
Robo4900

Postby Robo4900 » 05 Jan 2015, 12:15

I had a dream in which my dad and I were trying to watch an animated musical Doctor Who story on circa 2009 YouTube, but the episodes were out of order.
viscomica
First Video: SPRING!

Postby viscomica » 08 Jan 2015, 15:13

Bebop Man wrote: So I went up to my (non-existent) car to wait for my girlfriend and drive off. But she wouldn't get in because there were a bunch of carton boxes folded on the companion seat. And once I removed them, she refused to get in anyway, saying the car smelled funny.

"Bebop, your non-existent car smells funny! "

Return to “General Discussion”