This thread is so gay

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Psyclone
First Video: Christmas Carolling on Halloween

Re: This thread is so gay

Postby Psyclone » 20 Dec 2011, 21:28

I may have mentioned this before, but I dislike "lesbian" simply because the sound of the word reminds more of old ladies and stale things. I make really logical connections. It is a little awkward though when people are like, "why don't you like being called a lesbian?" and I'm like, uhhhhh... no reason...
They/them/their pronouns

twitch: armadillorampant
Lord Hosk
First Video: Checkpoint: Into the breach
Location: Half and inch below the knuckle of the ring finger. MI

Postby Lord Hosk » 20 Dec 2011, 22:22

I was really nervous when I posted that because Im new here and don't fully know the dynamic around here but you guys have really really made me pleased that I found this community. I was asked to leave a forum one time after a discussion in which I posted my view and it wasn't someplace I was new like here, I was in the top twenty five contributors.

Nearly everyone said "I disagree with you" but in the discussion that followed everyone has examined and explained their own perspectives and not once criticized me or each other. I also think its great that while people have stated their own sexual preferences no one was told to F* off because "straits don't get it"

This place seems to boarder on true open mindedness.
Beware Bering Crystal Bears, Bearing Crystals. (Especially if the crystals they are bearing are, themselves, Bering Crystal Bears.) -Old, Stupid Proverb

[–]Graham_LRR
You hear that Khoo? We're almost better than the comic!
Aeralis
First Video: enn: Nerd Flu

Postby Aeralis » 20 Dec 2011, 23:03

Really? You were asked to leave because you had a unique opinion?

Wow, just... wow.

And yeah, it's always rather disheartening when I see (not here!) people try to say that straight people don't have a say in anything like this. They're just as much a part of the sexualilty spectrum as any of us!
Psyclone

Postby Psyclone » 20 Dec 2011, 23:29

We've had a few rough moments, but I don't think we've ever asked anyone to leave. I'm always glad that straight people don't feel like they have to stay out of the gay thread or something silly like that. I think as a general rule, LRRites are pretty open to other opinions, so we're a pretty chill community.
They/them/their pronouns

Avistew
First Video: Can't remember

Postby Avistew » 23 Dec 2011, 18:43

That's awesome and sweet, dackwards.
Check out my webcomic, The Meddlers! (Currently not updating)
tak197
Feito Com Fruta
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby tak197 » 01 Jan 2012, 16:17

Hey all, let's keep this thread in the top of the page.

So I'll be back later to give more details, but I had an amazing date with a guy today. Smiling a lot.
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!

Postby Master Gunner » 01 Jan 2012, 16:26

Hurray!
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
Duckay
First Video: Man Cooking

Postby Duckay » 01 Jan 2012, 18:45

That's awesome, Tak.
AlexanderDitto
Better Than the First Alexander
First Video: Desert Bus 1: The Original!

Postby AlexanderDitto » 02 Jan 2012, 09:05

Hooray Tak! Congrats! :mrgreen:
tak197
Feito Com Fruta

Postby tak197 » 02 Jan 2012, 10:39

Okay, time to recap.

So his name is Dan, and he is a very sweet guy. Plus he's a gamer and a nerd, which is like two plusses for me. It also doesn't hurt that he's cute.

We met at his place for our date yesterday at around noon. He drove us over to a local theater to go see Young Adult (side note: it's a bit dark humored, but it's really good. It was written by Diablo Cody, if that gives you any clues.) We ended up getting there an hour before the movie started, so he asked if I was hungry, which I was. He took me to his favorite diner, and we had burgers there. We then went back to watch the movie.

Now I'm not out, but I felt totally comfortable with him there. He had his arm around me, touching my neck and my shoulders and I didn't feel weird or self conscious. So after the movie, we walked around for a little bit, then went back to his place. He showed me his magic decks, then we started making out and cuddled for a while. I was so relaxed in his arms that I nearly fell asleep a few times. After a while I needed to go home, so we parted ways. Later, after I got home, he sent me an email saying how much he enjoyed the date, and that he wants to see me again. He also attached a YouTube video of Lifehouse's "First Time", saying it seemed appropriate.
Duckay
First Video: Man Cooking

Postby Duckay » 02 Jan 2012, 12:55

That all sounds really great, tak. Sounds like you really hit it off.

I hope this continues for you!
JustAName
First Video: Rapidfire I
Location: The Land of Unbearably Fashionable People and Lots of Cars

Postby JustAName » 02 Jan 2012, 13:06

:3 :3 :3 So happy for you, tak!
Alja-Markir wrote:Andy is the LRR Heart-throb.
Morgan is the LRR Crotch-throb.

And all I can do is read a book to stay awake. And it rips my life away, but it's a great escape.

Aeralis

Postby Aeralis » 02 Jan 2012, 18:47

*ahem*

D"AAAAWWW!!

...Sorry, that was just adorable. Super happy for ya!
Psyclone

Postby Psyclone » 04 Jan 2012, 22:55

Your news is the thing that's cheered me up the most after being sick all week, tak. I hope it goes well for you!
They/them/their pronouns

tak197
Feito Com Fruta

Postby tak197 » 09 Jan 2012, 09:40

Aww thanks guys!

He is such a sweet nice guy. I think it's too soon to use the big L yet, but I went to hang out with him on Saturday, and you know what we did?

A lot of dirty talk. "You're going down." "I'm gonna wreck you so bad."

...oops, I meant nerdy talk. We were playing Magic, and he helped me put together two decks, even giving me cards of his to complete one of the decks. Then he proceeded to beat me twice with a metalcraft artifact deck and his "tame" elven deck.
Merrymaker_Mortalis
First Video: ENN's First Episode on Escapist

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 09 Jan 2012, 16:05

I need help.

I'm in an active and small internet gaming community (we use mumble) who play various games like HoN and SWTOR.

There's this member who's Swedish who I've gotten quite attached to in an affectionate way. I find him physically attractive (the Swedish members went to Dreamhack Winter 2011 and uploaded pictures of their time there so I saw what he looked like). I had a passive interest before, but, one occasion humours banter was being thrown around in guild chat and I said something quite flirtatious and he replied with something equally flirtatious. I mean, this rarely happens. Often it's ignored. He seems to find a lot of deliberately awful humour entertaining and is very eager to help me do Heroic quests.

The problem is, I don't know if he's this way inclined. I've been in situations like this before and I wasted a good year before I found out. Thing is, the men I get attracted to are not stereotypically homosexual or flamboyant, in fact it strongly puts me off. So... yes.

What should I do? I'm 'crushing' (I can't spell inflatuated and I'm worried) quite badly over them. A sort of 'need' to be with them, be it virtually or w/e. God damn it. Why can't I get crushes on single women who enjoy playing video games, would be so much easier.

I'm also aware that I might be deeply lonely and I am 'jumping' at an opportunity of someone who is 'offering' deep affection. God damn it.
Aeralis

Postby Aeralis » 09 Jan 2012, 16:15

OK, first thing's first: Is any kind of long-distance thing, be it a relationship or just a strong friendship, something you can actually do? This is important, and it would be awful to put that much effort into something that will ultimately fall apart and maybe even make things worse.

If "no," try not to get too involved. A crush is a crush, and a crush is easy to stamp out without too much effort. Maybe give yourself a few days away from the game to think and reflect.

If "yes," you have two options. If you're confident enough to try it, there's the direct approach. Be a bit more aggressive with your flirting, see where it goes, and if it looks promising, just ask him. From what little I've heard about it, it doesn't seem like he'd react badly. Or you could go the cautious route, and just keep on doing what you're doing. Flirt a bit and see what happens. It could naturally develop into something more, and he may even ask you about it first. If there is an actual interest there, I'm sure he's in the same mindset you are.
Merrymaker_Mortalis

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 09 Jan 2012, 16:52

It could be. I would be willing to say move to Sweden and live with them if it evolved into that. We spend a lot of time on-line anyway on Mumble so communications would be often (texting would cost the earth).
I jokingly asked if he was looking for a room-mate with regards to a different matter (I have AWFUL internet atm and I was going to joke and say I could steal his) and he said he would like it. So... it's all very... I'm hesitant. I don't want disappointment again, which I often experience with love-interests. They're either already in a relationship or don't swing that way or they're psycho stalkers who want to Skype with me 24/7.

My problem is that I do want children when I'm older. I have a fatherly nature. Protective. I suppose in general if my attachment towards a male partner was strong enough I would be willing to not have biological children. If I was desperate for biological children perhaps biology by then might have solved the issue of not being able to clone a sperm cell, or we could artificially inseminate each other's sisters (Yes, I have thought of this).

A side note. He has an addiction to winking smilies which he only uses towards me. He's been unable to explain this. One problem with being aggressively flirtatious is that heterosexual men enjoy being ironically homosexual. Blood mixed signals.

My 'specifications' of a love interest is quite restrictive. For a start they must enjoy gaming or accept it's an interest of mine. Secondly won't risk me at isolating myself from my friends. I have known people who have being antisocial bigguts since getting a girlfriend. I understand undying affection and attention is typical of romance,but it's nice to acknowledge other human beings once in a while. So a concern of mine is when someone potentially 'available' appears I get rather, desperate because I'm a wonley internet nerd.
Aeralis

Postby Aeralis » 09 Jan 2012, 18:32

In my experience, heterosexual men only play homosexual in two situations:
1) They're doing physically stupid stuff with their friends in a social or party environment where alcohol is most likely present.
2) They're just a colossal jerkass that enjoys messing with people.

Internet doesn't allow for option 1, and if he's secretly option 2, then you'd be better off without someone like him in the first place!

Anyway, I just went through a bit of a crush with one of my new co-workers. Before I got to know him, I was reading way too into things, and was sure he was flirting with me a little bit. I eventually came to the conclusion that, no, he wasn't flirting, I was just struck dumb and really wanted him to be flirting with me, so I let my mind run with it.

So don't read too much into obscure things he says, like saying he'd like to be roommates in a completely unrelated topic. It could just be the crush talking.

But that's not to say that there isn't something! It definitely sounds like this needs more investigation, and could possibly lead to somewhere awesome. Just keep at it, but be careful not to go inserting signals where there are none. :)
theDreamer
First Video: Quantum Documentary

Postby theDreamer » 09 Jan 2012, 18:41

or 3) they're comfortable with their friends, and not willing to joking discuss things like "you're DEFINITELY the only man for me" and such

calling me a douche or a drunk, thanks.
I can put my hands in my head, and I can laugh it in the face.
Aeralis

Postby Aeralis » 09 Jan 2012, 20:30

Note how I said "In my experience." My experience is not all experience.
Merrymaker_Mortalis

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 10 Jan 2012, 05:01

Thank you for your advice. I find it hard to discuss matters of this nature with anyone. My parents are not bisexual and nor should it matter to them of my sexuality. I don't have any bisexual friends except for a girl. But I'm not in common talk with her and she's a lady whilst I am not.

I'll see what happens. I will also not get my hopes up just in case I assume wrongly.
theDreamer
First Video: Quantum Documentary

Postby theDreamer » 10 Jan 2012, 09:20

Unwilling* I should add.

Damned typos.
I can put my hands in my head, and I can laugh it in the face.
Psyclone

Postby Psyclone » 11 Jan 2012, 19:18

I'd like to meet your friends, Dreamer. My experiences with straight men acting gay have been pretty much like Aeralis's.
They/them/their pronouns

Return to “General Discussion”