This thread is so gay

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Bananafish

Re: This thread is so gay

Postby Bananafish » 11 Jul 2010, 03:59

sdhonda wrote:modern TV: mostly middle to upper class whites.

yes, this pretty much sums up television (and is a main problem). The Wire is okay though
Metcarfre
First Video: Not Applicable

Postby Metcarfre » 11 Jul 2010, 11:13

Man, The Wire is SO GOOD. I just started watching it and am halfway through the second season.

Omar is like the ultimate anti-stereotypical gay character (unless it's the whole "make stereotype - enforce - subvert" thing...). An inner-city black homosexual man who makes his living by robbing drug dealers and EVERYONE fears him. The Freudian interpretations of that shotgun are crazy. He's totally unapologetic about his sexuality too. A subplot of the first season is him going on a vendetta, killing tons of guys after his (male) lover is killed.

Question for our resident gays (homosexuals? sorry if I'm not PC enough). Do you take 'roles' like top/bottom, take turns, or what? Yes I'm aware it's a weird question.
Agloriouscuppa
First Video: Unskippable

Postby Agloriouscuppa » 11 Jul 2010, 12:43

metcarfre wrote:Question for our resident gays (homosexuals? sorry if I'm not PC enough). Do you take 'roles' like top/bottom, take turns, or what? Yes I'm aware it's a weird question.

It never ceases to amaze me how curious people are about this. But I'm still going to answer so prepare yourselves for some holy crap might be considered graphic and is most certainly not polite table conversation answer, so I put it in spoiler text so those who don't want to read aren't forced too.

I personally don't stick to just top or bottom, I'm flexible and enjoy both though I guess ultimately if I did have to pick I'd prefer bottoming. My ex used to say he would only bottom but towards the end he was becoming more and more top so my guess is that he was moving towards being a switch. What it really ever boils down to for me is who asks for what. If hes all take me now, then I guess I'm topping; but most of the time the way it happens for me is just a sort of unspoken thing who ever is topping will just sort of move the other around or probe areas for a reaction. So yeah, welcome to my dirty mind.

I proclaim myself Lord of Gaishire (see what I did there) unafraid to approach awkward topics of the homosexual.
It doesnt help does it?

Shameless Deviant Art plug... Twitter
aeric90
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby aeric90 » 11 Jul 2010, 12:46

No... not a weird question.

Most guys I know identify themselves at least as having a preference for top or bottom if they're into anal. Many are perfectly willing to be versatile but will usually prefer one over the other. It's not necessarily a 'role' though, just a position. For example, there are some aggressive, sometimes domineering bottoms. The role association is a bit of a misconception. I myself am primarily a top with versatile urges when the mood strikes.

And gays is just fine by me.
Join The War Against Pants
http://twitter.com/aeric90
Theremin
First Video: A girl must have some secrets.

Postby Theremin » 11 Jul 2010, 13:07

Agloriouscuppa wrote:-Dirty, filthy, explicit hidden text-

Hurray for you!

The world needs more bottoms.
Agloriouscuppa

Postby Agloriouscuppa » 11 Jul 2010, 15:26

Theremin wrote:
Agloriouscuppa wrote:-Dirty, filthy, explicit hidden text-

Hurray for you!

The world needs more bottoms.

You mean to tell me there arent enough? WHERE!? I must move to that place.
It doesnt help does it?

aeric90

Postby aeric90 » 11 Jul 2010, 15:39

Theremin wrote:The world needs more bottoms.

This is not what I've heard. In fact people told me Toronto is known as 'The City of Bottoms'... adding to their mystification on why I am single.
Theremin

Postby Theremin » 11 Jul 2010, 16:02

It's just that as someone who gives and is only interested in giving, I would like to see a world populated by many moist availiable orifices.
Agloriouscuppa

Postby Agloriouscuppa » 11 Jul 2010, 16:07

How romantic..
It doesnt help does it?

aeric90

Postby aeric90 » 11 Jul 2010, 16:17

Theremin wrote:It's just that as someone who gives and is only interested in giving, I would like to see a world populated by many moist availiable orifices.

This coming from the person that censored 'dirty, explicit stuff'?
Agloriouscuppa

Postby Agloriouscuppa » 11 Jul 2010, 16:21

aeric90 wrote:
Theremin wrote:It's just that as someone who gives and is only interested in giving, I would like to see a world populated by many moist availiable orifices.

Actually I did that, in my original post I believe he was merely extending the courtesy.
It doesnt help does it?

AlexanderDitto
Better Than the First Alexander
First Video: Desert Bus 1: The Original!

Postby AlexanderDitto » 11 Jul 2010, 16:44

So... yes. Uh... I figure this is the best place for this.

I'm gay.

Erm. Yes. So! I haven't actually come out to anyone. In real life, I mean. I'm not planning on coming out to my parents (since I know it would produce virtually no positive effects and would only strain our relationship), but I've been thinking...

I have one really, really close friend. She's been my friend since high school. She's pretty much the only really good, really close friend I have. I've been thinking about coming out to her. Honestly, I wouldn't, since I think one's sexuality is kind of a private thing and really has very little bearing on our friendship, really, but my parents have, in the past, been very "wink wink, nudge nudge" whenever we're both in town and I tell them I'm going out to get lunch with her or whatever, and I want to make sure that I'm not... well, honestly, I don't want her to be under the impression that I'm leading her on.

I hope it's not the case! I can't... imagine that she'd think that. She certainly doesn't act that way around me. But it seems that most people consider a guy and a girl going out for lunch as a "date," which I think is preposterous. Then again, I've certainly kept no secret of the fact how much I like Neil Patrick Harris, and I'm pretty damn obsessed with Glee. :P

You guys seem a level headed bunch. Is it worthwhile? I'll probably be seeing her in New York in a couple of weeks. I wouldn't want to tell her over the phone, I'd prefer to say it in person...

(In all honesty, I'd guess that several other people [all girls... all of my friends are girls...] probably have guessed that I am, two people in particular have jokingly said things implying that I was.... I just... it's never seemed like something I needed to tell them.)
Metcarfre
First Video: Not Applicable

Postby Metcarfre » 11 Jul 2010, 16:56

AlexanderDitto wrote:Then again, I've certainly kept no secret of the fact how much I like Neil Patrick Harris, and I'm pretty damn obsessed with Glee.

Whoawhoawhoawhoawhoa. First of all, these things hardly point to ones sexuality - I myself, a committed straight man (er... not in the comedic sense) enjoy both the comedic and musical stylings of Mr. Harris and the joyful exuberance of the popular FOX musical/comedy show Glee.

Ahem.

Firstly, thank you, Ditto. I know it takes a lot of guts to come out to anybody, let alone the ravenous mob of internet forumites.

Secondly, as to whether you should come out to your friend; I am of the opinion that honesty is always the best policy.
aeric90

Postby aeric90 » 11 Jul 2010, 17:02

AlexanderDitto wrote:I'm gay.

Thanks for sharing with us and welcome to our merry band of homos! :)

I too think that you should absolutely be honest. If you're worried about giving her the wrong idea than getting together for coffee at a non-date time would probably be best.
Bananafish

Postby Bananafish » 11 Jul 2010, 17:10

B-FISH AND
I dunked my head into the quivering pool 'Brrrrhhhffff' I went and 'Barruyfffffff' the hole returned, with some 'bloop' as the bubbles rose and popped. I glanced around but no one was there so I stuck my head in deeper and was surrounded by a gurgling giggling unlike any other; high pitched yet echoing deeply and resolutely within every crevice of my mind
T
HE

A fish popped out, a slim fish, and he said (to me) "Before you can pass into the land of delights you must be proven worthy!" Fine, I replied, and just then he jumped into my mouth and swam down my gullet. I could feel his slimy torso jutting past my lungs and I felt a pang of pain as he hit my stomach; I heard the distinct sound of eggs being spawned and felt like retching.
MAGIC
Moments later the eggs hatched and miniature versions of the original King fish swam out through my nostrils and earholes, everywhere imaginable, I cried and slithered on the floor like an epileptic eel until all of the demons were expelled. "You have failed" was all he said as he climbed out from under my eye socket and hopped back into the pool. I vomited again to expel all of the eggs but within the chunks there was a card and on it that simply read 'Lord Fish Theremin of Oriface Kingdom'
ORIFA
CE

it was truly the strangest encounter I ever had and recanted it repeatedly to my relatives and relations who bore me no grudge for my obviously false tale and understood that I merely sought attention. In two thousand expeditions I have yet to meet another hole quite like it and the original mysteriously disappeared, but as I breathe my last I find comfort in death, for in life I was given a golden opportunity; far more than what many other mortals get.
AlexanderDitto

Postby AlexanderDitto » 11 Jul 2010, 17:16

metcarfre wrote:
Whoawhoawhoawhoawhoa. First of all, these things hardly point to ones sexuality - I myself, a committed straight man (er... not in the comedic sense) enjoy both the comedic and musical stylings of Mr. Harris and the joyful exuberance of the popular FOX musical/comedy show Glee.

Ahem.

Oh certainly! These things are indicative of nothing more than good taste. I apologize for my terrible humor.

aeric90 wrote: If you're worried about giving her the wrong idea than getting together for coffee at a non-date time would probably be best.

OK, so that right there is the problem. What is a non-date time? Are there specific times and places one goes for this sort of thing?

I have always held that high school/college dating is a foolish waste of time. Thus, I have no grasp of the protocols humans utilize in regards to this subject! The responses I have gathered from surveying others varies wildly, from "it's not dating unless there's smooching," to "if you are within 20 feet of someone, you're on a date with them."

People are strange!

I cannot imagine she has the wrong idea... we've been friends for nearly six years now, she's seriously my best, best friend. But... since my sister has gotten a boyfriend, and everyone just kind of assumes that they're going to get married, my parents have focused their scopes on me, and it's making me very conscious of the fact that all of my friends are girls and I have no idea where I "stand" with any of them.
Theremin

Postby Theremin » 11 Jul 2010, 17:19

Agloriouscuppa wrote:How romantic..

Hey, I can be romantic when I'm in a position to enjoy them. For now, i'm just being practical.
aeric90 wrote:

And I'm allowed to do that because as well as being forgetful, perverted and depressive, I'm also a hypocrite.
Theremin

Postby Theremin » 11 Jul 2010, 17:22

I don't mean to be rude saying this, so if I'm out of line please call me on it.

But...I totally knew it! :D
aeric90

Postby aeric90 » 11 Jul 2010, 17:26

AlexanderDitto wrote:OK, so that right there is the problem. What is a non-date time? Are there specific times and places one goes for this sort of thing?

Well you've been friends for a long time right? Therefore you've been able to hang out before without it being considered a date?

Generally non-date times are lunch and immediately following the work day in my opinion.
Cybren

Postby Cybren » 11 Jul 2010, 17:29

Ditto, do you not want to come out because you don't think it's important for you to do, for whatever reason, or because you're afraid of repercussions?

At any rate, my misogyny wants me to tell you to continue 'leading her on', if that's what she thinks you're doing, as retribution for all the women that have done that to me. So don't come out to her at all. In fact, ask her to go to increasingly romantic venues.
AlexanderDitto

Postby AlexanderDitto » 11 Jul 2010, 17:55

Cybren wrote:Ditto, do you not want to come out because you don't think it's important for you to do, for whatever reason, or because you're afraid of repercussions?

I just... it's kind of weird! It's not a typical conversation topic! I don't want our relationship to change. I don't think it will! But... I don't know. Hoes does one bring it up?

Cybren wrote:At any rate, my misogyny wants me to tell you to continue 'leading her on', if that's what she thinks you're doing, as retribution for all the women that have done that to me. So don't come out to her at all. In fact, ask her to go to increasingly romantic venues.

You are a terrible person and I am not taking your advice. D:<
I don't think she thinks I'm leading her on! I mean, I don't think so. She's my closest friend! BUT HOW WOULD I KNOW I HAVE NO IDEA.

aeric90 wrote:
AlexanderDitto wrote:OK, so that right there is the problem. What is a non-date time? Are there specific times and places one goes for this sort of thing?

Well you've been friends for a long time right? Therefore you've been able to hang out before without it being considered a date?

Generally non-date times are lunch and immediately following the work day in my opinion.

Yeah, we go out to lunch every time we're both back in our hometown. I've never thought of it as a date! But then, in high school/college I would go out to lunch or dinner with friend(s) and I never considered it a date! But various people (other graduate students I've mentioned this to) have told me that those were ALL dates! All of them, retroactively! D:

AUGH PEOPLE ARE SO COMPLICATED.

Theremin wrote:

I don't mean to be rude saying this, so if I'm out of line please call me on it.

:mrgreen:
Lavos
Lavos
First Video: 1337

Postby Lavos » 11 Jul 2010, 17:57

<- gay
i dont know what's happening anymore
aeric90

Postby aeric90 » 11 Jul 2010, 18:11

AlexanderDitto wrote:Yeah, we go out to lunch every time we're both back in our hometown. I've never thought of it as a date! But then, in high school/college I would go out to lunch or dinner with friend(s) and I never considered it a date! But various people (other graduate students I've mentioned this to) have told me that those were ALL dates! All of them, retroactively! D:

Simple answer here. They don't matter! :D
tak197
Feito Com Fruta
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby tak197 » 11 Jul 2010, 18:11

Theremin wrote:I don't mean to be rude saying this, so if I'm out of line please call me on it.

A) I thought that there was some unwritten rule about "outing" people in general. Granted this is a pretty closeknit community but it still feels like it may be a faux-pas.

B) With regards to "coming out timing", I think it's like sharing any major decision in your life with people who matter to you. You know in your heart that the timing is right, but it's critical that you surround yourself with the people who support you no matter what.
tak197
Feito Com Fruta
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby tak197 » 11 Jul 2010, 18:13

Lavos wrote:<- gay

*looks at signature*

Somehow I doubt it...

Return to “General Discussion”