Any Gargoyles fans here?Or want TNG stars on your voicemail?

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Darkflame
First Video: Quantum Documentary

Any Gargoyles fans here?Or want TNG stars on your voicemail?

Postby Darkflame » 22 Apr 2015, 09:03

Probably a long shot, but I'm quite a fan of the old animated series Gargoyles - its right up there with Batman:TAS for me in terms of how to tell great stories and work regardless of the age of the audience.

The writer/creator of that show recently wrote some books based on a older animated project that never got picked up. I havnt read them, but in general I am a fan of his work.(Spectacular Spider-man, Young Justice..)

Anyway, seems he got a lot of his voiceacting friends together to kickstarter a audio play of it;

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/16 ... escription

Not getting much attention (only 300 backers!), which is a shame, as lots of people get quite upset when stuff he writes is cancelled. The whimms of the internet just haven't picked up on it - despite various "nerd" sites that would host campaigns about stuff like Young Justice not being renewed. Who cares about the writer eh?

Anyway, if you got a few hundred dollars, you can get Marina Sirtis or Brent Spiner to do you a message. Various other people have sold out.
If you want Jim Cummings (Darkwing Duck, amongst hundreds of other things) your out of luck.
http://www.fanficmaker.com <-- Tells some truly terrible tales.
--
Last update; Mice,Plumbers,Animatronics and Airbenders. We also have the socials; Facebook & G+. Give us a like if you can, it all helps.
AdmiralMemo
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Re: Any Gargoyles fans here?Or want TNG stars on your voicem

Postby AdmiralMemo » 22 Apr 2015, 09:09

Looks interesting, but I lack the money currently.
Graham wrote:The point is: Nyeh nyeh nyeh. I'm an old man.
LRRcast wrote:Paul: That does not answer that question at all.
James: Who cares about that question? That's a good answer.

Darkflame
First Video: Quantum Documentary

Re: Any Gargoyles fans here?Or want TNG stars on your voicem

Postby Darkflame » 24 Apr 2015, 07:37

Yeah, well, it got funded - just - but I cant believe the lack of attention this has got given all the "nerd" sites I follow.
Just makes me sad no one has heard of it.

Stretch goals is to make a comic - artwork looks nice - but seems unlikely they will reach even the first issues goal.
Pitty as with comic art + quality voice actors already made Id have offered to knock up a motion comic for them. (I love that sort of editing...)
http://www.fanficmaker.com <-- Tells some truly terrible tales.
--
Last update; Mice,Plumbers,Animatronics and Airbenders. We also have the socials; Facebook & G+. Give us a like if you can, it all helps.

Return to “General Discussion”