BK Burger Shots

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
ExtraSensory
First Video: 3 PS3s

BK Burger Shots

Postby ExtraSensory » 13 Feb 2009, 15:10

So, Burger King (at least here in America) has this new product called Burger Shots.
In concept, they are supposed to be similar to mini-burgers or white castle sliders. I ordered some of them (they come in a pack of six) and to my surprise, when I opened them, found that they were all connected.
Not as in stuck together, connected as in all of the buns were just one oddly shaped bun, and the beef patties were all one oddly shaped patty. I literally had to peel apart each burger from the rest of the pack.

Just a heads up. Things like this are important to know.
Evil Jim
First Video: Shake Your Hands

Postby Evil Jim » 13 Feb 2009, 15:12

Thanks for the warning.

Not very manly.
Arius wrote:People were just so awestruck by your awesomeness that they became catatonic.
ThrashJazzAssassin wrote:BURN HIM! BURN THE HERETIC! DEATH TO ALL WHO SCORN THE AWESOMENESS OF EVIL JIM!
ExtraSensory

Postby ExtraSensory » 13 Feb 2009, 15:17

I would agree, but I think that one giant burger the size of six mini burgers is probably more manly than six separate tiny burgers.

...HAAAAH?
Evil Jim

Postby Evil Jim » 13 Feb 2009, 15:46

True. To increase manliness: do not separate.
Arius wrote:People were just so awestruck by your awesomeness that they became catatonic.
ThrashJazzAssassin wrote:BURN HIM! BURN THE HERETIC! DEATH TO ALL WHO SCORN THE AWESOMENESS OF EVIL JIM!
Metcarfre
First Video: Not Applicable

Postby Metcarfre » 13 Feb 2009, 15:53

What if you blended them and turned them into burger shooters? That would be pretty manly. Especially with hot sauce.
Cake
Magically Delicious

Postby Cake » 13 Feb 2009, 16:33

Burger shots have been aroung for about 2 years. Hardly anything new about them.
Wil Wheaton says "Game over, Moonpie."
Sable
The Master Chef
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby Sable » 13 Feb 2009, 16:38

metcarfre wrote:What if you blended them and turned them into burger shooters? That would be pretty manly. Especially with hot sauce.

This suggestion, like the Fast Food Smoothies, makes me want to barf.
iEatNinjaZ
Location: My Amazing Underwater World of Underwater Wonder That Is Under The Water™

Postby iEatNinjaZ » 13 Feb 2009, 16:53

id eat it....

Evil Jim wrote:
Not very manly.

orly?
CtMolloy

Postby CtMolloy » 13 Feb 2009, 16:55

they sound pretty wussy to me.
JesterJ.

Postby JesterJ. » 13 Feb 2009, 16:58

Why don't you just get 6 full-sized burgers? Pussy.
"Good thing we got Jester to carry." -Morgan, January 20th, 2009
Dominic Appleguard

Postby Dominic Appleguard » 13 Feb 2009, 17:17

iEatNinjaZ wrote:Image

There is nothing remotely appetizing about that.
masamune
First Video: -

Postby masamune » 13 Feb 2009, 20:07

lol burger shot. wonder if r* has to fight for the trademark.
that sounds pretty gross, really. looks like those really squishy white rolls guaranteed to clog your bowels. i get my burgers at one place and one place only. it is not a franchise.
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 13 Feb 2009, 20:18

I once had home-made burgers, those were delicious. And by "home made", I mean my host offered to show me the carcass they came from after I was done. I think he was joking about still having the carcass around, but it was a beef farm.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
tak197
Feito Com Fruta
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby tak197 » 13 Feb 2009, 20:46

At this one diner in town, "Baby's", they sell whimpies and teeny-weeies.

Wimpies are basically sliders. You can order them in chicken or beef, and in singles, doubles, platters (2 with fries), half-sack(6) and full sack (12). A full sack I believe costs 6 bucks or so.

Teeny-weenies are 79 cent hot fudge sundaes that are perfectly sized for the lactose intolerant, such as my mom, who ate one and didn't need medication for her stomach. They are served in the dipper cups you get your side order of salsa in from Taco Bell, about 5 oz.

While they may not seem manly, they are really quick and tasty. The service is also really quick too, with a full soda fountain with flavored sodas, and every table has a small jukebox with 2 songs for 25 cents. In short, it's a 50's style diner with great food and great prices.
korri
First Video: I honestly can't remember...

Postby korri » 13 Feb 2009, 20:47

those don't look remotely appetizing
Hello world, remember me? I'm the sad little fuck that you failed to see, who you should have recognized When you had the chance. Hello motherfuckers now its time to dance

my photos! => http://korrinn.deviantart.com
Yukikaze

Postby Yukikaze » 13 Feb 2009, 21:11

JesterJ. wrote:Why don't you just get 6 full-sized burgers? Pussy.

A Whopper Jr. at BK costs $1. Six Whopper Jr. burgers would cost $6 and change(sales tax). Six-pack of Burger Shots costs $4 and change.(sales tax) I paid less for a six-pack of Burger Shots than I did for equivalently less beef & bun that I ordered at the same time today.

I had those(well, 5 of them), along with an Angry Whopper meal, an order of cinna buns, and an order of French Toast sticks for breakfast today. They taste about like typical BK hamburgers, but they have WAY too much mustard on 'em. I don't like mustard, and I had to wipe it off my hands after handling every one of 'em.

They're a good value, but I won't be ordering them again.
CtMolloy

Postby CtMolloy » 13 Feb 2009, 22:17

I think the angry whopper is teh best name for a burger. Mostly the angry part. It makes me chuckle.
ExtraSensory

Postby ExtraSensory » 13 Feb 2009, 22:27

despite being one awkwardly shaped burger disguised as six, it wasn't too bad.
I would go so far as to say I would eat it again.

And masamune, so you know, the only reason I ordered them to begin with was because of Burger Shot in GTAIV.
masamune
First Video: -

Postby masamune » 13 Feb 2009, 23:05

ExtraSensory wrote:And masamune, so you know, the only reason I ordered them to begin with was because of Burger Shot in GTAIV.

i had a feeling. i'd do the same.
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 13 Feb 2009, 23:21

iEatNinjaZ wrote:Image

orly?

I think you've made them plenty manly. I am fully behind this picture.
Allen!
Uwe Boll Fanboy

Postby Allen! » 13 Feb 2009, 23:22

Whatever,we've seen Morgan stack like ten of those damned cheeseburgers together.

Mind you, he got REALLY sick afterwards.
PSNid: Obee1
XboxLive: LastErrand
Undefeated Lord of Donuts
King Kool
Quality and Quantity

Postby King Kool » 13 Feb 2009, 23:47

I've had them, and what I don't understand is why Burger King has made a burger that tastes just like a McDonald's hamburger. That just puzzles me.

I really like the Angry Whopper. That is good.
a winner is you. - Ash
King Kool, you are wrong. - Graham
King Kool, shut your face. - James
This thread was creepy until KingKool made it AWESOME. - Tombrend
Why this obsession with foam implements? - Metcarfre
Evil Jim

Postby Evil Jim » 13 Feb 2009, 23:49

I've never been to White Castle before as the chain has not come to my area, but I do usually drive past a couple whenever I go down to Chicago. A friend of mine has warned me against the food there & mutters something about "sliders," usually while shaking her head. Until recently I did not know this was their trademark little burgers. I thought sliders was what you get after eating those little burgers. Ick. I don't know if I'll ever eat there but the little burgers are still cute, sliders or no.
empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby empath » 14 Feb 2009, 05:54

Evil Jim wrote:Until recently I did not know this was their trademark little burgers. I thought sliders was what you get after eating those little burgers. Ick. I don't know if I'll ever eat there but the little burgers are still cute, sliders or no.

Actually, those sliders do have a reputation for 'what happens after'. You don't so much buy food at White Castle, as merely rent it for a about an hour. :)

Although one could say that of many different fast food franchises - I find I get the same result from a local Wendy's.
Yukikaze

Postby Yukikaze » 14 Feb 2009, 13:06

I just had a couple of Wendy's Jr. Bacon Cheeseburgers for breakfast today. Totalled to just over half as much beef as a 6-pack of BK Burger Shots, cost only $2, and I'd forgotten how awesome Wendy's tastes.

Return to “General Discussion”