Pro Wrestling Discussion Thread

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
DennyR
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Re: Pro Wrestling Discussion Thread

Postby DennyR » 25 Apr 2016, 00:36

Finally got around to buying my ticket to the UK in July so I can go to a Revolution Pro Wrestling show, the Summer Sizzler. So far they've got Tomohiro Ishii and Katsuyori Shibata, but I'm pretty excited to see who else they'll have over. In my dream world, I'll get to see a few more of the Bullet Club lads.

Edit: Some of the qualifying matches have taken place for the WWE Cruiserweight tournament, spoilers for those interested: Zack Sabre Jr. and Jack Gallagher beat Flash Morgan Webster and “Bruiserweight” Pete Dunne respectively to qualify. I wouldn't be too surprised if Zack ended up signed by WWE at some point really.
ExhaustedElox
First Video: Early Checkpoint episodes on PATV

Not in reply, but putting forward a new idea

Postby ExhaustedElox » 25 Apr 2016, 13:46

I sent this idea to Graham. After I did, I thought I should check the forum to see if there was a thread to post it to. So, here we go.

After seeing the Raw episodes after WM32, I was struck by an idea and I don't have wrestling friends to run this by.

The heel turn for Roman is how I figured he should be once he got the title. He's arrogant because he realizes he's at the top; by definition, everyone is beneath him. So seeing him condescend to Sami Zayn makes sense to me. What it should do is light a fire under Dean Ambrose. There should be a promo where he pulls Roman aside and the focus should be Dean asking Roman "What are you doing? You're doing to these guys what Triple H did to you. The man said you don't deserve the title and now you're deciding how deserves it now, rather than settling it in the ring."

I can picture how the promo ends and the exchange plays out like this.

Roman: "Dean, just because we are friends, don't start having delusions of grandeur and think you can talk to me like this."

Dean: "Delusions of Grandeur? You're still wearing your SHIELD gear! Get it through your head, Roman; the Shield is dead, Rawlins killed it. I've moved on. It seems the only one with delusions around here is YOU!"

And then Roman finally attacks Dean.

This sets up the whole year, leading into Wrestlemania 33. You have a series of marquee matches between the two. Maybe the title changes hands, but then there is a rematch because of how the match ended. Then, at WM 33, you have the Brawl for it all. No DQ, or I Quit, or Hell in a Cell match for the title between Dean and Roman. I don't care too much about who wins because it is all about the next night.

THEN on the night after WM 33, while the champ is celebrating in the ring...

Seth Rawlins comes back for his title. He should be fully healed and back in shape for wrestling by then. And this gives him the chance to come back as a face if Roman retains the title.

*mic drop* Boom....
Does anyone know who's in charge? I'd like to file a grievance.
Elomin Sha
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Elomin Sha » 25 Apr 2016, 14:14

The earliest Rollins will be back is August. I don't think they'll keep him away for so long.
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
https://displate.com/elominsha/galleries
If you need art, I take commissions, PM me.
Antitonic

Postby Antitonic » 26 Apr 2016, 08:36

Marginally related, but some people here might like it: Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 just released its demo version, with the full version coming out next week. So if you didn't like how WrestleMania (or a multitude of other events) turned out, here's your chance to make it "like it should have been".

WWE meets Football Manager, minus the "gameplay".

Grey Dog Software site
MagisterMystax
First Video: The Innistrad hat draft on MTGO academy

Postby MagisterMystax » 27 Apr 2016, 01:52

What happened to women's wrestling? I was expecting to see more of it now that the Divas' title has been replaced with the Womens' title, not less. For the last few Raws, we've only had a single women's match, and it's usually something for the Charlotte v. Natalya feud. Becky v. Emma has really drifted to the background, and I think we haven't seen Sasha since Wrestlemania.
I stream video games every friday at 19:00 GMT, at http://www.twitch.tv/magistermystax
Elomin Sha

Postby Elomin Sha » 27 Apr 2016, 04:54

Maybe they're preparing something, a rewrite to storylines so they're not terrible and orientated around Total Divas. Since that show started matches only happened to promote the show.
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
Elomin Sha

Postby Elomin Sha » 02 May 2016, 03:02

Lot of Hey Arnold fans in the crowd last night.
And ouch, that match ended quickly.

Okay, what bull was that women's match? Missed spots and hesitation throughout and a crap version of a Montreal Screwjob to end the match. Natalya and Charlotte's match on Raw 3 weeks ago was far better. Bret was really stoic, no signs of coaching from ringside, yes he jsut came of a cancer scare but some vocalisation would have helped. That match shouldn't have happened.
MrPayneTrayne
First Video: The Lich King's New Wrath

Postby MrPayneTrayne » 02 May 2016, 04:16

Thoughts on Camp WWE?
Join the LoadingReadyRunners Fitocracy group!
http://www.fitocracy.com/group/4504/

First LoadingReadyCosplayer! By a hair, the two dresses from CPt absolutely destroyed my closet cosplay.
Elomin Sha

Postby Elomin Sha » 02 May 2016, 09:56

Yet to see it, kind of curious but not sure.
MrPayneTrayne
First Video: The Lich King's New Wrath

Postby MrPayneTrayne » 02 May 2016, 10:45

Giving it a solid 6 or 7 outta 10. Nothing game changing but worth a giggle.
Join the LoadingReadyRunners Fitocracy group!
http://www.fitocracy.com/group/4504/

First LoadingReadyCosplayer! By a hair, the two dresses from CPt absolutely destroyed my closet cosplay.
DennyR

Postby DennyR » 03 May 2016, 00:58

Elomin Sha wrote:Lot of Hey Arnold fans in the crowd last night.
And ouch, that match ended quickly.

Okay, what bull was that women's match? Missed spots and hesitation throughout and a crap version of a Montreal Screwjob to end the match. Natalya and Charlotte's match on Raw 3 weeks ago was far better. Bret was really stoic, no signs of coaching from ringside, yes he jsut came of a cancer scare but some vocalisation would have helped. That match shouldn't have happened.

I'd probably be pissed off too if I knew yet another Screwjob reference was coming, it's like WWE think that's the only thing any fan remembers about his career. It's been almost 20 years, let the frigging thing go WWE!

I haven't worked up the will to watch the main event of Payback yet. I know AJ can pull a good match out of most people, but I just can't bear to watch another Reigns main event.
Elomin Sha

Postby Elomin Sha » 03 May 2016, 02:49

It's was kind of meh. AJ boasted he always has the matches of his life. Didn't really happen.
MagisterMystax
First Video: The Innistrad hat draft on MTGO academy

Postby MagisterMystax » 03 May 2016, 03:32

I enjoyed it. It wasn't the match of AJ's life, but easily one of Roman's best. In general, I'd say this feud has succeeded in getting me to not mind Roman any more.
I stream video games every friday at 19:00 GMT, at http://www.twitch.tv/magistermystax
DennyR

Postby DennyR » 03 May 2016, 03:42

WWE edited signs in the crowd that were anti-Reigns for the website. A sign that said "When it Reigns, it bores" a little behind commentary on the live feed just said "When it Reigns" with a blank area in a picture on the site. That's just childish, and it's stuff like that that just makes me not like Reigns even more.
Antitonic

Postby Antitonic » 03 May 2016, 17:51

So, Ryback may be gone, which seems to explain the Punk "tribute" a bit better.
DennyR

Postby DennyR » 04 May 2016, 00:40

Antitonic wrote:So, Ryback may be gone, which seems to explain the Punk "tribute" a bit better.

There's also the fact that Ryback is just a bit stupid. I remember there was one time he pissed off management when he started doing Goldberg's moves in a match for pretty much no reason.

He wouldn't be the biggest loss really, they jumped the shark with his Punk feud for the title, and he's just never really clicked with the crowd since then.
Antitonic

Postby Antitonic » 06 May 2016, 08:29

I can't tell, is this year's post-Mania Spring Cleaning earlier or later than usual?

Possibly-updating WWE.com article?
bv310
First Video: EVERYTHING IS FINE

Postby bv310 » 06 May 2016, 15:29

Shame to see Damian Sandow gone. Dude seemed to be solid the few times I saw him in matches.
DennyR

Postby DennyR » 06 May 2016, 16:34

Sandow was a massive missed chance, as was Barrett. Sandow was hugely over after Wrestlemania last year when he turned on the Miz... Then they feuded, Miz won, and they dropped Sandow from TV pretty much altogether.

I cannot say I will miss Hornswoggle or Cameron.
DennyR

Postby DennyR » 09 May 2016, 04:00

Current list of competitors for the Cruiserweight tournament:
-Zack Sabre Jr.
-Jack Gallagher
-Noam Dar
-Rich Swann
-Johnny Gargano
-Tommaso Ciampa
-Akira Tozawa
-Ho Ho Lun
-Lince Dorado

There was also a kinda weird story at an EVOLVE show, where EC3 and Drew Galloway (formerly Derrick Bateman and Drew McIntyre in WWE) came out berating people for joining WWE's tournament. It's a weird pseudo WWE/NXT vs. TNA storyline that's not really involving either company.
Antitonic

Postby Antitonic » 11 May 2016, 07:22

Looks like I may have spoken too soon; rumour mill tips 2 more releases to be announced, and that's not including this little tidbit:

"Raymond "Adam Rose" Leppan was arrested this morning by The Hillsborough, Florida Sheriffs office at 1:30. He was charged with Tampering With a Witness and Battery Domestic Violence.

Obviously, this not a good thing for a person already serving a 60 day WWE suspension"
Elomin Sha

Postby Elomin Sha » 11 May 2016, 11:54

That explains why he hasn't been reinstated after producing the Doctor's Note. The Don Tony and Kevin Castle show were talking about this on Monday night.
DennyR

Postby DennyR » 12 May 2016, 06:12

Antitonic wrote:Looks like I may have spoken too soon; rumour mill tips 2 more releases to be announced, and that's not including this little tidbit:

"Raymond "Adam Rose" Leppan was arrested this morning by The Hillsborough, Florida Sheriffs office at 1:30. He was charged with Tampering With a Witness and Battery Domestic Violence.

Obviously, this not a good thing for a person already serving a 60 day WWE suspension"

Any word on who the other two might be? I'd assume Ryback would be one of the favourites to be for the chop, at least from an outside perspective.
bv310
First Video: EVERYTHING IS FINE

Postby bv310 » 12 May 2016, 06:26

I'm guessing a Women's wrestler. Maybe Tamina because of the Jimmy Snuka connection?
DennyR

Postby DennyR » 12 May 2016, 06:27

Possibly, I was a little surprised it hadn't happened already after Jimmy was arrested to be honest.

Return to “General Discussion”