Looking for Desert Bus Craftalong ideas

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Generic Evil Genius
First Video: Crime and Punishment

Looking for Desert Bus Craftalong ideas

Postby Generic Evil Genius » 21 Dec 2016, 09:31

So I've been watching since DB3 but this year was the first year I actually submitted something to the Craftalong (i would link it but apparently I'm not allowed to post links? it's the "Destiny: Thorn Hand Cannon" on the DB site). It ended up not only selling for $2200 but it was actually the #1 highest selling silent auction item for most of the run (it ended up being I think the 3rd highest silent auction in the end, which is still totally crazy)

Since this UTTERLY DESTROYED my expectations (turns out you guys like my stuff?) naturally it seems I have to continue doing this. I think this year I (totally accidentally) managed to hit a sweet-spot of
1)a game that has plenty of genuinely beautiful objects in it .
2)is well-known even by people who don't necessarily play it.
3)had a recently released expansion that put it back on everyone's radar.

So, what would you guys like to see next year? what do you think is going to be a "hot ticket" franchise by the time next Desert Bus rolls around?

Since making something to this level of quality takes quite a lot of time I'll probably have to start planning and prep in the next few months, so hopefully you guys can help me choose something before then. You can see other things i've made at my website samsskunkworks (again, I don't seem to be allowed to post links) to get an idea of what I can produce.

Also maybe follow @SamsSkunkworks on twitter? because something something self-promotion etc.
Elomin Sha
First Video: Max Effect

Re: Looking for Desert Bus Craftalong ideas

Postby Elomin Sha » 21 Dec 2016, 12:41

Tracer's pistols.
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
https://displate.com/elominsha/galleries
If you need art, I take commissions, PM me.
Kapol
First Video: Whisky Tango Foxtrot

Re: Looking for Desert Bus Craftalong ideas

Postby Kapol » 22 Dec 2016, 15:16

You might be able to find a good design to work with in Splatoon.

Return to “General Discussion”