Putting Anime into your Eyes

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
MetricFurlong
First Video: Phone Manner

Putting Anime into your Eyes

Postby MetricFurlong » 10 Apr 2017, 12:22

As anyone who's followed LRR for a while will have noticed, a fair amount of the crew and the fanbase have at least a passing interest in anime. For an outsider though it can be a little difficult knowing where to start, including good places to find series in the first place.

These days, especially for those of us like myself who are not in the USA, the main non-pirate site is Crunchyroll. Crunchyroll has a couple of things to recommend it both the fact that, while its catalogue does vary depending on region (because regional licensing restrictions are sadly still a thing), it's fairly internationally accessible and, more importantly, almost its entire catalogue can be watched free with a few ads (which paid membership removes).

Nonetheless, there are still rather a lot of series on offer there, and you may not have the time to dig through it to find good series.

I, on the other hand, do.

So, as LRL Chat's self-appointed 'Commander in Weeb', I thought it'd be worth putting together a list of series currently available on Crunchyroll that (I think) are quite good, complete with links, for anyone looking for something to watch.
So with further ado: my list of good series on crunchyroll

I may try to put together some lists for other sites/sources in the future. In the meantime, everyone else is free to use this thread to ask for Crunchyroll 'guest pass' memberships (I've got a few kicking around), ask questions or post recommendations of their own if they're so inclined. Because there's actually quite a lot of good anime out there, it's just a matter of knowing about it.
unpronounceable
First Video: A Stitch in Time

Re: Putting Anime into your Eyes

Postby unpronounceable » 10 Apr 2017, 18:21

If you reside in the US, Canada, UK, or Austrailia, because.moe is really useful to see if something is available to legally stream in your region.
Last edited by unpronounceable on 12 Apr 2017, 14:46, edited 1 time in total.
MetricFurlong

Postby MetricFurlong » 12 Apr 2017, 12:25

unpronounceable wrote:You reside in the US, Canada, UK, or Austrailia, because.moe is really useful to see if something is available to legally stream in your region.

Thanks for the link. It's a bit awkward for my purposes here since its a search engine, but could come in useful in the future general series recommendations.
unpronounceable
First Video: A Stitch in Time

Postby unpronounceable » 15 Apr 2017, 10:48

MetricFurlong wrote:Thanks for the link. It's a bit awkward for my purposes here since its a search engine, but could come in useful in the future general series recommendations.

I was thinking it would be useful for people who aren't in the same region as people making recommendations to see where to stream things.

I'll try to write some recommendations myself sometime, but that is a nice list you made.
MetricFurlong

Postby MetricFurlong » 04 Sep 2017, 14:16

Just letting people know the list has been updated since it was first made.

Return to “General Discussion”