Items wanted for school raffle

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
MinniChi
First Video: Your Very Own Prom

Items wanted for school raffle

Postby MinniChi » 19 Apr 2017, 20:50

My son's school does a basket raffle with the seasonal concerts. This season I have been asked to solicit for donations. I am hoping someone here would have some things they crafted, or picked up that we could put on offer. All money raised will be going towards the students in some form. Be it personal enrichment programing, new instruments, or a new playground.

I will say this school does amazing work with what little it gets from the city school board. The school currently has two autism classrooms, one deaf/hard of hearing classroom, a breakfast program run and funded by some teachers, and a wonderfully integrated family drop-in program. This school has also partnered with a small program allowing government funded psychotherapists to come to the school and have sessions with their young patients on site. Because of this, my son is now receiving help that he normally wouldn't have access to.

We have about 5 weeks until the event this season. But if anyone would like to donate, I'm sure we can store anything non-perishable until next season (if it ends up late due to postage), or use it in an end-of-year fundraiser.
If anyone is interested, please contact me, I can send a copy of the letter from the treasurer and principal that explains it better than I can. I just say wonderful things about this school.
No trees were killed to send this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced

Return to “General Discussion”