Old LRR sketches

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Paviel
First Video: Mustache You A Question

Old LRR sketches

Postby Paviel » 17 Aug 2017, 08:01

I know that some of the old LRR and cH sketches are up on Youtube, but for those that aren't, I can't seem to watch them on the Escapist either; when I try to play the videos, I instead get some sort of ad for all the shows on the Escapist, and a link to their Youtube channel (which also doesn't have the sketches I want to watch).

From what I understand, you've cut all ties to the Escapist, so I'm sure those sketches are gone for good from the Escapist website.
Aeralis
First Video: enn: Nerd Flu

Re: Old LRR sketches

Postby Aeralis » 17 Aug 2017, 11:36

Things like this are exactly why everything's being tossed onto YouTube. There's quite a bit of old sketches that are also unviewable because they were originally on a service that doesn't exist anymore.

Sadly, the only solution is to wait for the Youtube uploads. (Or track down some DVDs.)
Robo4900
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Re: Old LRR sketches

Postby Robo4900 » 22 Aug 2017, 08:47

Huge swathes of seasons 4, 5, and 6, aswell as most pre-Escapist bonus videos, and the first 24 Phailhaüs episodes were lost a year or two ago when Blip.tv went under. On top of this, most of season 1 was taken off the site when LRR were running out of server space during seasons 2 and 3, and due to embarrassment about many of the videos' poor quality, and the legal issues surrounding a load of them using licensed music without permission.

I believe it was around season 7 or 8 that they moved to the Escapist, and yeah, I think the Escapist is going a little funky. Escapist had a contract with LRR that gave them exclusive hosting rights to their videos produced for them, which seems to have been a 5-year contract. If you look on their YouTube page, you'll see a lot of sketches being uploaded that originally aired 5 years ago(Last year, we got a load from 2011, this year we've been getting a ton from 2012. It'll continue like this until they work through their Escapist backlog, and then of course there'll be all the stuff from seasons 2-7 to reupload if/when Graham or Paul find the files for them).
At the moment, your best bet for Escapist-era videos is to wait for them to be 5 years old, or to just keep trying on the video pages.

Thankfully, seasons 4 and 5 were released in full on DVD, so there's that option. Unfortunately, LRR seem to have never got around to doing the season 6 DVD, but who knows, maybe they'll do that someday. Season 11 is probably a much higher priority, as that was a Kickstarter thing.
"If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."

Return to “General Discussion”