Idea for Desert Bus XI. It may be stupid, but...

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
endybajr
First Video: Feed Dump

Idea for Desert Bus XI. It may be stupid, but...

Postby endybajr » 24 Sep 2017, 23:21

As it's Desert Bus XI, I think it would be neat to play on a JVC X'Eye. It's still a legit Sega CD unit, after all.
Then, at the end of the run, maybe auction the console off with the option to have as many people that are willing to sign a nearly-priceless and rather silly console sign it (winner's option, of course). In silver Sharpie.

I would happily buy the console and send it on up. I'm sure it'd raise more than I could logically afford to donate (aside from the console, I mean).

Does anyone else think this idea may be kind of neat or am I an idiot?
Elomin Sha
First Video: Max Effect

Re: Idea for Desert Bus XI. It may be stupid, but...

Postby Elomin Sha » 25 Sep 2017, 12:14

It's not a stupid idea, it just maybe a little too late to do it now. Signing something like that will probably reduce it's value as not every gamer knows who or what DB/LRR is.
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
https://displate.com/elominsha/galleries
If you need art, I take commissions, PM me.
Arclight_Dynamo
First Video: Desert Bus 1

Postby Arclight_Dynamo » 25 Sep 2017, 15:56

Not a stupid idea at all but, yes, almost certainly too late for this year's DB. You might suggest it for next year's, though.
endybajr

Postby endybajr » 25 Sep 2017, 20:59

I wish I'd have thought of it sooner; it's been a rough year and my brain hasn't been braining. And yeah, the signing was purely optional. It's smooth plastic, so if it were to be resold later, some rubbing alcohol would take right care.
I had such a nice package to go with it, too! The X'Eye, a reproduction Smoke and Mirrors game, two controllers, the Genesis to SCART and SCART to HDMI adapter, etc. ._.

It wouldn't work for next year, though, as that would be Desert Bus X-2.
...I'm thinking more Mega Man X, though, than Final Fantasy. Sigma Dave.

Providing I can find the mailing address since the last... eleventeenth move, I'll send it up anyways. If the LRR crew decide to auction it off, excellent.
If not, maybe it'll be in the background of Feed Dumps for a while.
endybajr

Postby endybajr » 17 Nov 2017, 20:32

THEY USED IT! THEY USED IT!
I'm far happier than I should be about that.

Return to “General Discussion”