Introduce yourselves! (A friendly topic for new members)

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Mister_Doc
First Video: Unskippable

Re: Introduce yourselves! (A friendly topic for new members)

Postby Mister_Doc » 05 Dec 2015, 17:59

Hallo! My name is Preston and I'm from Texas.

I've been watching for years but never really participated in the forums, so I made an account.
Auserker
First Video: Friday Nights - Untap

Postby Auserker » 03 Jan 2016, 02:07

Hey, I am Richard and I am from Queensland, Australia.
I spend most of my free time watching LRR/MTG youtube videos, playing MTG or lifting stuff up in my garage gym. When I discovered LRR I was going through an almost career ending injury, and It was the amazing content and community behind Loading Ready Run that made me helped me to take positive steps forward.
Now I just annoy everyone at work by telling them Everything Is Fine at least once a day.
I have just taken up MTGO as well since I am lacking time to play in real life so hoping to play with and against many members of this amazing community.
Last edited by Auserker on 07 May 2016, 13:22, edited 1 time in total.
carefreewill
First Video: Unskippable

Postby carefreewill » 18 Jan 2016, 08:20

Hi. I'm William from England. I've been watching lrr for a few years now on YouTube. I got back into Magic the Gathering when watching tap tap concede, and I get most of my mtg news from there still.
fantôme
First Video: mtgo drafts

Postby fantôme » 18 Jan 2016, 09:13

Welcome William from England, I too am a William from England, apparently there are quite a few of us.
DennyR
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Postby DennyR » 19 Jan 2016, 14:44

Hey, I'm Denny (DennyMcG on twitch), from Ireland. Watched the LRR gang for a few years, starting with LRR and ENN. My main interests are reading, gaming, listening to music, and playing with my dogs.

Gaming wise, my favourite stuff would be pokémon, most Valve games, quite a few RTS games, but I play a reasonable range of games I guess. Have a PC, PS4, PS3, 3DS, XBox One, Xbox 360, Wii, DSi, DS lite, and a Game Boy Colour. A few of those are shared with my brother, but he just plays Grand Theft Auto for the most part on the Xbox one. Had a PS one (both the big grey one, and the smaller white one), and a NES, but those were thrown out a few years back when I was away, and I still mourn their loss.

Reading, most of my books these days are Warhammer 40k (I'd like to collect an army, and plan to start a Space Wolves army sometime this year).

Music, mostly metal, like death metal, black metal, doom, and grindcore, with the odd bit of rock and punk.

For animals, I have 5 dogs, and I volunteer at an animal shelter on the weekends. My dogs are two dachshunds, a Jack Russell terrier, a pug/terrier cross, and a rottweiler.

I reckon that about covers it :P
TheTmy
First Video: A commodoreHustle on blip.tv i think.

Postby TheTmy » 17 Feb 2016, 14:31

Hi

My name is Thomas Jensen and I'm from Denmark.

I'm not entirely sure what to write to introduce myself. I love playing tabletop and digital games with friends. I have a fondness for Magic the gathering, though I mostly just watch the LRRMTG streams these days, since I don't really have anyone to play with anymore.

Outside of gaming I enjoy cooking and music. I won't list the music I listen to here, because honestly the list would be very long. Genre Wise it's mostly pop, rock and classical music I think (not entirely sure of all the subgenres).

Hopefully that was enough of an introduction.

Oh and the username isn't really an acronym. It's just a nickname, my brother calls me, that i use for online user names.
counterjockey
First Video: How to be a Son of a Bitch

Postby counterjockey » 17 Feb 2016, 17:25

Hello, I'm Michael Greene here in New Hampshire. I'm originally from Arkansas, I'm a game designer, and I'm currently going back to college. There is a lot more, but I think this is a good jumping off point for an introduction.
If there's time to clean, there's time to lean.
hacofo
First Video: DB5 Stream

Postby hacofo » 17 Feb 2016, 21:33

Hello, I'm not so new but never managed to introduce myself properly.

I'm Philipp from Austria, the Country with the cows and Alps not the Kangaroos.
I work as a Systemadministrator for a midsize retailer and in a bout of madness I've decided last year to apply for an University of Applied Science.
So now I'm a part time student in addition to working full time.
vorox4
First Video: One of the Friday Nights, I think.

Postby vorox4 » 18 Feb 2016, 11:35

Hello, Forum People! You may recognize me from the LRL Chat, I've been a Fan of LRR for a little less than half a year now, and I decided that I would make a forum account, so, here I am!
Five exclamation marks, the sure sign of an insane mind. -Terry Pratchett
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!-vorox4
Defenestar
First Video: Feed Dump

Postby Defenestar » 01 Mar 2016, 02:47

Hi. I'm Dave. You may remember me from the beginning of this post, when I said 'Hi. I'm Dave.'

I've been watching Feed Dump since it was back on The Escapist, and now look forward to each week's new episode of G-Money and A-Train Try To Get Something Useful Out Of Either Derek or Richter Hammockslam.
GeneOloro
First Video: loading ready rumble

Postby GeneOloro » 19 Mar 2016, 23:05

Hey guys, I have been watching for over a year. Don't know why I have not made an account till now. x.x I'm a 25 y/o from Little Rock, Arkansas U.S. I'm a stright up nerd xD. Hobbies: animu, games (favorite genre rpg), playing music (guitar), and listening to music of almost all genre(the bulk of my unadulterated love for music lies in metal and its various sub-genres). \o\ Back to my corner!!!
bv310
First Video: EVERYTHING IS FINE

Postby bv310 » 20 Mar 2016, 10:45

Hey folks, I'm Brock. I'm a 25-year-old teacher in Northern Saskatchewan. From northern Ontario originally, did a year in the UK after graduating university, then a year up on a fly-in-only reserve last year in Ontario (which is when I got hooked on LRR streams). This year I moved here, teaching High School Transitions, which is a class that's a step between normal schooling and Life Skills programming.
azninsect
First Video: Friday Nights - The Long Road

Postby azninsect » 10 Apr 2016, 13:42

Hi I'm Pascal [azninsect] Recent fan of LRR after watching Friday Nights and now binging through as much LRR stuff as my human eyes can allow :3

I'm from Brisbane, Australia so streams are usually on early morning for me, which is good for when I get to work and have little to do :) So I'm usually hanging out on twitch chat.

Hope to interact here on the forum a lot more and getting to know the peeps here :)
Drendar
First Video: Friday nights

Postby Drendar » 19 Apr 2016, 05:01

Hello!
My name is Will/Drendar and I am a chip/crisps vendor from central Virginia in the United States. This means I drive around a hideous electric blue stepvan and deliver snacks to grocery stores and convenience stores. I am 28 years old with a bachelors degree in history with a focus on medieval military studies (my senior thesis was on naval warfare during and between the first and second crusades in the eastern Mediterranean). I play MtG, four year old video games (because I can afford them), and have an Australian cattle dog named Mattie.

My favorite tank is a KV-85 and my favorite color is orange.
Beregolas
First Video: Friday Nights

Postby Beregolas » 04 May 2016, 06:43

Hi,

I am Beregolas (or Lenwe... or Droggelbasher... anyways...), and I'm a regular viewer from Germany. This sadly means I miss most of the streams... I'd like to play more Magic, but I have little time now and since none of my close friends play anymore, I kind of stopped. I like programming. and trains...

My favorite tank is the Panzer IV, and my favorite colour is a dark green-blue-yellow with a light red-brown-violet-black tint.
abyssalCompiler
First Video: Doctors Hate Her

Postby abyssalCompiler » 07 May 2016, 20:32

Hello, everyone!

My name is Taylor. I usually go by abyssalCompiler on the internet, and I used to go by the names glacialPepper and glaciachan (if anybody on here recognizes those screen names, I will be shocked). I got into LRR several weeks ago when I stumbled onto Unskippable thanks to a visit to TV Tropes when I was supposed to be working on homework.

By day, I'm a college/uni student who is interested in going to grad school and doing research in the field of HCI (human-computer interaction), but that's kind of boring. :)

By night I'm, well, still that person, but I also have a few hobbies! Drawing is probably my main hobby, and I find it's a great way to unwind for me.

In addition, when I was in high school, I was really into singing synthesizers, and used the UTAU software often. UTAU is sort of like DIY Vocaloid; it allows people to make their own singing synth voices. However, when I got to college, I stopped using it so much since I didn't have the time, and the fandom surrounding the software got on my nerves. (One thing I miss though is the aspect of making videos for the covers I would post, though - I would love to have an excuse to do video editing again.)

Gaming-wise I like retro stuff (especially Game Boy) and Pokemon. I'm trying to get more into indie gaming, too. Music wise, I have varied tastes that ranges from Japanese doujin to early electronic to chiptune to stuff like TMBG.

I also love stationery, and now have a small collection of Japanese pens and highlighters, with which I am quite pleased with.

tl:dr - I like things.
~Shameless plug for my art/creative works blog~
http://abyssalcompiler.tumblr.com/

My twitter: https://twitter.com/abyssalcompiler
Jamfalcon
First Video: Killer Instinct

Postby Jamfalcon » 07 May 2016, 21:36

Welcome to the forum! Sounds like you'll be getting lots of use out of the art sharing thread. :)
"Jamfalcon's a super weird name" - Graham

I wrote a book!
pilsebob
First Video: I have no idea. But maybe outbid?

Postby pilsebob » 20 May 2016, 09:48

Hello. My name is Tron. I have followed LRR for about four years. I'm a computer teacher and lives in Trondheim, Norway. My primary hobbies is roller derby streaming / filming, vanilla gaming, beer brewing and DIY projects.

It's been some time since I was active in a forum so will be fun to see how it goes.
Oravanystava
First Video: Friday Nights, can't remember which one

Postby Oravanystava » 28 May 2016, 23:59

Hi, I'm Max. I live in Germany where I studied Physics and am now looking for a job. I found LoadingReadyRun via their Magic content (as have many others, I assume) and have been an avid fan for years now.

I also suffer from social anxiety and depression, and made this account to force myself to "go out into the world" so to speak. From what I've seen, the LRR community is an overall welcoming bunch, so I thought I'd give it a shot.
abyssalCompiler

Postby abyssalCompiler » 30 May 2016, 16:32

Hi Max, welcome to the forums!

Jiopur
First Video: It's Magic

Postby Jiopur » 02 Jun 2016, 19:59

Hello.
My name is Taylor, I live in a small town called Edson, Alberta. I discovered LRR through the Unskippable/Zero Punctuation crossover. I've always seen the community around LRR and thought it seemed great, and despite not really being the online interaction kind of person, I thought I'd give it a go. I'm a fan of Magic the gathering, comic books, funny YouTube videos, podcasts, the Oxford comma, and films/vidjagames in general. I work at what is effectively a sawmill. I also plan on going to school for app development in September (don't tell my workplace).
abyssalCompiler

Postby abyssalCompiler » 05 Jun 2016, 17:48

Hello fellow person named Taylor!
Ooh, app development sounds pretty nifty~

type_omega
First Video: no idea

Postby type_omega » 06 Jun 2016, 19:05

Hello i am new here. I hate doing introductions on forums because it always feels like I'm signing up for online dating. A few things you should know about me ? lets see... I'm awesome and helpful. I call people on there B.S. only when truly needed otherwise I let them live in there own delusion as to not upset the status quo. I think that foreshadowing as a literary device is over used in almost all current works of fiction and it really annoys me, you should not be able to know the ending of a movie or book in the first act.Something i dont like about myself is i had ADHD growing up and did not take any medication for it, as a result my early school carrier suffered and that will some times show in my spelling,grammar and writing structure though i do actively work to correct and improve this.

I like making stuff, here is some stuff I made...

FLCL fire starter handheld game
http://www.therpf.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=464929&d=1429147839

borderlands 2 analytical bitch
http://www.therpf.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=444484&d=1424983213

lock pick and top of the keyway tension wrench

custom acrylic panted mtg lands and full alt art proxys from my alt art power cube (w.i.p.)

I could keep going but that would be tedious and boastful. but if you need help with a project throw me a line. i cant guarantee i will be able to help but as long as its not to much of a time sink I'm usually willing to try.
dustjacket
First Video: The Gatekeeper

Postby dustjacket » 08 Jun 2016, 15:21

Hello! My name is Daniel, and I live in Uppsala, Sweden. I am 34 y/o and work as a political editor. I suppose I am a hobby geek. I Jund 'em out, I've got wood for sheep and I feel at home in Gotham.

I read and write a lot, having spent the last couple of years obsessing over story telling and writing.

I started watching LRR about two years ago and I really enjoy the new streaming schedule. I now watch far more LRR programs than ever before. It's a good life. =)

At the end of the day, I just want to have a good time with friendly people.

See you in the forums.
SoundGuy0dB
First Video: Checkpoint & Strip Search

Postby SoundGuy0dB » 14 Jun 2016, 01:07

Hey all, My name is Alan & I come from a perpetually rain drenched Scotland, home of such things as Kilts, Bagpipes, Irn-Bru & unhealthy fried food diets. :P

I'm an all round geek & gamer and have been a fan of LRR since around the time they produced Strip Search. When I'm on Twitch i go by the moniker SoundGuy0db. Am also staring to experiment with a streaming setup to try out as a hobby.

I studied sound engineering & multimedia at university and keep a hand in as the sound engineer for my local church & with my own occasional projects.

See ya'll out there.

Return to “General Discussion”