Introduce yourselves! (A friendly topic for new members)

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
TheGreyRabbit
First Video: Desert Bus 5?

Re: Introduce yourselves! (A friendly topic for new members)

Postby TheGreyRabbit » 17 Jun 2016, 13:05

Good hello, earth and or moon people.

My name is Clint, and I am a nerdoholic. I live in Nowheresville interior BC and I play table top and video based games.
Don't Picnic
maggosh
First Video: Kickstarter Smoothies

Postby maggosh » 10 Sep 2016, 15:56

Alright, hello! I'm RJ, I live just outside of Toronto - if I gave the actual city name no one would know where I'm talking about - and I do some work as a freelance video editor. Lately I've been editing LRR-centric videos and I'd love to share them here.

Also I'm likely the only person on this board who plays Battleborn.
Kogarashi
First Video: It's Magic

Postby Kogarashi » 15 Sep 2016, 17:30

Hey there, folks! I'm Amanda, and I live in northern Georgia with my husband and four kids. I've been watching LRR since a friend showed me "It's Magic" some years back. I'm an avid gamer, slightly more than my husband (he's not into video games, but we both share a love for roleplaying and MtG). In what little spare time I can find from trying to keep the kids from setting the house on fire, I'm a freelance artist.
Jamfalcon
First Video: Killer Instinct

Postby Jamfalcon » 15 Sep 2016, 19:19

Welcome to all you new people who I haven't welcomed yet! :) Hope to see you around here lots.
"Jamfalcon's a super weird name" - Graham

I wrote a book!
Phailhammer
First Video: Fun With Microwaves (I think)

Postby Phailhammer » 16 Sep 2016, 15:15

Watch out for the bag. You'll know it when you see it; it's the one made of fire.
Preacher wrote:Do you have one of those for every occasion, Phailhammer?
Geoff_B wrote:And lo, the plot to end the world was undone by a bandwidth exceeded notice.
FictionPress stories:
The Vitaris Insurrection, The Outbreak (The latter not written by me, but I am in it.)
Cheryl G. Lozier
First Video: Ready Run

Postby Cheryl G. Lozier » 19 Sep 2016, 03:05

Hi everyone from UK! I'm Cheryl :)
I'm not the sort of person you should put on speakerphone.
Darlingng01
First Video: That was years ago...

Postby Darlingng01 » 19 Sep 2016, 16:12

Hello Everyone, you can call me Darling. Because it's my name. I don't just mean on the forum.

Anyway, I'm Canadian, like games, game design, and psychology.

My notable notable skills are being bad at games but winning anyway, and stumbling my way ass backwards into being helpful. I am also good at answering questions and telling the truth. Otherwise known as being bad at lying.

Most importantly, I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired. Unfortunately seems like that's not going to change, so if you ask me how I'm doing it's probably varying levels of tired and sore. I'm pretty open about my health, but keep it to myself unless asked. Don't want to scare the squeamish types.
VileTerror
First Video: Daily Drop
Location: n. 1 a place where something is located. 2 the action of location. - DERIVATIVES locational adj.

Introduction of an Atramentously-Minded Gamemeister

Postby VileTerror » 18 Oct 2016, 09:28

Oyllo to the assorted Loading Ready Runners; cast, crew, fans, and all other associates.

I've been a lowkey fan of Loading Ready Run's work since the days of Daily Drop. Feed Dump is my present favourite regular production by the team. I've long felt that Loading Ready Run's cast and crew should receive Canadian tax payer money through the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation for essentially being the defining force behind Canadian geek culture.

I am a Gamemeister* with several years of experience. Ludology is one of my three passions in life, and I appreciate Loading Ready Run's open and active gaming and gaming-related works.

It's uncertain how active I shall be in this community, but I've got . . . ideas. Well, at least one idea. We shall see if this idea comes to fruition.

*Gamemeister being a term I realize some of you may conflate with "Dungeon Master," but I see that latter term having particular connotations which are "impolite" in "civilized conversation."
Orilo
First Video: Friday Nights: The Path

Postby Orilo » 19 Oct 2016, 13:03

Hi everyone,

I'm a Can"EH"dian from Victoria that is a fan of LRR.
I like cats, mtg, dnd, comedy, movies, aliens, food, rowing

I really want to be a positive part of the LRR community,
OneTrueChungus
First Video: Friday Nights: In Command

Postby OneTrueChungus » 20 Oct 2016, 19:32

Hey guys!
Im a 16 year old from a small town near ottawa, and a huge fan of DnD, MTG and tabletop games in general. Id love to get involved in the community, and look forward to interacting with you all!
virre
First Video: Friday Nights

Postby virre » 02 Nov 2016, 04:40

Hi,

I am, 35 years old (how did that happen), been enjoying LRR for quite a while.

I am rather a IRC and twitch chatty person, more then forums really. Or well I have irssi running on my raspberry pi at home so it is always there.

I work as a backend programmer building the search system for a product I might talk more about in other places. Most of our codebase is in Perl, so must of the day I write Perl...

I am a boardgamer, occasional magic player that enjoys most part of geekery and am organised in both an more open temperance movement organisation and in the temperate fraternal order that once upon a time in English was known as "The Templars of Honor and Temperance" (the branches outside of the nordic countrys sadly dissapeared after the 2 world war).

I also don't consume animals.
Ky0dar
First Video: Either Unskippable - Star Ocean or Q.o.S

Postby Ky0dar » 18 Nov 2016, 05:53

Hi all.

Coming here off the back of an awesome Desert Bus.

I'm Ky0dar, I live in the Southern Tablelands of eastern Australia. I have a youtube channel, I play some board games, I play cards, a bit of LARPing when i can.

See you in chat i guess?
Bobalob93
First Video: Unskippable-FFVII: Dirge of Cerberus

Postby Bobalob93 » 18 Nov 2016, 10:52

Hey there!

I'm a long time LRR fan, and I think I had an old account on here, but for whatever reason I let that one lapse, and I can't remember the username for it. Anyway, after participating in the awesome community for DB X I've decided to get way more involved and maybe make some new friends.

Best wishes to you all!
My Twitter -Bobalob93
My Tumblr - www.bobalob93.tumblr.com
My Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/bobalob93/?hl=en

Enough shameless plugs for now!
Griffinzz
First Video: Fear Itself

Postby Griffinzz » 19 Nov 2016, 09:14

Hey everyone!

I'm a 33 year old nerd from Norway. I've been a fan of LRR for about 4 years, and post DB X I felt the need to get more involved with the fabulous community.
artemiskit
First Video: Commodore Hustle...? Long time ago...

Postby artemiskit » 19 Nov 2016, 21:46

I've watched LRR for years but apparently never took the time to sign up on the forums...
Anywho, Howdy, I'm ArtemisKit *waves*
With Desert Bus over for this year I need all the LRR community love I can get and want to get involved with the various goings on here :D
smoke108
First Video: Desert Bus 6

Postby smoke108 » 28 Nov 2016, 17:25

Hey peeps, not sure how active I will be with being on multiple forums, but happy to be here after watching LRR stuff over the years. Big fan of Point and Click adventure games and Roguelikes.
twitter: @g1brent
unluckydesperado
First Video: The Mirror

Postby unluckydesperado » 07 Dec 2016, 21:05

Hi there everyone. I'm UnluckyDesperado, or Sloan if you want a name and not a screen name, and i'm a long time watcher of the LRR crew. Like since '05 when i found them during a dark time in my senior year of highschool and needed to find something to laugh at.

I actually introduced myself on a different account, but that username is tied to things I don't care for. And after this years Desert Bus I realized that I am in need of a change, since I "work" from home I avoid a lot of contact with people and need to stop that. So figure might as well introduce myself here and try to be active with a community I'm around a lot already. So hello everybody
NaanjaBiru
First Video: Scientists Rebuttal to ICP

Postby NaanjaBiru » 07 Dec 2016, 23:37

Not really new, I joined a few years ago as Nonjabiru and after Desert Bus thought I should come back. That's when I found out I somehow forgot my password and email and decided to make a new account with a somewhat similar sounding name.
Koted1990
First Video: ways to get a ticket

Postby Koted1990 » 08 Dec 2016, 10:41

Hi All !!! :D

7 facts about me:
My real name Henry
• I like to joke and laugh at people
• I like to watch funny videos and read fun books
• I like sport and football
• I like to start something new from scratch
• I love country music
• I like to communicate
Free Challenger
First Video: Everything is fine

Postby Free Challenger » 24 Dec 2016, 10:59

Hi. I'm Free. The twitch knows me as Mysterious Challenger.

I have an account, finally.

Hello.
Inkmouse
First Video: Probably DB6, though I can't remember

Postby Inkmouse » 08 Jan 2017, 16:16

Hi~

I'm Inkmouse (most people call me Inky). Been watching these guys do their thing since some time around Desert Bus 6, but I haven't delved into the forums too much just yet. I tend to lurk in chat because I'm usually a little shy online. Feel free to say hi - would be nice to get to know a few of you better :)

Right now I'm in my final year studying contemporary jewellery, but I also have a background in graphic design. I dream of working for myself one day.

I'm an Australian. It's hot here. Plz sent halp.
BioBuster
First Video: Unskippable: The Darkness

Postby BioBuster » 23 Jan 2017, 14:09

Hey all!

I'm Bio, twitch chatsman, DBX game jammer, developer and Sidewalk Slam minted wrestling fan.

I'm hoping to find some other devs, artists, and gaming friends here!

If any of you are interested in chatting with me, feel free to hit me up on twitter @bio_buster, if anyone is looking for someone to play games with, I may be down. My current limitation is PC or 3DS only.

-Bio
zulfumavi
First Video: Friday Nights: Throwback

Postby zulfumavi » 10 Feb 2017, 17:00

Hey everyone!

I'm zulfumavi, just an average folk living in Istanbul. Interesting enough, just a couple of hours ago I was reading the first issue of a literary zine made by university students where they introduced themselves in a very melancholic manner and I chuckled to myself, thinking that this was a rookie act. But when I tried to write something about myself here, I had an urge to do the same thing. But I won't... hopefully!

With the anecdote out of the way, let me proceed. I am a law student, failed for three classes the last year, so I got a free year to do whatever. I'm an avid MTG fan and that is the reason why I ended up here. I lived a reasonably good chunk of my life in Melbourne, Australia. Also I'm a very passionate poetry maniac, I have very strong views on very touchy subjects but thankfully it's all under the scope of Turkish poetry, which I presume will not be a hot debate topic.

You do not know how many mistakes I'm going to find in this entry once I hit the submit button.
Richard_ermen
First Video: Unskippable Lost Planet on the Escapist

Postby Richard_ermen » 15 Feb 2017, 06:03

Hey folks,

It´sa me, Richard_ermen, long-time LRR lurker from Old Europe, Germany. As I´m currently on jobhunt in the north means I got lots of time on my hand and some of that I´ll spend here, or on twitch.tv chat :D
What led me here? Coincidence, I suppose, I mean, I only learned of the forums some weeks back, didn´t even occur to me that LRR might have their own forums behind their page, which might sound absurd, but hey, people, you know.
Anyway, I do hope to make the best of my time here and look forward to fun discussions and shenanigans. Cheerio!
"Man. The modern Evil."
- unknown quotation

"In one moment, Earth; in the next, Heaven."
- Academician Prokhor Zakharov, For I Have Tasted the Fruit
Tim_McM
First Video: Friday nights ep.1

Postby Tim_McM » 19 Feb 2017, 12:15

About me:
I'm Tim,
I'm 20-something (I don't keep track, I have a wife for that)
I'm Married
Several important details are in the signature. Look down at the signature, now back up here, I have never ridden a horse.
The type of Christian is non-denominational protestant
The Aspie is Asperger's Syndrome (Hans Asperger is a legend and you should look him up)
The Science is Biochemistry
The game I'm designing is a fantasy tabletop RPG called Brightsun, I really need play-testers so message me if you're interested.

I fist encountered LRR through Friday nights, and then have added Qwerpline, CommodoreHustle, Crapshots, LoadingReadyLive and Talking Simulator to my regular watch list (probably some I also watch but have currently forgotten)

I will almost certainly never appear in twitch chat as I live in the UK but enjoy watching in catch up (even if missing out on the live experience)

I have previously had bad forum experiences so I don't know how involved I'll get or how long I stick around but Hi, I'm here now, nice to meet you.
Christian, Aspie, Scientist, amateur game designer, avid EDH player.
"When it falls on your head then you are knowing it is a rock" - Binbiniquegabenik

Return to “General Discussion”