Introduce yourselves! (A friendly topic for new members)

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Bunnyrabbot02
First Video: Sigma Theta Delta

Re: Introduce yourselves! (A friendly topic for new members)

Postby Bunnyrabbot02 » 27 Aug 2015, 01:59

Hi again Darkflame! I was Bunnyrabbot02 from Little Big Adventure The Magicball Network Forums.
Wystling!
Karzor
First Video: Friday Nights

Postby Karzor » 27 Aug 2015, 05:11

Hello

I am Karzor from Germany and you see i am new here...

The Tolarian proffessor talked about the "friday nights" Show, so i thought ..."whats this?!"
So i looked up the show and felt in love ^^...so i checked out more and thats what brought me here.

Atm i am watching the TTC Podcasts and have a blast with the nickname for cards.

Something about me

I am 27 Years old and study business administration in Leipzig
Recently, i picked up magic the gathering again (Singelton, Draft) (10 year pause)

So thank you for having me here.
DrAppleman
First Video: Probably omni lingual but I'm not sure

Postby DrAppleman » 27 Aug 2015, 07:36

Hello I'm DrAppleman from Iceland and I'm not a real doctor I just pretend to be one on the internet.

I started regularly watching the sketches recently and then followed into other stuff. Right now I watch almost everything uploaded on the main channel, also lrr got me interested in magic which is terrible because I'm already playing yugioh and heartstone and don't need more trading card games in my life.

Other than that I make terrible let's plays and attempt to draw with varying success.
DrAppleman
First Video: Probably omni lingual but I'm not sure

Postby DrAppleman » 27 Aug 2015, 07:36

Hello I'm DrAppleman from Iceland and I'm not a real doctor I just pretend to be one on the internet.

I started regularly watching the sketches recently and then followed into other stuff. Right now I watch almost everything uploaded on the main channel, also lrr got me interested in magic which is terrible because I'm already playing yugioh and heartstone and don't need more trading card games in my life.

Other than that I make terrible let's plays and attempt to draw with varying success.
optimusjamie
First Video: Papers, Please

Postby optimusjamie » 28 Aug 2015, 11:16

I'm Jamie from England.

I didn't really take much notice of LRR until around 2013 with the Papers, Please sketch, and I only regularly started watching in 2014. It's grown on me a lot since then.

Aside from LRR, I'm a fan of space sims, Star Trek, Red Dwarf and more recently Dragon Ball Z. I have a tumblr (official-smeghead) and a Twitter (optimusjamie).
Jeezy
First Video: 4ps4s

Postby Jeezy » 30 Aug 2015, 08:02

I'm Jeezy from the UK. The name Jeezy came about from uni when I had long hair and a beard. I got my degree and haven't really done a whole lot since... Plenty of time for music and gaming!

I've watched LRR for almost 2 years now I guess when I came across Feed Dump and Unskippable on the Escapist. Love a lot of the stuff they do - Desert Bus, Checkpoint, Sketches/Crapshots but unfortunately the only stream I can feasibly watch live is CP+. I tend not to chat much even when I do watch a Stream, but I'm going to try and work on that!

I'm a fan of metal music (the extremerer the better, generally), motor racing and many vidja gaems (PC), from Rocket League to Doom to Civ V to Project Cars to Skyrim. I've considered getting into streaming, but not yet... I don't know how to start! Plus I could do with a PC upgrade to do it properly.
Tiny Moustache
First Video: Friday Nights - The Barrier

Postby Tiny Moustache » 10 Sep 2015, 09:36

Heyo!
My name is Martin, I´m from Germany. I´ve been a LRR fan since... Theros Block I guess.
Came across Friday Nights via wizards.com. Checked out the other stuff on the Youtube channel and got really into it.

I was introduced to Magic back in the days of Mirrodin but didn´t start until Timespiral.
Aside from turning cardboard pieces sideways I like stuff like reading books, enjoying movies, playing games (board and pc) and so on.
ExhaustedElox
First Video: Early Checkpoint episodes on PATV

Postby ExhaustedElox » 26 Sep 2015, 19:03

Hey, I realized I never posted on the forums in any meaningful way before so here goes.

My name's John; my handle here is my handle in The Chat. To explain it a bit, Elox is the name of a very old D&D character of mine (It was the shortened version of his full elven name). When I tried to sign up for a gamer tag when XBox Live started, somehow, someone had snagged the name of my old character already. I was given a list of suggestions and ExhaustedElox was on the list. It was apt given my default state during the day so that's what I went with.

I've been a LRR fan since they were posting videos on PA TV. I know they were doing sketches well before that, but I wasn't on the Escapist during those days so I missed out until I started watching DB.

I'm an old-school Magic player; I even dabbled in the tournament scene during Tempest Block Constructed. I had both Type 2 and Type 1 decks in my collection and if you understand what that means, congrats, you're an old school Magic player too. LRR has actually rekindled my love of Magic again thanks to their videos and streams. I'm on MTGO under the same screen name and I'm always down for a game so feel free to look for me there.
Does anyone know who's in charge? I'd like to file a grievance.
Praüser
First Video: Daily Drop

Postby Praüser » 27 Sep 2015, 13:43

I don't who I am.

I'm 28 and work in a shop that sells people their own history. And swords. Lots of swords.

I watched some people drop things, which was fun. Then microwave things. Also fun.

Then I'm here.
Turambar
First Video: Not sure. Early Escapist content.

Postby Turambar » 13 Oct 2015, 18:29

Hello everyone!

My name's Adam. I'm from Canada, and I've been a LRR fan since their early days posting content on The Escapist, but only started looking into everything else they do starting in 2013.

My handle in the twitch chat is NotJustAFleshWound (due to being on a Monty Python binge at the time) though I will be changing it to something closer to my handle here (Turambar) in the future. As some would guess from said handle, I am a fan of the works of J.R.R. Tolkien and will ramble on about the lore of Middle Earth at the slightest provocation. :)

I am a long time (though intermittent) MTG player having started at the tail end of the Urza block when I was far too young to understand how broken those cards were. Not currently playing in any competitive capacity, though I own the most of the shell of Legacy Elves (minus the ludicrously expensive mana base).

My passions are music, history, literature, and, to a lesser extent, video games. I am currently studying Philosophy at Uni and hope to graduate with my BA in 2016.
farleyf
First Video: Strip Search

Postby farleyf » 14 Oct 2015, 01:30

Well i don't have much experience when it comes to social life on the internet but here goes

My name's Rick. I'm from the land down under in Australia and i've been a LRR fan since their Stripsearch days. My Twitch Chat handle is Farleyf. I'm 34 years old but i turn 35 during Desert Bus.

I actually tend to be a bit nervous about interacting with strangers in real life due to a minor social anxiety problem. I enjoy talking in the LRR chat as it's the nicest and most understanding chat i've ever seen. Also the LRR cast are really good about interacting with us which makes me feel welcome and only feel slightly strange about it.

My online handle comes from one of the greatest movies of all time Shock Treatment which is a 'sequel' to Rocky Horror Picture Show. The main character Farley Flavors is my favourite member of the cast and i've been using his name for as long as i've been on the internet.

If you ever see me in chat then please feel free to drop me a line - however please dont be offended if i dont respond. Sometimes i feel like chatting with others and some days i just want to watch and let the stream help me through the day
F For Farley
F For Flavors
F For Fabulous
F For Fast
F For Food

Come Join Hodor Squad
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

HS Discord Channel
https://discord.gg/JYqvAkU
Ben_Portsmouth
First Video: Unskippable - Dirge of Cerberus

Postby Ben_Portsmouth » 28 Oct 2015, 09:13

Hello all!

My name's Ben. I'm 21 from the UK and have been a fan of LRR since the early Unskippable days.

I've been trawling the forums for over a year but never posted anything so I decided now's as good a time as any :D My Twitch handle is Valkarian_Cronicler and I'm planning on being more active with that aswell seeing as everyone seems so nice.

I've been a drummer for about 6 years now, I like most music but I'm a rocker at heart. I'm into most things sci-fi, fantasy or comic based, basically anything remotely nerdy. Oh and I've recently taken up Tai Chi as a hobby.

So yeah, that's me :)
Mothra Fighter
First Video: Ways to Survive the Recession

Postby Mothra Fighter » 08 Nov 2015, 15:55

Hello, LRR forum. Having been a lurker for a while, I’ve decided to join.

I discovered LRR a couple of years ago. Back when the skits as well as Daily Drop, ENN, and Unskippable premiered on The Escapist. Rarely does a group put out as much overall consistently good and funny content over as many years as LRR has.

Something I’ve noticed, in the streams and podcasts, is that the crews’ interactions with each other are happily free of things like the men talking over or frequently interrupting the women. And when it seems a lot of media treats discussions or disagreements as if they require an explosion of defensive reactions to hold our attention, it’s nice, even inspiring, to just not ever see that.

Hopefully, I’m saying all this without falling into the common trap of fandoms putting creators of stuff they like on pedestals. My point is simply that the lack of toxic bullshit from an internet video group, on top of all the talent and comedy, is refreshing.
Giuchie, giuchie, ya ya dada. - Abraham Lincoln, probably
Elomin Sha
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Elomin Sha » 08 Nov 2015, 17:24

Mosura ya Mosura
Dongan kasakuyan indo muu
Rusuto uiraandoa, hanba hanbamuyan, randa banunradan
Tounjukanraa
Kasaku yaanmu
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
https://displate.com/elominsha/galleries
If you need art, I take commissions, PM me.
Mothra Fighter
First Video: Ways to Survive the Recession

Postby Mothra Fighter » 09 Nov 2015, 11:47

Elomin Sha wrote:Mosura ya Mosura
Dongan kasakuyan indo muu
Rusuto uiraandoa, hanba hanbamuyan, randa banunradan
Tounjukanraa
Kasaku yaanmu

:D

Thanks for the great welcome, Elomin.
Giuchie, giuchie, ya ya dada. - Abraham Lincoln, probably
Elomin Sha

Postby Elomin Sha » 10 Nov 2015, 18:38

No problem. I'm a fan of the Gojira films.
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
Jonathon Glitch
First Video: Feed Dump

Postby Jonathon Glitch » 12 Nov 2015, 16:17

Hello Loading Ready Runners!

My Name is Jonathon Fitch, and I live in Perth, Australia. I have a passion for games and I'm working on my first ever game / art project, I am currently building my team and so far the response has been very positive. I am still in the early build and testing phase, but the concept is simple and deployment should be scale-able.

I haven't even really created anything, what I have developed is a system of using existing tools to create in interactive online storytelling experience. I prefer to refer to is more as "human interaction programming" rather than "computer programming"

Many of you born in the 80's will know will be familiar with the systems I have adapted and updated, if you are interested, you can contact me at (remove the 123) jfitchy123 at gmail dot com or follow me @jonnyno5isalive, I am also Theguywiththecleverhandle on Twitch, not that I stream anything, yet.

I hope to hear from interested parties, I'm looking to build content for several stories, and people to run the game-play, plus artists and musicians, essentially anyone looking to contribute.

I'll create a dedicated thread if there is enough interest

Thanks everyone!
Thoughts:

“we live in an age of unprecedented communication, more people are connected now then ever before, but who are we listening to? And do we like what they’re saying?”

If you like what I'm saying:
https://www.patreon.com/user?u=2514592&ty=h
Elomin Sha

Postby Elomin Sha » 18 Nov 2015, 08:23

Stupid question: did you spell your forum name wrong?
biscuits
First Video: Friday Nights - Friday

Postby biscuits » 19 Nov 2015, 13:45

Hello, my name's Joanne. My username comes from a long-haunting anecdote that probably needs a Scottish accent to understand. Just...say "Do you want a biscuit?" really fast.

An internet friend introduced me to Magic in about September last year and one morning, I forget when, just threw four links to Friday Nights episodes at me. I watched Friday Nights for the entire day, then Tap Tap Concede, then LRRcast, then Fight the Future. I haven't watched any streams yet. I will get there, though.

I'm a first year English Literature student at Glasgow University, where I flit between studying, GUU debating and sleep. I get to most FNMs, back out in my town, which isn't far outside Glasgow. Getting better at drafting, though I've had extremely mixed results in Zendikar so far.

I'm also a member of the Liberal Democrats which is a UK political party, and actually a sister party of Canada's Liberal Party. Justin Trudeau doesn't follow our leader back on Twitter though :(

So yeah, hey there :)
English Lit, Scottish Lit and English Language...I like books.
angryoptimist
First Video: The first I *remember* is Checkpoint.

Postby angryoptimist » 21 Nov 2015, 18:38

Hello, I'm Angryoptimist. Or angryoptimist.

I'm not sure when or how I first became aware of LRR, or what the first video I saw was; I was aware of LRR's existence for a while before I started really following their creative output--and that began after I came across Feed Dump on The Escapist. Thereafter, I started following some current stuff, devouring backlog stuff, and so on. I follow a lot of what LRR makes now, save most of the MtG stuff--which I don't have the background or understanding to properly appreciate.

About myself: I'm a United Statesian, I've lived in various parts of the country, and have recently become stuck in the Midwest. I like to program, and that's a quasi-hobby for me--though I do take it pretty seriously. If I were to call myself anything, I'd call myself a programmer. I like making things in general, and I would like to branch out into making physical objects of some kind--once I'm not too impoverished to do so.

Aside from that, I like a bit of anime, classic science fiction, and various other things. I guess I also like video games, but I suppose that comes as a given? I know the vogue thing is challenge and such, but I honestly prefer easy games--or to play with a heavy helping of cheese. I'd rather watch other people play hard games, who enjoy doing that. I figure I did my time already (I had an NES as a kid)--I can take it easy and goof around if I want, right? Right.

I've recently felt a lack of a proper, old-school forum in my life. New-fangled discussion venues just don't do what forums do, you know? A real community is nice, and this seems like a real nice community, so here I am.
Jamfalcon
First Video: Killer Instinct

Postby Jamfalcon » 21 Nov 2015, 19:27

Welcome to the forum, both of you! :) Sounds like you'll fit right in, just don't let the spam bots that wander through here occasionally bite. I hear that can get infected real quick.
"Jamfalcon's a super weird name" - Graham

I wrote a book!
Caleb_M
First Video: Customer Servicing

Postby Caleb_M » 24 Nov 2015, 16:38

Hey,

I am getting back into online videos again so I thought I would join the forums and discuss what is happening with D&D and stuff.

I don't remember when I started watching LRR stuff but it was around when they had the video discussing going to youtube to host videos because that site was finally offering HD and wasn't horrible anymore. I dunno 2009 maybe?
alexzorg
First Video: the aftermath

Postby alexzorg » 26 Nov 2015, 05:10

greeting
i'm Alex, from Ohio
stopped by to say hello
registered myself some time ago
Goblin_Ski_Patrol
First Video: Unskippable: The Darkness

Postby Goblin_Ski_Patrol » 29 Nov 2015, 21:17

Hello, my name is Kevin. Long time watcher, found you guys through original Friday Nights on cH.
pbtenchi
First Video: Clanmanders

Postby pbtenchi » 05 Dec 2015, 16:38

Hello, this is my first post, I am Pb, creator of the destroyer of worlds and 3417 year old lich, those of you in the necromancy business may know me.

Return to “General Discussion”