Doctor Who Christmas Special - Voyage of the Dammed

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
AlexanderDitto
Better Than the First Alexander
First Video: Desert Bus 1: The Original!

Postby AlexanderDitto » 28 Dec 2007, 11:39

korri wrote:also... i don't find billy piper that pretty... i think she has a kinda big mouth.. However i do like Freema Agyeman

and randomly i was just on the wikipedia article for dr who's companions and they have Astrid listed... does it count that she was only in one show?

I think it's been rigidly established that a companion is anyone who has traveled in the TARDIS with the Doctor, i.e. Rose's Mom Jackie is technically a companion.

By this definition, Astrid would not be. I suppose it all depends how you define companion, though.

Who cares if he's hot? He's The Doctor. He could sonic screwdriver me any day. :shock:
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 28 Dec 2007, 14:37

korri wrote:i have a thing for geeky guys for some reason... tall and skinny and then put on the buddy holly glasses and i'm pretty much there... and then he has an accent!! I actually think his actual scottish accent is hotter then the brittish one he uses in the show....

seriously an accent + geek chic = Me having a total crush on the dude...

So, how you doing?
Kneuronak
Doink

Postby Kneuronak » 28 Dec 2007, 19:25

I think the qualifying factor for companion is if the doctor invites them along. Jackie does not count, as far as I know, but Adam (Is that his name?) from the revival's Dalek and first Satellite Five episode does.
Who?
rootbeerbaby

Postby rootbeerbaby » 29 Dec 2007, 05:13

I didn't think the show was that great. I thought Kylie really looked her age, probably because they were styling her as if she was 21.

I would have David Tennant any day of the week though. Rose was my favourite companion so far and I'm glad she's coming back.
Will write for root beer
Day is followed by dusk followed by night. Then dusk. Then night. Then dusk again.
emma
CAPS LOCK!

Postby emma » 29 Dec 2007, 16:43

rootbeerbaby wrote:I didn't think the show was that great. I thought Kylie really looked her age, probably because they were styling her as if she was 21.

I think she's looking pretty good for a 40 year old who just got over breast cancer.
korri
First Video: I honestly can't remember...

Postby korri » 01 Jan 2008, 07:46

emma wrote:
rootbeerbaby wrote:I didn't think the show was that great. I thought Kylie really looked her age, probably because they were styling her as if she was 21.

I think she's looking pretty good for a 40 year old who just got over breast cancer.

she's 40?! I didn't know that! damn i hope i look that good when i'm 40!
Hello world, remember me? I'm the sad little fuck that you failed to see, who you should have recognized When you had the chance. Hello motherfuckers now its time to dance

my photos! => http://korrinn.deviantart.com
Alja-Markir
Trebuchet Enthusiast

Postby Alja-Markir » 01 Jan 2008, 08:36

korri wrote:
emma wrote:

she's 40?! I didn't know that! damn i hope i look that good when i'm 40!

Hey, both Kate Bush and Cindy Lauper are in their fifties, ain't they? They're still hella good looking. David Bowie too.

~Alja~
Mouse

Postby Mouse » 03 Jan 2008, 14:17

I loved the Christmas special! If "Doctor Who" was like this in every episode, I'd totally be stoked.
-Holy kleenex, Batman, it was right under our noses the whole time!
-Satan wears a bucket hat!
-If tin whistles are made of tin, what are fog horns made of?
-Lewis has AIDS
-Meddle ye not with dragons, for ye are crunchy and good with ketchup
rootbeerbaby

Postby rootbeerbaby » 07 Jan 2008, 14:05

Usually Kylie looks A.MAZ.ING - I just felt she didn't look so good in this, purely from the way she was styled. She still looked young and healthy. Just not as pretty as when she is styed as Kylie.
Will write for root beer

Day is followed by dusk followed by night. Then dusk. Then night. Then dusk again.

Return to “General Discussion”