LRR fanfiction

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Lyinginbedmon
First Video: BioShocked

LRR fanfiction

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 29 Jan 2009, 08:00

This is mostly just a point to say a few things that have been running through my mind for a while, but I figured since Graham keeps calling the Timeline of the LRRd "fanfiction" (Which is strictly speaking inaccurate) we could use a place to put our actual LRR fiction.

INDEX
The Journal of Arthur Huffle by Lyinginbedmon
Untitled by Alja-Markir
Last edited by Lyinginbedmon on 06 Feb 2009, 08:15, edited 2 times in total.
Morgan wrote:Lyinginbedmon is short, but he makes up for it in awesomeness
King Kool
Quality and Quantity

Postby King Kool » 29 Jan 2009, 08:30

I'm curious about something. Is LRR Fanfiction:

a. Fanfiction about LRR characters (like the WoD and the Small Time guys)
b. Fanfiction about the LRR crew playing themselves (channeling the ghost of Johnny Lunchbox)
c. Fanfiction of the LRR crew themselves (as in, really about them, not their barely-fictional counterparts)
d. Any of the above.

I think B and certainly C is a little weird, but far be it from me to object after my horrifying Jer/duck slash.
a winner is you. - Ash
King Kool, you are wrong. - Graham
King Kool, shut your face. - James
This thread was creepy until KingKool made it AWESOME. - Tombrend
Why this obsession with foam implements? - Metcarfre
Elomin Sha
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Elomin Sha » 29 Jan 2009, 08:31

*Cough*LRRMon Channel *Cough* Video Fan Fiction
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
https://displate.com/elominsha/galleries
If you need art, I take commissions, PM me.
the amativeness
Location: America, where everyone sues everyone, always, for everything.

Postby the amativeness » 29 Jan 2009, 09:49

King Kool wrote:I'm curious about something. Is LRR Fanfiction:

a. Fanfiction about LRR characters (like the WoD and the Small Time guys)
b. Fanfiction about the LRR crew playing themselves (channeling the ghost of Johnny Lunchbox)
c. Fanfiction of the LRR crew themselves (as in, really about them, not their barely-fictional counterparts)
d. Any of the above.

I think B and certainly C is a little weird, but far be it from me to object after my horrifying Jer/duck slash.

LRR fanfiction can be any of the above. Although I don't see option B being that popular, the other two have already had a few (very few) short stories in/on other threads.
zA: How do I relax?
Evil Jim: Jerk off.
Frozengale: You know you're on the internet when Masturbation is the first suggestion.
Evil Jim
First Video: Shake Your Hands

Re: LRR fanfiction

Postby Evil Jim » 29 Jan 2009, 09:55

Lyinginbedmon wrote:... Graham keeps calling the Timeline of the LRRd "fanfiction" (Which is strictly speaking inaccurate) ...

Isn't it up to the LRR crew to determine what is canon & what isn't & therefore fanfiction?
Arius wrote:People were just so awestruck by your awesomeness that they became catatonic.
ThrashJazzAssassin wrote:BURN HIM! BURN THE HERETIC! DEATH TO ALL WHO SCORN THE AWESOMENESS OF EVIL JIM!
Elomin Sha

Re: LRR fanfiction

Postby Elomin Sha » 29 Jan 2009, 11:00

Evil Jim wrote:
Lyinginbedmon wrote:... Graham keeps calling the Timeline of the LRRd "fanfiction" (Which is strictly speaking inaccurate) ...

Isn't it up to the LRR crew to determine what is canon & what isn't & therefore fanfiction?

True, Graham also said that about the complete back history of the Warriors of Darness on AAAL a few weeks ago. "It's extensive, but not canon."
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
Lyinginbedmon

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 29 Jan 2009, 11:09

Yes, but "fanfiction" and "non-canon" are different.

Fanfiction implies something produced by a fan with no relation to actual events despite sharing characters, setting, and/or backstory.

Non-canon means that, regardless of connection to characters, setting, and/or backstory, it is not part of the actual official universe.

The Timeline is (at least mostly) non-canon, the Warriors of Darkness backstory is fanfiction.
Lyinginbedmon

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 29 Jan 2009, 12:38

The Journal of Arthur Huffle

Entry #489
Thursday 22nd March

Today was a fascinating experience, to say the least.

A yellow shortbus arrived in my drive with a clatter, emblazoned on all sides with the logo of LoadingReadyRun, as has been previously arranged.

From the bus I met with the Matt Wiggins, who was quick to inform me of the itinerary and all the costs associated, before handing me a non-disclosure agreement regarding the tour and a liability waiver. He had a rather large selection of pens to choose from, that was the strangest thing.

He soon shuffled back into his seat at the front of the bus and with a bang I would otherwise attribute to a cooking explosion we were on our way once again. The short trip gave me time to investigate the other patrons of this nigh-hazardous vehicle.

Paul Saunders was sat behind Matt with a laptop, whilst James was behind him fiddling with some kind of beaten up satnav device, which seemed to be spewing pieces of circuitry and wiring from nearly every opening.

I made certain not to sit near Morgan, so I took a seat beside Paul and decided at this time to inquire as to our destination.

"The moonbase"

He said it, matter of factly, as though travelling in a pimped-out shortbus to a compound in orbit of the planet were as normal as the laptop he was typing into. Incidently, I never learned what he was working on, it was either a script of plans to improve the efficiency of something.

Soon we passed the unforgettable sight of Evolution, which at this time of day was not particularly busy, but also barely distinguishable from the large cloud of white smoke coming from nearby.

"Bill's mum is doing some decorating for us, she went ahead." Clearly this was meant to be a hint as to the nature of the smoke. I was certain not to inhale it.

The bus drove down an alleyway for a short distance, before dipping below-ground into what I might otherwise have thought was a bunker in and of itself. There, it reached a standstill near the front section of a large room, behind it space enough to store perhaps four mac trucks.

I was told by Matt to secure my seatbelt.

This was a wise warning, as in no time the world seemed to be rotating upward. Paul informed me as to why with little prompting.

"The rockets use the cars as a cockpit, it really cuts down on shipping for supplies and stuff."

A deafening roar began, and lights all around the room flickered into existence, showing heavily-rivetted windows that gave an impressive view. I was told not to leave the bus until everything had stopped moving. It suddenly seemed strange that Matt had not also given me a safety demonstration...

Paul gave me a brief history of the rockets as we climbed through the atmosphere, though I recall only the view from the windows. Eventually something came into view that drew our interests together.

"Arthur, welcome to Canadian Space Station Commodore."

It was massive, the rocket could have fit twice more along its pen-shaped side. It floated above the world in a light shade of sky blue, twirling ever so slightly. The massive wings left no illusions that it was anything but solar powered.

We disembarked, leaving the bus in the rocket behind us. Clearly artificial gravity remains unavailable on the station, but the feeling of floating everywhere was indescribable. It also meant that the equipment, previously piled into the back of the bus, was much easier to transport.

Paul explained that once the rockets were available, he'd spent months putting the station together himself. Not having to breath was undoubtably a bonus to the process, though he bemoaned the sun tan he acquired from the experience.

Stopping at the station was a brief affair, a stop-gap to save rocket fuel apparently. Attached to the top of the structure were four large arrow-shaped...dropships was all I could think to name them. Apparently their official designation was "Falcon", to which Morgan immediately expressed disdain for, leading to a brief argument with Matt. James ceased the row with what I suppose could be described as "Chuck Norris roundhouse kick IN SPACE", something that brought a chuckle in watching.

We flew into Falcon 1 and were swiftly ready to continue the tour. The station had little amenities, clearly it served purely as a halfway-house between Earth and the moonbase, so staying for long was ill-advised.

The Falcon seemed to lack a fuel tank, and the engines lacked anything like a funnel, so I presume this stage of the journey was ion-based. I couldn't tell from where I was sitting, which looked like a first class seat on Virgin Galactic.

The trip to the moon itself was even shorter than the rocket ride, but was easily noticeable because some of Matt's pens, knocked loose when we left the station, clattered to the ground rather abruptly. As did Morgan and James, who had been discussing something in mid-air for much of the trip. Matt was quick to note this was a regular occurence, amid gasps of laughter.

The Falcon descended through a large vertical shaft (Morgan quickly noted it was smaller than his own vertical shaft) before setting in place in a pod of somesort. Gravity reached a fairly normal point there, so I stood upright and was hit by a brief bout of nausea, a normal occurence for those with metabolism, according to Paul.

As had been learned previously, there was no entryway of any kind in the moonbase. An elevator system arrived immediately outside the hatch of the Falcon. In place of floors, the buttons listed locations.

James pushed the button for Prop Storage and with a shudder the elevator began moving. It was then I discovered the moonbase's full grandeur.

It seemed to be a massive block, built clinging to the walls of a cavern underground. Wires and cables fed elevators to each component piece, there literally was no entryway.

Well, I've said too much already, heaven forfend some fiendish rogue should accost me and steal this delightful tale from my hand!
Lyinginbedmon

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 29 Jan 2009, 16:40

Please tell me I didn't kill this thread already...
Elomin Sha

Postby Elomin Sha » 29 Jan 2009, 17:00

I think you did. I'm not sure if LRR is the sort of thing that warrants the need for fanfiction, like Star Wars or Star Trek.
Tim
proudfoot
First Video: Something funny.

Postby Tim » 29 Jan 2009, 17:22

Do want!

I like it. It could use some copy-editing, but meh, I'm a grammar/sentence structure nazi.

I think it's a fascinating concept, and I'd like to see further aspects of the LRRiverse introduced. : )
Special People: Superhero-with-a-twist web fiction, updating twice weekly.
Losing Freight: A sci-fi serial where readers vote on daily polls to shape the future of the story!
Lord Chrusher
Can't Drink Possible Beers
First Video: Door to Door

Postby Lord Chrusher » 29 Jan 2009, 17:30

You were lucky to see that much of the trip to the Moon Base. Usually you are knocked out for the trip. Only after a few trips are you allowed to get away with just being blind folded.
We are all made of star dust. However we are also made of nuclear waste.
Remember to think before you post.
Lyinginbedmon

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 30 Jan 2009, 10:19

My concept for Arthur's visit was a kind of Willy Wonka golden ticket deal.
Tim wrote:Do want!
I think it's a fascinating concept, and I'd like to see further aspects of the LRRiverse introduced. : )
Let's see...I've covered the Warriors of Darkness, the LRROUB...

The Discovery of Phail is a possible next step, but I remind all readers that this isn't a closed project, others are completely free to submit writings of their own.
Tim
proudfoot

Postby Tim » 30 Jan 2009, 10:24

If you read between the lines, what I want to see is fan fiction that I am in. 8)
Losing Freight: A sci-fi serial where readers vote on daily polls to shape the future of the story!
Dutch guy
First Video: History of Halo

Postby Dutch guy » 30 Jan 2009, 10:28

I don't really have any idea's on how to construct the origins of Phail. I do however have some good idea's about how it will destroy the world. (As you've already seen in the "Favorite Apocalypse" thread)
THE DUTCH!! THE DUTCH AGAIN!!!!!
Elomin Sha wrote:Dutch guy is the King of the Dutch.
Lyinginbedmon

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 30 Jan 2009, 10:37

Dutch guy wrote:I don't really have any idea's on how to construct the origins of Phail. I do however have some good idea's about how it will destroy the world. (As you've already seen in the "Favorite Apocalypse" thread)
Well, it's described as a gas or coal-esque material, so my first thought is it was discovered accidentally in an ordinary coal mine (Or ice cream mine!)
Lyinginbedmon

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 02 Feb 2009, 16:04

If I'm snowed in today, I'll be putting a new Warriors of Darkness or Story Guy fanfic in this post. For now it's gone midnight and I'm freezing because my boiler broke a week ago.
Lyinginbedmon

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 06 Feb 2009, 03:17

I'm arachnophobic, so this'll be a fun one to write...

Strange Pet Fellows

The basement was always dark, the lighting wasn't quite right for anything and, though unlikely to end in death, electrical wiring wasn't the forte of the residents.

So instead the basement belonged to creatures of the night.

Like Irwin.

Irwin was a spider, tucked away in his web in the rear corner of the basement.

Irwin had lived here his entire life, though his siblings had long since moved on, and his mother had sadly passed away.

Life in the basement was a fairly quiet affair, the occasional human would happen by but a quick scuttle across the floor would usually send running. Occasionally one would get more daring, apparently they called his kind "wolf spiders", and come down brandishing a long solid object, but Irwin knew the crevices and holes of the basement better than most.

As time went by, tenants entered and left the house. Irwin could tell, they made a lot of noise when they moved stuff around. The latest tenants were somewhat unusual; they made a lot of noise all the time.

Music was the worst; Irwin could never get any rest with that racket blaring all through the house. He could tell at least that only one tenant seemed to enjoy the noise. Eventually it calmed down at night, Irwin thought that tenant left.

Which still left four others. Occasionally they’d venture down into Irwin’s basement, shiny sharp things at their sides, but they didn’t seem to stay long, Irwin wasn’t certain they even knew of him.

<Still a work in progress>
Last edited by Lyinginbedmon on 06 Feb 2009, 11:51, edited 1 time in total.
Bob The Magic Camel

Postby Bob The Magic Camel » 06 Feb 2009, 07:31

Tim wrote:If you read between the lines, what I want to see is fan fiction that I am in. 8)

Yes Tim, but for that you'd require a fan. I Jest, I Jest
This signature has been intentionally left blank.

No marks will be awarded for solutions written on this signature.
Alja-Markir
Trebuchet Enthusiast

Postby Alja-Markir » 06 Feb 2009, 08:03

As he finished gently connecting the dual SATA hard drives, he tenderly ran his fingers across the cooling system. His eyes hungrily devoured the dizzying curves of the CPU fan/heatsink assemblage, and he felt a terrible urge run up his spine and down to his trembling hands.

Tenderly he slid the ATX sidepanel into place, took a firm grip on the thumbscrews, and drove them home with the swift precision of a practiced overclocker. The case gleamed in the red rays of sunset drifting through the open window, and he knew it was now or never.

He took the plug and felt it's girth and pleasing heft. This unassuming device had always served him faithfully, channeling hundreds of watts of electricity into his power supply, often for days at a time. After a moment's hesitation he plunged it into the socket with a satisfying jiggle. At the same instant, he deftly reached over and applied a firm and steady pressure to the on-switch.

Instantly he had a reaction, as gentle humming and murmuring crowded his ears, reverberating from deep within the machine before him. The monitor flickered, bright and gleaming, as the optical mouse quietly pulsed red in his grip. He proceeded slowly, allowing the processor to warm up, the OS to fully actualize, and only when things were just starting to idle did he open up the throttle.

He opened the DVD tray and slid the cool circular disk into it's yearning cavity, opting to close the bay manually with his hand instead of pressing the actual button. New visions flashed within the depths of the monitor, the stars in all their splendor, the infinite expanse of space.

With a shudder he took his joystick into his sweaty palm and could not let go. With every jerk and strain of force-feedback, his nerves tingled, but he couldn't stop now. He was half-way through the mission, and he would be damned if he didn't finish. After all, he'd paid good money for this rare copy of Privateer 2, and those colonists starving of famine two star systems away needed this shipment of supplies badly.

He fired his last missile at the lead pirate closing in on his vessel. It struck home with viscious force, seeming to tear reality itself apart in a moment of pure intensity, sending shockwaves into the farthest reaches of space. He shuddered, and then relaxed, sighing with supreme satisfaction. The other pirate vessels veered off, and he let his tired hand drop from the now still joystick. He'd have to upgrade his main guns at the next spaceport, but for now he let the sweet embrace of exhaustion over power him as he readied the jump drive for his next encounter.

~Alja~
Tim
proudfoot

Postby Tim » 06 Feb 2009, 08:25

You never said the name "Paul" in that sorry, yet it's so obvious who you're writing about.

I am severely creeped out...
SamsonWest

Postby SamsonWest » 06 Feb 2009, 11:38

The problem is Tim that any fan fiction someone even starts to write about you will no doubt end up being Slash Tim/Matt.

And that is something the world does not need
Lyinginbedmon

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 06 Feb 2009, 11:39

I can name at least two demographics that would enjoy it.
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 06 Feb 2009, 13:07

I can name at least one person that has already written it. I would post it, but I fear for my own sanity, what a mere glimpse of such a thing might do.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
tak197
Feito Com Fruta
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby tak197 » 06 Feb 2009, 13:34

Someone needs to repost the awesome Riley Rodriguez slash from one of the podcast threads. It was so funny and awkward, but I think I remember Graham and James saying, as disturbing as it was, they LOL'd.

Return to “General Discussion”