Desert Bus 3 Craft-Along Auction Items

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Mad Madam Mimm
First Video: Omnilingual
Location: Merry Ol' England. An almost interesting place. Almost.

Re: Desert Bus 3 Craft-Along Auction Items

Postby Mad Madam Mimm » 01 Sep 2009, 07:34

Thanks Dreamer. I don't know what English comic book conventions are like either (*grumble grumble growing up in the middle of nowhere growl*). But I was thinking of doing a pink background-ed WCMLG Kate. I'm not sure whether I should do these by request or just find some screen shots... send me some, I'll make them, how's that?
Yaxley wrote:I think life occasionally needs someone to ask "Okay, seriously guys. What the hell is going on?"

2 Students, 1 Alien (1 cat, 1 blob and several supporting characters, not to mention weekly sillies)

Tap-dancing Transvestite Ventriloquist
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 01 Sep 2009, 09:10

That would be awesome!
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
James
LRR Crew

Postby James » 01 Sep 2009, 11:40

Mad Madam Mimm That is awesome! I would love to see more!
Mad Madam Mimm

Postby Mad Madam Mimm » 01 Sep 2009, 11:50

Guess what? I fail at figuring out how to take screen shots!! Shoudl be going to town on sunday, and I'll be able to pick up some more acetate. If people want to provide me with cool looking screen shots/still images of the crew, then don't hesitate to do so. And if someone could get me a shot of kate looking gangsta, I would be veeery happy.
Yaxley wrote:I think life occasionally needs someone to ask "Okay, seriously guys. What the hell is going on?"

2 Students, 1 Alien (1 cat, 1 blob and several supporting characters, not to mention weekly sillies)

Chemistring

Postby Chemistring » 01 Sep 2009, 18:31

Mad Madam Mimm wrote:Prototype LRR art, complete with screen reflection.

Wow! Awesome work!
Evil Jim
First Video: Shake Your Hands

Postby Evil Jim » 01 Sep 2009, 19:47

Mad Madam Mimm wrote:Guess what? I fail at figuring out how to take screen shots!! Shoudl be going to town on sunday, and I'll be able to pick up some more acetate. If people want to provide me with cool looking screen shots/still images of the crew, then don't hesitate to do so. And if someone could get me a shot of kate looking gangsta, I would be veeery happy.

Here is my favourite West Coast Mother Loving Gs shot, as well as more from the same blog entry & this thread featuring some of our forumites as Gs. Think Pink!
Last edited by Evil Jim on 27 Nov 2010, 04:47, edited 1 time in total.
Arius wrote:People were just so awestruck by your awesomeness that they became catatonic.
ThrashJazzAssassin wrote:BURN HIM! BURN THE HERETIC! DEATH TO ALL WHO SCORN THE AWESOMENESS OF EVIL JIM!
Mad Madam Mimm

Postby Mad Madam Mimm » 02 Sep 2009, 03:43

You're a very wonderful person, Jim.

Mad Madam Mimm

Postby Mad Madam Mimm » 03 Sep 2009, 11:41

Double post for bumpage: Haaa

These two are going to be sent in, with a coupon for one custom piece of mimm original artwork, made to the auction winner's specifications

Theremin
First Video: A girl must have some secrets.

Postby Theremin » 03 Sep 2009, 11:48

Bow before the effigy, Runners.

Are you bowing? Good.
Lyinginbedmon
First Video: BioShocked

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 03 Sep 2009, 12:19

Mad Madam Mimm wrote:These two are going to be sent in, with a coupon for one custom piece of mimm original artwork, made to the auction winner's specifications

I think Brad got something like that from Tensen.

Don't think it's turned up, since he asked for himself riding a unicorn down the Eiffel tower being pursued by the desert bus. :D
Morgan wrote:Lyinginbedmon is short, but he makes up for it in awesomeness
Mad Madam Mimm

Postby Mad Madam Mimm » 03 Sep 2009, 12:20

I heard it was a velociraptor, not a unicorn. But seriously, I'll give anything a shot. It's for the children.

TheRocket
First Video: Those Games That We Played

Postby TheRocket » 03 Sep 2009, 15:13

Evil Jim wrote:
Mad Madam Mimm wrote:Guess what? I fail at figuring out how to take screen shots!! Shoudl be going to town on sunday, and I'll be able to pick up some more acetate. If people want to provide me with cool looking screen shots/still images of the crew, then don't hesitate to do so. And if someone could get me a shot of kate looking gangsta, I would be veeery happy.

Here is my favourite West Coast Mother Loving Gs shot, as well as more from the same blog entry & this thread featuring some of our forumites as Gs. Think Pink!

Holy fuck, there is a blog!!
Walk in like DeNiro, and leave like Brando.

You're living proof that Darwin was a moron.
Brad
First Video: Dunno. First one I was in was Zombiewalk

Postby Brad » 03 Sep 2009, 15:32

Mad Madam Mimm wrote:I heard it was a velociraptor, not a unicorn. But seriously, I'll give anything a shot. It's for the children.

Wow, I would totally let Tensen off the hook for his $250 no show of me riding the velociraptor down the eiffle tower weilding a lightsaber for one in that style Mimm - those are awesome. And hey, if you brits get on the horn and donate a total of 500 bucks (that's like, 30 GBP if I did the conversion right), I'll even be in England during desert bus.
All hail the great deku tree!
Twitter
Flickr
Lyinginbedmon
First Video: BioShocked

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 03 Sep 2009, 15:47

Brad wrote:And hey, if you brits get on the horn and donate a total of 500 bucks (that's like, 30 GBP if I did the conversion right), I'll even be in England during desert bus.

More like £277.5

Besides, why would you want to miss the magic of Desert Bus when you have the chance of actually being there. Think of how much money you could raise for the children by just appearing on drivercam.
Morgan wrote:Lyinginbedmon is short, but he makes up for it in awesomeness
Brad
First Video: Dunno. First one I was in was Zombiewalk

Postby Brad » 03 Sep 2009, 16:15

Lyinginbedmon wrote:
Brad wrote:And hey, if you brits get on the horn and donate a total of 500 bucks (that's like, 30 GBP if I did the conversion right), I'll even be in England during desert bus.

More like £277.5

Besides, why would you want to miss the magic of Desert Bus when you have the chance of actually being there. Think of how much money you could raise for the children by just appearing on drivercam.

Last time I was able to claim a few thousand bucks in donations from stuff I told people to donate for. This time I intend to whore myself out to other countries.
All hail the great deku tree!

Twitter

Flickr

tak197
Feito Com Fruta

Postby tak197 » 03 Sep 2009, 16:30

Brad wrote:Last time I was able to claim a few thousand bucks in donations from stuff I told people to donate for. This time I intend to whore myself out to other countries.

Just steer clear of Thailand. I hear they have like the worst going rates for whores in the world, male or female.

Also, be cautious in Italy. If Berlusconi caught wind of it, you may get offered a position in the EU parliament.
illuviel
First Video: Fun with Microwaves

Postby illuviel » 25 Sep 2009, 07:17

Hi. I'm utterly thrilled that the craft-along has been chugging along stupendously while I was off being ill and flaky, attention- and short-term-memory deficient. :oops:

Now that I've scrabbled up for air again, hi! Go Team Craft-Along, Go! Y'all rock mightily. Doublethanks to Chemistring for, on beyond being a crafty fiend, keeping the Ravelry folks in the loop (as it were).

--Zed's mom
Mad Madam Mimm

Postby Mad Madam Mimm » 25 Sep 2009, 12:21

I mailed off the finished products, but haven't recieved word back on whether tehy arrived or not. Kind of worrying with all the postal strikes going on over here...

Can teh crew confirm or deny that a little English Jiffy bag made it through to them?

Tally
First Video: 1337 rap

Postby Tally » 01 Nov 2009, 12:02

Mad Madam Mimm, those artworks are way cool! Everything I've seen in this thread is way cool. I'm so excited for Desert Bus!

I think someday we need to have an internet craft fair featuring the work of all LRR fans...
Tally
First Video: 1337 rap

Postby Tally » 01 Nov 2009, 12:06

Hey, Chemistring or someone else who knits/crochets: ever thought about doing small LRR or Desert Bus themed objects (LRR logo, bus, desert scene, Jangles and Jones, 64K, etc.) and running a hook through the top for Christmas tree decorations? Could be really cute. Could even have a whole set of little LRR ornaments. I'd do something like this, but I'm lousy at knitting and never learned to crochet. I might try it out of paper, but I think yarn would be cuter and more durable.
tak197
Feito Com Fruta

Postby tak197 » 01 Nov 2009, 16:07

Tally wrote:Hey, Chemistring or someone else who knits/crochets: ever thought about doing small LRR or Desert Bus themed objects (LRR logo, bus, desert scene, Jangles and Jones, 64K, etc.) and running a hook through the top for Christmas tree decorations? Could be really cute. Could even have a whole set of little LRR ornaments. I'd do something like this, but I'm lousy at knitting and never learned to crochet. I might try it out of paper, but I think yarn would be cuter and more durable.

I know my family has some crocheted ornaments as well as some paper ones. Both actually faired pretty well. Go for it. I know I have some work to do on some books.
AlexanderDitto
Better Than the First Alexander
First Video: Desert Bus 1: The Original!

Postby AlexanderDitto » 01 Nov 2009, 21:30

So! I am glad this thread got necro'd, because I have a question.

Say one were, THEORETICALLY, to be working on knitting a scarf to donate to Desert Bus. And say HYPOTHETICALLY that this scarf were a tastefully understated little number that subtly incorporated the LRR logo.

Should the logo always be pointing in the same direction along the length of the scarf, so that when the scarf is worn the logos would be pointing in opposite directions, or should they both be pointing inwards, or both be pointing outwards, so when the scarf is hung around the neck they are both pointing in the same direction?

Opinions? This is for THEORETICAL USE only and will not have any impact on any sort of scarf that I am knitting.
Sieg Reyu
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby Sieg Reyu » 01 Nov 2009, 21:35

Would any one be interested in buying a big rubber band ball?
Image Image Image
Chemistring

Postby Chemistring » 02 Nov 2009, 20:42

Tally wrote:Hey, Chemistring or someone else who knits/crochets: ever thought about doing small LRR or Desert Bus themed objects (LRR logo, bus, desert scene, Jangles and Jones, 64K, etc.) and running a hook through the top for Christmas tree decorations? Could be really cute. Could even have a whole set of little LRR ornaments. I'd do something like this, but I'm lousy at knitting and never learned to crochet. I might try it out of paper, but I think yarn would be cuter and more durable.

I hadn't considered it, but it's a good idea and something I'll keep in mind for next year. So many ideas, not enough time! I'm pretty swamped trying to finish the stuff I already have in progress so I can ship ASAP. I was hoping to be done this past weekend, but I've been overwhelmed by water falling from my ceiling and other locations...apparently I'm getting new plumbing on the installment plan. :x

Hopefully I'll have everything done and ready to ship by the weekend. (Teaser: Metroid hat, size XS - S).
Chemistring

Postby Chemistring » 08 Nov 2009, 11:10

Bringing this back to the top! Here's my last round of contributions for the DBfH craft-along.

First up, more head-nomming goodness:
6) Chain Chomp 2, now with even more chomping power!
Women's L-XL, men's M-L
7) Metroid Hat
Women's S-M, men's XS-S. This turned out rather smaller than I expected, but I didn't want to run out of green yarn half way through. :| This one is 100% wool, so hand wash only unless you want a coaster or Xmas tree ornament.
And no, the book is NOT included. :P

And now for something completely different...and because I'm a practical person at heart...

8 ) Mario @ Home Bath Set
Bathroom towel set with cross-stitch embellishments. Hand towel has "Bitter Luigi" pattern, bath towel has "The evolution of Mario". Set comes with a matching terry face cloth, and a green hand knit Luigi washcloth (not shown).

9) Alternate Endings Kitchen Set
For the gamer who want to explore all their options, and get every possible ending. Three dish towels and three dish cloths. Dish towels have cross-stitched character pairings, dish cloths (not shown) have an image of Mario (orange), Bowser (yellow), and Princess Peach (beige).

Whew! I think that's it. It's amazing how many crafts you can start when you're unemployed for almost 6 months and have a good sized craft supply stash. Also amazing: how hard it is to be depressed about your lack of job while crocheting evil skeleton dolls. :mrgreen: Loading Ready Run - cheaper than therapy!

Now, to finish packing them up and off to the post office.

Return to “General Discussion”