Ancient Communication Methods

Is there something you want to see? Give us suggestions here.
waZelda
First Video: The job

Ancient Communication Methods

Postby waZelda » 30 Nov 2011, 10:15

I haven't descided which time period it takes place in, but sometime way back.

Locations: Three different nature shots, two offices and right outside one of those offices.

Characters: the messenger (should have some kind of shorts that look suited to run in), the baron, the baron's assistance and lord T. A painter is also visible in one shot.

First scene is in Lord T's office.
LORD T (seals an envellope): "Messenger!"
MESSENGER quickly comes to his side.
LORD T: "I need this letter delivered to the Baron of Borg as quickly as possible."
MESSENGER: "Yes, my lord."

We see messenger running through all the three different nature shots, then we see him knock on a door. The assistant opens the door and accepts the letter.

Now a shot of the office with the Baron of Bong.

ASSISTANT: "Important letter from Lord Thrimbletrimmer."
BARON (accepts the letter): "Good!"
Over-the-shoulder shot of the Baron opening and reading the letter that says "what's up?"
We see a short clip of the Baron reaching for his pen (prefarably a feather).

Outside the door we see the Messenger catching his breath, then the assistant comes out and hands him a new letter. We then see the Messenger running back, still reasonably light on his feet.

Next shot we see Lord T opening the letter while in the background the messenger is wiping the sweat off his forehead. Then we see the letter, which says "Nothing." Just as Messenger is about to walk again, Lord T calls "Messenger!"

New shots of messenger running, each shot somewhat shorter than earlier.

This time when the Baron reads the letter it says "Lol" with a smiley face drawn at the end.

The messenger runs back. You can tell from the music that he is starting to get tired.

Lord T reads the letter that says "wanna play a game?"

Now we only see the second location - the one in the middle - with Messenger running right to left, then left to right and so on. Both his body langueage and the music reflect how he is gradually getting more tired. It should also be getting darker. Eventually the screen turns black, with the text "12 hours later". It is now morning and Messenger is so tired he sits down on a rock and breathe heavily.

Messenger looks at the letter in his hand, then suspiciously look to the left and right before he opens it to read. The letter says "Queen from D1 to A4."

Messenger looks up from the letter, shaking with rage and shouts "THRIMBLETRIMMER!"

Ending:
Messenger burst into Lord T's office, where the Lord is sitting with his chess board while we see a painter in the background, who is busy painting.
MESSENGER (furiously): I quit! (knocks the chess pieces off the board)

Stinger:
The Baron opens up a letter, which contains a painting of a cat wearing a knight helmet. Underneath the painting it is written "I can haz knighthood?"
All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then wouldn't hurt.
Fezzul
First Video: Toothy Smile

Re: Ancient Communication Methods

Postby Fezzul » 01 Dec 2011, 19:54

I like this.

The messenger would be a good Andy role.
-----------------------------------------
And that's the news. Skeptics remain skeptical.

Return to “Video Suggestions”