X Ways to Y:The Thread

Is there something you want to see? Give us suggestions here.
Tzimisce
First Video: it's magic

Re: X Ways to Y:The Thread

Postby Tzimisce » 25 Apr 2013, 04:56

madhousezack wrote:x ways to Dungeons and Dragons

lol, there is so many options.

there is:
the home: nice living room table, snacks ect. everyone involved
the home: people around a table, but other people are watching sports and making fun of the gamers.

at work: at lunch break
at work: in the office(not on lunch)

the game shop: people sitting around yellowjackets having a good time
the game shop: people sitting around yellowjackets, people keep showing up asking to join. lots of sighs.

the 4e: sitting around a table, some books are on the table
the 4e: so many books, minis, cards, dice ect. that no one can see over the table

the 2e: old books with ratty covers, lots of dust
the 2e: paul teleports back to the 80's to play AD&D

the LARP: people dressing up in costumes and swords ect
the LARP: someone trying to convince a girl to wear a "female armor" piece and getting shot down.
I am Tzimisce.
I am incredibly warped and Twisted...
Would you like to be, too?
My Mom passed away Oct 14 2015, looking for some light in the darkness. Seeking help for final costs.
http://www.gofundme.com/gzmie4
Ptangmatik
First Video: probably one of the 1st unskippables

Postby Ptangmatik » 05 Jun 2013, 06:57

Ways to combat global warming

Breathe directly into a tree: hook up a facemask to a hose to a tree

Education: Teacher in front of a class draws eyes and a frown on a globe then sets it on fire. The students ignore him and focus on their smartphones

Fight fossil fuels directly: punching charcoal briquettes montage

Turn off lights: Person A turns off a light switch making the shot too dark for him to see, without being too dark that the audience can’t see him. He turns around, steps forward and immediately trips over a chair in his way

Research cleaner fuels: scientist A with a clip board takes notes and follows scientist B as he attempts to set light to objects that have been placed in a row on a table: an apple, a mug, when he goes to set light to the third item, a smartphone, person C walks into shot, grabs the smartphone and punches scientist A, knocking him to the floor. Items in the row that the scientist doesn’t get to include a cuddly toy, a living cat and the cd case for Aliens Colonial Marines

Re-education: Teacher, looking very tired, stands in front of a class with a box on his desk that says ‘electronic devices’. He gestures at a whiteboard on which there are 2 worlds, the one on the left is a world with a smiley face on it and ‘GOOD’ written in thick green letters underneath, the second one has a frowny face, flames coming out the top of it and ‘BAD’ written in thick red letters beneath it. The students ignore him again

Stop using deodorant: Person walks into a shop, everyone faints. Person shrugs, picks up an item off the shelves and walks out again

Use less fuel: Person A and B walk out to the car, do a round of ‘rock, paper, scissors’. The winner sits on the bonnet and picks up a whip. The loser dejectedly puts on a horse collar, stands in front of the car which is roped to the collar and starts to try to pull the car forwards.

Refute the laws of thermodynamics: Scientist A is working on a board full of equations. Scientist B walks up, rubs out a number after an equals sign and replaces the number rubbed out with 'Profit!'. Scientist A then either slaps B or kicks B in the balls.

Pedal power!: Person A in lycra and fingerless bike gloves walks out the front door and into the drive while strapping on a helmet, walks just past the camera, which swings around to reveal him getting into a pedalo ‘parked’ on the pavement

Indoctrination: Student is tied to a chair, with their head and neck restrained so they can only look forwards. Teacher, looking completely haggard, is stood in front of him with the same whiteboard as ‘re-education’. The student is petrified.

Fight pollution: Two shady looking guys are tipping water out a barrel into a field: either a policeman or David vanderPunch leaps into the scene. The two shady guys panic and put their hands up, policeman/vanderPunch shoots/ punches the field where the water was landing

Fight (pollution crossed out) polluters: Two shady looking guys are tipping water out of a barrel into a field, a policeman/ vanderPunch leaps into the scene and gestures at the puddle of water in the field. The two shady guys get the message and start trying to scoop the water back into the barrel. The camera zooms in on the policeman’s/vanderPunch’s face, he smiles to the camera.

Recycling: person A holding a large clear plastic bin liner bag full of empty cream pie trays cheering on person B sat in a chair forcing down another pie, face smeared with cream (perhaps also with a pillow down their jumper? not a full fat suit though)

Mishear objectives: Person takes an electric razor to a patch of grass to ‘shave’ the environment with buzzing sound effect

The Sam Raimi: The camera goes up to an electrical plug in a socket, a hand comes in to shot and unplugs the plug. Cut to black, then credits.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What do you guys (ie. anyone) think?
Geoff_B wrote: ... Even for here, that was weird.
ocelotteranian
First Video: Omnilingual

Postby ocelotteranian » 07 Jun 2013, 22:08

Breathe directly into a tree cracked me up! There's something about the absolute lack of logic involved that just makes it completely hilarious to me. I really like when the ways miss the point completely.

I also really liked use less fuel; I have no clue why, but I was picturing Paul and Matt doing that one? They just both have wonderfully expressive faces, I guess? Anyway, figure it's gotta be a good sign if someone can picture the LRR crew doing it.

I don't think I get re-education though. That's the only one I would absolutely cut.
Ptangmatik

Postby Ptangmatik » 07 Jun 2013, 23:34

Thanks Ocelot! I appreciate the feedback.

Re-education was my attempt to link from Education to Indoctrination and I see your point. It's probably better off either cut or changed to have the teacher pull out a pocket watch on a chain and fail to hypnotise his students, or something. Hmmm. I'll have a think about it.
General Michi
First Video: 3 PS3s

Postby General Michi » 09 Jun 2013, 03:29

Ways To Take Over The World!

Opening: Group of students graduating from "School for Evil Overlords"

Start Small
Shot of a whiteboard labelled "Small Island Nations" at the top and with a list of (fake) small islands with a variety of notes next to them. Evil overlord circles one with the note "unpopulated".

Research
Shot of a table littered with James Bond movies. Camera pans up to evil overlord with a notepad. Overlord gives an "Ah, I see" expression and scribbles on the notepad.

Claim Everything
Shot of evil overlord writing their name on a variety of objects

Mass Confusion
Shot of evil overlord dancing in public in silly hats, wigs etc. Someone walks past, looks at the overlord, "can not compute" facial expression, collapses. Overlord stops, takes out a notepad, scribbles on it, continues dancing.

Hold The World Hostage
Shot of evil overlord laughing maniacally on the phone while pointing a gun at the ground.

Hired Help
Shot of a queue of a variety of people in mercenary outfits outside a door with a "Henchmen Tryouts" sign on it. (maybe warriors of darkness walk out of the door sulking)

Brainwashing
Shot of someone playing WOW with evil overlord behind them drumming his/her fingers together and smiling. Just before the shot cuts away the evil overlord stops smiling and gets hypnotized by the computer screen.

Kill The Source
Shot of evil overlord throwing belts into an off-screen fire. Overlord stops when s/he finds one s/he likes and puts it on looking pleased with them-self.

Form Alliances
Overlord walks into Evil Inc.'s office (shot from outside office)

Break Alliances
Same shot as "form alliances" with a "punch" sound effect.

Chemical Warfare
Shot of evil overlord eating a burrito.

When All Else Fails . . .
Shot of evil overlord reviewing failed attempts, shrugs and takes out a remote with one button labelled "Like, ALL the missiles"

The Sam Rami
The camera ends up at the evil overlord reading "Necronomicon Ex-Mortis For Dummies". When the overlord sees the camera s/he gets up to shake it's hand.
We put the brick on the accelerator.

Image Image

Twitter Steam Tumblblar
charl
First Video: First episode of Check Point

Postby charl » 09 Jun 2013, 08:22

X ways to escape North Korea.
ElFuzzy
First Video: Star Ocean: The Last Hope

Postby ElFuzzy » 09 Jun 2013, 09:25

X ways to use a towel
Rubberbandninja
First Video: Crime and Punishment. I think.

Postby Rubberbandninja » 11 Jun 2013, 04:36

Ways to cure Beej's memism (memilepsy?). Mainly done by Scientist Paul, with various others assisting:

Hypnosis
Electroshock
TED videos (or some other form of intelligent internet content)
Brain surgery
Hacking (keyboard cord plugged into Beej's ear, Paul typing)
Restart (pushing and holding belly button, Beej collapses)
Vulcan mind meld
Threats
Hard restart (bonking him on the head)
Crazy things only Paul could think of

Will any of it work? LRR only knows.
"A chicken in every house. A cat in every house. A chicken in every cat!"
- Kathleen DeVere, future Princess of Romania
fred1840
First Video: Unskippable

Postby fred1840 » 13 Jun 2013, 06:13

Maybe you could do a "ways to be Canadian", thinking of living in an igloo, fighting a bear, buying maple syrup etc. :)
Lurkon
First Video: Man Cooking: Meatshroom

Postby Lurkon » 13 Jun 2013, 06:14

fred1840 wrote:Maybe you could do a "ways to be Canadian", thinking of living in an igloo, fighting a bear, buying maple syrup etc. :)

This would make a really good Canada Day video, I think.
Do a Pivot Table!

"Cover me in lube and call me an athlete!" ~ Kathleen De Vere
Geoff_B
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Postby Geoff_B » 13 Jun 2013, 06:24

I thought this sounded similar to the season 1 video "A Tribute To Canada" but that one focused on canadian inventions
Twitter|Google+|Tumblr|Facebook|Steam|Skype: gmbridges

I survived spaMEGAdon and all I got was this lousy signature joke.

#TeamMonica, #TeamMaki, #TeamTavis
tamaness
First Video: LRReview: Desert Bus

Postby tamaness » 13 Jun 2013, 08:55

fred1840 wrote:Maybe you could do a "ways to be Canadian", thinking of living in an igloo, fighting a bear, buying maple syrup etc. :)

Say "aboot" and "eh."
Print signs and documents in English and French
...I can't think of any more stereotypes/misconceptions aboot Canadia.
Clerik
First Video: "More Sleep".

Postby Clerik » 28 Jun 2013, 06:31

"X ways to avoid surveillance" is starting to look promising.

Also, "x ways to waste time" is a given
Merrymaker_Mortalis
First Video: ENN's First Episode on Escapist

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 21 Oct 2013, 03:15

X ways to avoid doing Y

Like if you have an essay to write, and you keep thinking of things that "are more important to do" to avoid writing the essay.
Robo4900

Postby Robo4900 » 10 Nov 2013, 13:25

Ways to waste money.
"If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."
Danielle Pepin

Postby Danielle Pepin » 13 Mar 2014, 11:38

Ways To Get Into PAX (or PAX East) Last Minute Without a Ticket
Image Image
Click here, receive tweet: http://twitter.com/DaniellePepinAI
Smeghead
Bear Hunter S
First Video: The Writers Room

Postby Smeghead » 27 May 2014, 04:07

Ways to know if they are out to get you
Ptangmatik

Postby Ptangmatik » 10 Jun 2014, 04:19

Ways to give negative feedback

Go on the defensive
Person A has riot gear (Puffer jacket where Kevlar is not available), riot helmet, riot shield and a litter grabber holding a page of writing covered in red highlighting, which they pass to Person B then cower behind the shield.

Distract with a party
When person B walks into a room, confetti falls from the ceiling, persons A and C (and maybe D, E, etc.) leap out from behind a couch in cheesy cone party hats and party horns (Those things unfurl as you blow in them then make a noise. I never realized they actually had a name until I was 27 years old) then and a banner on the wall behind them unfurls that reads “You’re Mediocre!”

Go on the offensive
Person A boots Person B in the crotch. When they bend over in pain, they see the page of writing full of red highlighting on the floor, pick it up and straighten up. When they turn to speak to Person A, Person A punches them right in the face, making them fall over backwards, still clutching the page.

Say it with cake
Person A hands Person B a cake box, which Person B opens. The cake has fancy icing, with a big D- in the middle.

Say it with burrito
Person A hands Person B a burrito wrapped in the red highlighted page of text. Person B is happy. (thumbs up?)

Practice in a mirror
Person A is holding the red highlighted page up to a mirror, gesticulating

That is actually two-way glass
Person B is stood on the other side of a window, arms folded, watching as Person A makes the gestures they were making above.

Magic
Person A (wearing eveningwear, top hat and cape?) offers Person B the choice of a card, any card. Person B chooses one, looks at it, then replaces it in the deck. Person A, holding the deck of cards, points past person B, who turns to look. Person A then throws the pack of cards into the air behind/above themselves. Person B looks back and is surprised by Person A’s empty hands, completely ignoring any cards still fluttering around. Person A points at Person B’s shirt pocket, and Person B pulls out and unfolds the folded up page of red highlighting from that pocket, then looks up to where Person A was stood, but Person A has vanished.

Wonkavision
Person B is watching a LRRcast on TV in which Person A is participating. Person A gets up from the desk, walks right up the camera, points at Person B and does a thumbs down, blowing a raspberry, while the rest of the LRRcast continues as though Person A had not moved.

Hire ninjas
The shot is chest and above, Person B walks into a room. The lights go out, and when they come back on, Person B is holding the page full of red highlighting. The camera angle broadens vertically (for which I do not know the technical term) to reveal that they also now have a katana stabbed through their stomach. They fall over.

The Sam Raimi
A pointing hand fills about half the screen, the camera runs up to Person B on a couch holding a console controller, and the hand does a thumbs-down. The person on the couch pulls a full-on grumpy face.

Thoughts? Feelings? Excisions/Additions? Cake? I am well prepared for feedback on this one
Geoff_B

Postby Geoff_B » 10 Jun 2014, 04:25

Ways to react to E3 announcements
Twitter|Google+|Tumblr|Facebook|Steam|Skype: gmbridges

I survived spaMEGAdon and all I got was this lousy signature joke.

#TeamMonica, #TeamMaki, #TeamTavis
Darkflame
First Video: Quantum Documentary

Postby Darkflame » 26 Sep 2014, 16:17

Ptangmatik wrote:Ways to give negative feedback

Go on the defensive
Person A has riot gear (Puffer jacket where Kevlar is not available), riot helmet, riot shield and a litter grabber holding a page of writing covered in red highlighting, which they pass to Person B then cower behind the shield.

Distract with a party
When person B walks into a room, confetti falls from the ceiling, persons A and C (and maybe D, E, etc.) leap out from behind a couch in cheesy cone party hats and party horns (Those things unfurl as you blow in them then make a noise. I never realized they actually had a name until I was 27 years old) then and a banner on the wall behind them unfurls that reads “You’re Mediocre!”

Go on the offensive
Person A boots Person B in the crotch. When they bend over in pain, they see the page of writing full of red highlighting on the floor, pick it up and straighten up. When they turn to speak to Person A, Person A punches them right in the face, making them fall over backwards, still clutching the page.

Say it with cake
Person A hands Person B a cake box, which Person B opens. The cake has fancy icing, with a big D- in the middle.

Say it with burrito
Person A hands Person B a burrito wrapped in the red highlighted page of text. Person B is happy. (thumbs up?)

Practice in a mirror
Person A is holding the red highlighted page up to a mirror, gesticulating

That is actually two-way glass
Person B is stood on the other side of a window, arms folded, watching as Person A makes the gestures they were making above.

Magic
Person A (wearing eveningwear, top hat and cape?) offers Person B the choice of a card, any card. Person B chooses one, looks at it, then replaces it in the deck. Person A, holding the deck of cards, points past person B, who turns to look. Person A then throws the pack of cards into the air behind/above themselves. Person B looks back and is surprised by Person A’s empty hands, completely ignoring any cards still fluttering around. Person A points at Person B’s shirt pocket, and Person B pulls out and unfolds the folded up page of red highlighting from that pocket, then looks up to where Person A was stood, but Person A has vanished.

Wonkavision
Person B is watching a LRRcast on TV in which Person A is participating. Person A gets up from the desk, walks right up the camera, points at Person B and does a thumbs down, blowing a raspberry, while the rest of the LRRcast continues as though Person A had not moved.

Hire ninjas
The shot is chest and above, Person B walks into a room. The lights go out, and when they come back on, Person B is holding the page full of red highlighting. The camera angle broadens vertically (for which I do not know the technical term) to reveal that they also now have a katana stabbed through their stomach. They fall over.

The Sam Raimi
A pointing hand fills about half the screen, the camera runs up to Person B on a couch holding a console controller, and the hand does a thumbs-down. The person on the couch pulls a full-on grumpy face.

Thoughts? Feelings? Excisions/Additions? Cake? I am well prepared for feedback on this one

:D Love them!

Alternative for the Sam Raimi:

The camera (no hand) runs about the place and is almost court upto someone when it falls over, ending face up the sky. The person it was running to walks over, looks down, shakes head and makes a note on the clipboard they were caring before walking off.
http://www.fanficmaker.com <-- Tells some truly terrible tales.
--
Last update; Mice,Plumbers,Animatronics and Airbenders. We also have the socials; Facebook & G+. Give us a like if you can, it all helps.
Tzimisce

Postby Tzimisce » 11 Nov 2014, 00:31

X ways to winter!
I am Tzimisce.
My Mom passed away Oct 14 2015, looking for some light in the darkness. Seeking help for final costs.
AdmiralMemo
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Postby AdmiralMemo » 11 Nov 2014, 01:52

X ways to prepare for Desert Bus 9, released shortly after Desert Bus 8
Graham wrote:The point is: Nyeh nyeh nyeh. I'm an old man.
LRRcast wrote:Paul: That does not answer that question at all.
James: Who cares about that question? That's a good answer.

Tzimisce

Postby Tzimisce » 11 Nov 2014, 03:19

AdmiralMemo wrote:X ways to prepare for Desert Bus 9, released shortly after Desert Bus 8

Lol it should be filmed live at DB 8

"Welcome to DB 8 now to save time we plan for DB 9"

But then i could see it devolve into all the crewmembers running around repeating 'nine nine nine desert bus nine nine." With hats and costumes being flung into the air.
I am Tzimisce.
Darkflame
First Video: Quantum Documentary

Postby Darkflame » 16 Dec 2014, 19:05

well, umm...does this thread close now? :P
http://www.fanficmaker.com <-- Tells some truly terrible tales.
--
Last update; Mice,Plumbers,Animatronics and Airbenders. We also have the socials; Facebook & G+. Give us a like if you can, it all helps.
AdmiralMemo
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Postby AdmiralMemo » 17 Dec 2014, 05:48

I hope not.

Even if X Ways to Y is over (of which I'm not completely convinced), we can still have 11 years of X Fan Ways to Y, I think. :D
Graham wrote:The point is: Nyeh nyeh nyeh. I'm an old man.
LRRcast wrote:Paul: That does not answer that question at all.
James: Who cares about that question? That's a good answer.

Return to “Video Suggestions”