Desert Bus Craft-a-long

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
steelfox

Desert Bus Craft-a-long

Postby steelfox » 06 Oct 2009, 23:08

I'm not really sure where to put this...

My wonderfully crafty girlfriend has a submission for the DB3 Craft-a-long thing.

Be the proud owner of a one of a kind LRR Scarf!

Bigger Image:
http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj90/Steelfox13/011.jpg?t=1254898614

Once complete it will be about 64 inches long the section shown is 16 inches and will be on each end of the scarf. The middle will be alternating black and blue and the reverse side will be lined with blue fleece for added warmth and style.

Tell me what you think.
Matt wrote:AND IF SHE'S DEAD SHE CAN'T SAY NO.

-M
masamune
First Video: -

Re: Desert Bus Craft-a-long

Postby masamune » 07 Oct 2009, 01:15

that's really rad.
Mad Madam Mimm
First Video: Omnilingual
Location: Merry Ol' England. An almost interesting place. Almost.

Postby Mad Madam Mimm » 07 Oct 2009, 01:27

Apparently my pictures are with the crew, as well as a coupon for one-off, custom made artwork to the winner's specifications. Over to you guys.
Yaxley wrote:I think life occasionally needs someone to ask "Okay, seriously guys. What the hell is going on?"

2 Students, 1 Alien (1 cat, 1 blob and several supporting characters, not to mention weekly sillies)

Tap-dancing Transvestite Ventriloquist
AlexanderDitto
Better Than the First Alexander
First Video: Desert Bus 1: The Original!

Postby AlexanderDitto » 07 Oct 2009, 05:06

Friggin' sweet! This is exactly the sort of thing I wanted to do, but I can't find an appropriate blue yarn (I know, it's completely ridiculous!) All the stuff I've found is absolute crap. D:

Oh Afghan stitch! Is there anything you CAN'T do?
Zhyard

Postby Zhyard » 07 Oct 2009, 06:07

That is awesome.
Tank_girl

Postby Tank_girl » 07 Oct 2009, 20:36

Thats dope!

I am convinced i can make something smiler with knitting. I have made some attempts, but i wasn't happy with the result. MUST KEEP TRYING!!!

I have made a few items but im not done yet. Perhaps ill do some live knitting on the driver cam. Won't that be exciting!
Evil Jim
First Video: Shake Your Hands

Postby Evil Jim » 08 Oct 2009, 00:02

I want!
Arius wrote:People were just so awestruck by your awesomeness that they became catatonic.
ThrashJazzAssassin wrote:BURN HIM! BURN THE HERETIC! DEATH TO ALL WHO SCORN THE AWESOMENESS OF EVIL JIM!
tak197
Feito Com Fruta
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby tak197 » 08 Oct 2009, 08:36

You know, I saw "Afghan Stitch" and wondered if how long it would take to crochet a LRR afghan. My skills aren't that advanced though...

I still need to get supplies for book binding, but I think I may have some more stuff soon.
Theremin
First Video: A girl must have some secrets.

Postby Theremin » 08 Oct 2009, 09:15

Gonna bid the stuffing out of this year...
Zivlok

Postby Zivlok » 08 Oct 2009, 10:43

So, as you probably know, I'm writing a Jer/Duck slash fanfic for NaNoWriMo this year. My biggest question going in was if there was a way to turn this into profit for DBFHIII, and I think I've got an idea.

My idea is thusly: auction off an audiobook form of the completed novel. The winner would receive the audiobook in about thrice-weekly podcast-like segments, possibly through an actual podcast feed, if there is some way to make a private one. I want the manuscript to be available to whoever wants to take a gander, but I feel an audiobook would be a fun way to milk out some more donations.

Also, that scarf is made of win. And fibers of some sort, I assume.

So, my question is, would anyone be interested in this, interested enough to pay at least the price of a normal audiobook you would buy in a physical store ($30-50)? If I'm going to go to the trouble of making a 50,000+ word-long audiobook for free, I'd like to know that it earned a respectable amount.
korri
First Video: I honestly can't remember...

Postby korri » 08 Oct 2009, 10:50

I keep meaning to try and make something, but I'm currently making a baby blanket for my sis and I am determined to have it done before the kid turns 18 so thats taking most of my time....

and a crocheted afghan would take ffoorrreevvveerrr... I salute everyone who is able to finish any project in a reasonable amount of time...
Hello world, remember me? I'm the sad little fuck that you failed to see, who you should have recognized When you had the chance. Hello motherfuckers now its time to dance

my photos! => http://korrinn.deviantart.com
teeb

Postby teeb » 08 Oct 2009, 13:13

Zivlok wrote:My idea is thusly: auction off an audiobook form of the completed novel. The winner would receive the audiobook in about thrice-weekly podcast-like segments, possibly through an actual podcast feed, if there is some way to make a private one. I want the manuscript to be available to whoever wants to take a gander, but I feel an audiobook would be a fun way to milk out some more donations

Instead of one person paying a *large* amount for the audiobook, why not have lots of people pay a smaller charge (say, $5) and whoever wants to get the audiobook could get it that way?

I'd pay a reasonable amount for a Jer/Duck podiobook...
AlexanderDitto
Better Than the First Alexander
First Video: Desert Bus 1: The Original!

Postby AlexanderDitto » 08 Oct 2009, 17:14

Eh, Crocheted Afghans don't take that long if you use a large hook and thick yarn, which is what you want to do if you want a real afghan, and not a blanket pretending to be an afghan. That said, personally, I don't think they look very good; they remind me of things that grandmothers have draped over the backs of floral-patterned sofas.

Gosh darn-it, I'm still determined to get something knitted for Desert Bus, I just still haven't found the yarn yet! Perhaps I will venture out into the city this weekend, and look for some yarn...
steelfox

Postby steelfox » 09 Oct 2009, 10:00

I've been told that if anyone wants to order something custom of their own design for a scarf or other something to pm or email me and we can discuss it.
Matt wrote:AND IF SHE'S DEAD SHE CAN'T SAY NO.

-M

Return to “General Discussion”