Quick Ideas

Is there something you want to see? Give us suggestions here.
Arius
First Video: Max Effect

Quick Ideas

Postby Arius » 09 Dec 2009, 00:34

Phail Olympics - Everyone tries to phail the hardest. The kicker being the one who phails to phail is revealed to be the gold medal winner.

Modern Warfare - Big build up, is done seeming to be like Full Metal Jacket, R. Lee Emery style drill instructor too. But it's just a Nerf battle.
Alternatively: Modem Warfare - Same as above, but ends up just being training for MW2.

Danger! 50,000 Geeks! - If you've ever seen Danger! 50,000 Volts!, basically that but how to survive a convention. If you haven't, you're a terrible person.

The Changing of Times - LRR ending and the crew all going their separate ways, and what becomes of them. Preferably showing stark contrast between them. Some are rich and famous, others are struggling, but not the ones you'd think. Like have Matt in a nice car getting interviewed and then have them go through a car wash and Paul is wearing a dirty jumpsuit and fixing a car in the background.

Payday - The crew are granted $10,000,000 and can spend it on whatever they want. They spend it on frivolous things, and not LRR. Such as, they'd be filming a scene for LRR the same as usual, then after they're done, Kathleen is carried off on a throne. Matt and Tim both get plastic surgery to look different from eachother, but they get the exact same surgery and end up looking the same with their new faces.

How Far We've Come - A look at the evolution of the vampire, werewolf, zombie, and mummy. Yeah.
H̼̮̖͓̻ͮ̀ͬ̓e̟̦͉̾̔̀ͣ͆̄ ͚̤̈̉ͦ̎ͭ̚c̰̠͚̜̹ͪ̐̎̃ͅo̗͌͛ͥ͑m̍ͬͥ̚e͍̱̲̤͚̹͔͛s͚̱̤͚̲̭̗̃̎ͭ̚.̘̫̖̮̠͒̔.̝̹̟̳͚̂̆̋͌̐̚.̬͓̰̃̑
Mad Madam Mimm
First Video: Omnilingual
Location: Merry Ol' England. An almost interesting place. Almost.

Re: Quick Ideas

Postby Mad Madam Mimm » 09 Dec 2009, 02:37

I like these ideas, they could work really well.

If I may add my own, an idea for an iPhone app that could have it's own advert or be a filler piece:

iChallengeU, sir.

Feel insulted? Feel your honour as a gentleman has been sacrificed? There's an app for that! The "iChallengeU, sir" allows your honour to be satisfied in the old school style. First, select the perpertrator from any contact list, or via bluetooth. The iChallengeU app sends them a short film of their profile picture being slapped around teh face with a glove. Then the duel is up to you.
Yaxley wrote:I think life occasionally needs someone to ask "Okay, seriously guys. What the hell is going on?"

2 Students, 1 Alien (1 cat, 1 blob and several supporting characters, not to mention weekly sillies)

Tap-dancing Transvestite Ventriloquist
Theremin
First Video: A girl must have some secrets.

Postby Theremin » 09 Dec 2009, 04:10

Bus Stop Graffiti Tales.

Quite simple, note down some plebbish scrawlings, and construct a story.
ThrashJazzAssassin
First Video: The Lich King's New Wrath

Postby ThrashJazzAssassin » 09 Dec 2009, 04:14

Arius wrote:The Changing of Times - LRR ending and the crew all going their separate ways, and what becomes of them. Preferably showing stark contrast between them. Some are rich and famous, others are struggling, but not the ones you'd think. Like have Matt in a nice car getting interviewed and then have them go through a car wash and Paul is wearing a dirty jumpsuit and fixing a car in the background.

And the car which Paul is fixing starts to say "Oh, wow, there's Matt!" but gets shushed by Paul, thus referencing both Paul's technological genius and the Robots in Disguise section of Rapidfire II.

Dammit, I'm far too good at thinking up references instead of making up new jokes.
Theremin

Postby Theremin » 09 Dec 2009, 04:25

Tim is Matt's PA.
Kate's doing 25 to life in prison for gang-related offences.
Alex is a deranged performanced artist.
(Think 'Vulva' from Spaced.)

OOh, Graham is a politician, and Morgan attempts to assassinate him at a rally.
(Or a crazy former forumite.)
Mad Madam Mimm

Postby Mad Madam Mimm » 09 Dec 2009, 04:29

And they get together on a rooftop for one last gig... I mean sketch
Yaxley wrote:I think life occasionally needs someone to ask "Okay, seriously guys. What the hell is going on?"

2 Students, 1 Alien (1 cat, 1 blob and several supporting characters, not to mention weekly sillies)

Theremin

Postby Theremin » 09 Dec 2009, 04:31

Mad Madam Mimm wrote:And they get together on a rooftop for one last gig... I mean sketch

The Four Yorkshiremen sketch, right?
Machalllewis
First Video: Ways to Stay Awake

Postby Machalllewis » 09 Dec 2009, 04:42

I think Matt should be the dictator of a small war-torn country and Tim can be his body double.
Nothing to see here.
Mad Madam Mimm

Postby Mad Madam Mimm » 09 Dec 2009, 04:43

As much as I want to say yes, I can only imagine what horror would be unleashed when canadians tried to do the yorkshire accent.

Theremin

Postby Theremin » 09 Dec 2009, 04:45

Horror? Or Schadenfreude?
ThrashJazzAssassin

Postby ThrashJazzAssassin » 09 Dec 2009, 05:17

Nope, I'm pretty sure it would be horror.
tak197
Feito Com Fruta
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby tak197 » 09 Dec 2009, 05:48

And then at the end, we find out that it was all a fever dream of Jer's, because he got hit in the head with a duck while filming Bagel Time 2.
Arius

Postby Arius » 09 Dec 2009, 05:50

tak197 wrote:And then at the end, we find out that it was all a fever dream of Jer's, because he accidentally ate the fourth bagel while filming Bagel Time 2.

Fix'd.
H̼̮̖͓̻ͮ̀ͬ̓e̟̦͉̾̔̀ͣ͆̄ ͚̤̈̉ͦ̎ͭ̚c̰̠͚̜̹ͪ̐̎̃ͅo̗͌͛ͥ͑m̍ͬͥ̚e͍̱̲̤͚̹͔͛s͚̱̤͚̲̭̗̃̎ͭ̚.̘̫̖̮̠͒̔.̝̹̟̳͚̂̆̋͌̐̚.̬͓̰̃̑
Arius

Postby Arius » 13 Dec 2009, 21:55

A couple more:

Retcon: One Man's Story - Done documentary style, about a man trying to retcon his life. Any time something bad happens, he goes back and changes the outcome.

Doctor: "I'm sorry, your grandmother has died."
Man: "No, she hasn't."
Doctor: "Yes... Yes, she has."
Man: "No, she's over there. Hi grandma."
Old Woman: "Hi."
Doctor: "That's not your grandmother."
Man: "Thank you for all your help, doctor. I thought I was gonna lose her."
Man walks away, pushing the woman in the wheelchair with him.
Doctor: "You did..."

Bad Habits - People with the most overblown habits imaginable.

Language Lessons - People in a class for the correct way to use English, but their problems are inflection. Like one guy always sounds sarcastic, one guy ends every sentence with "izzle" etc.
Vigafre
First Video: Halo: The Future of Gaming

Postby Vigafre » 13 Dec 2009, 22:36

Those are some nice ideas. That doctor thing isn't related to the retcon thing, is it? And that last one sounds like Tally's territory.
Arius

Postby Arius » 13 Dec 2009, 22:37

The doctor thing is related, yes. He's retconning his grandmother dying.
ThrashJazzAssassin

Postby ThrashJazzAssassin » 14 Dec 2009, 04:35

Reminds me of the New Choice round from the Green Screen show. Many, many comedic possibilities....
Arius

Postby Arius » 20 Dec 2009, 02:38

Slow Day on the Net - No site on the entire internet has updated in 24 hours and there is a worldwide panic. Everyone freaks out, people blog about it, news organizations report it on their sites, tech sites speculate. And only one person realizes that sites are updating, they're all just about sites not updating, so no one listens.
xe2k7
First Video: ISC: Banana Onion Juice

Postby xe2k7 » 20 Dec 2009, 22:31

Daily Achievements- You go through a normal, mundane day where normal mundane actions earn you an achievement and gamerpoints, but truly great and awesome things you do that day gives you nothing. It's a parody of how some Xbox games give you achievements for doing nothing special like turning the game on (I'm looking at you Soul Calibur 4!), but doing something awesome and difficult gets you nothing.
Don't Be That Guy
H.A.N.D.ing out the Spartan Victory Salute

Now Known As XeLasers on XBLA
RytelCSF
First Video: Son of a Bitch

Postby RytelCSF » 24 Dec 2009, 16:32

Arius wrote:Payday - The crew are granted $10,000,000 and can spend it on whatever they want. They spend it on frivolous things, and not LRR. Such as, they'd be filming a scene for LRR the same as usual, then after they're done, Kathleen is carried off on a throne. Matt and Tim both get plastic surgery to look different from eachother, but they get the exact same surgery and end up looking the same with their new faces.

This would be good as a video soon after the move to The Escapist, the joke being that since LRR has three different series on the site now, they must be making an obscene amount of money.
Arius

Postby Arius » 24 Dec 2009, 19:45

The Newb - An internet forum transposed to a party. It'd follow the newb of the party and you'd see different archetypes with the label showing up after a bit.

The Troll - Just popping in and out of conversations and turning them into fights.
The Post Whore - Running around and trying to get into as many conversations as possible.
The Spammer - Tells a long and moving story, only to follow it up by saying "Buy World of Warcraft Gold!"
The Resident Dick - Basically just walks around being a dick to anyone who talks.
The Challenger - Goes into every conversation trying to win it. Even just conversations about opinions.
The Girl - Always being obsessively followed around by a group of guys.
Etc.
ThrashJazzAssassin

Postby ThrashJazzAssassin » 25 Dec 2009, 03:26

I like it.
Mad Madam Mimm

Postby Mad Madam Mimm » 25 Dec 2009, 10:23

Arius wrote:The Newb - An internet forum transposed to a party. It'd follow the newb of the party and you'd see different archetypes with the label showing up after a bit.

The Troll - Just popping in and out of conversations and turning them into fights.
The Post Whore - Running around and trying to get into as many conversations as possible.
The Spammer - Tells a long and moving story, only to follow it up by saying "Buy World of Warcraft Gold!"
The Resident Dick - Basically just walks around being a dick to anyone who talks.
The Challenger - Goes into every conversation trying to win it. Even just conversations about opinions.
Etc.

Very much like. Also, it could be abused as an "introduction to LRR forums" for escapist newbies. So you'd need to include the two obsessives, bickering over who's a bigger frea- I mean... fan...
DmitriW
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Postby DmitriW » 25 Dec 2009, 15:51

Mad Madam Mimm wrote:
Arius wrote:The Newb - An internet forum transposed to a party. It'd follow the newb of the party and you'd see different archetypes with the label showing up after a bit.

Etc.

Very much like. Also, it could be abused as an "introduction to LRR forums" for escapist newbies. So you'd need to include the two obsessives, bickering over who's a bigger frea- I mean... fan...

In that case, "The Troll" and "The Resident Dick" would have to be merged. And renamed "Lavos."
Consider this signature a museum piece, since I love it and am unlikely to change it ever.
Metcarfre
First Video: Not Applicable

Postby Metcarfre » 25 Dec 2009, 19:46

The Troll is Lavos. The Resident Dick is Allen!. C'mon guys, this is LRR Forums 101. Did you even do the homework?

Return to “Video Suggestions”