A C.L.A.S.S. Act

Is there something you want to see? Give us suggestions here.
Splunge

A C.L.A.S.S. Act

Postby Splunge » 12 Jul 2011, 00:22

A newly elected politician with a bill to pass is introduced to the Contrived Legislative Acronym Secret Service (C.L.A.S.S.), a secret government division responsible for giving new legislation creative and appropriate acronyms. These are the guys behind things like CAN SPAM and the USA PATRIOT Act.
However, CLASS seems to be slightly off their game today, as all the suggestions they present are either silly, offensive, or wildly innapropriate. The guy eventually leaves in disgust to present his bill under the original name on his draft (which is unfortunately C.R.A.P. or something similar).
Stinger has one of the CLASS employees (Paul) returning to his desk, and flicking over a word-of-the-day calendar from whatever he suggested in the main sketch, to find 'Coveting' (as a callback to The Writers Room)

Suggested gags:
    * The worst Acronym should be given by someone who is credited with the USA PATRIOT Act.
    * A racist acronym should be suggested, politician should say the bill isn't targeted at them, his assistant leans over to whisper in his ear, and he clarifies it's not targeted 'directly' at them.

Preferred cast:
    Politician - James
    Assistant - Tally
    CLASS Writers - Paul and Kathleen
    CLASS Director - Graham
Fun is the feedback the brain gives while successfully absorbing a pattern - Raph Koster
I'm think I might be indirectly responsible for Bagel Time!
Graham
Super Moderator

Re: A C.L.A.S.S. Act

Postby Graham » 27 Sep 2011, 16:15

I like this. I'd forgotten how DUMB the full name of the Patriot Act was.

I'll pass this concept onto Kathleen, it seems like it's up her alley.
Splunge

Postby Splunge » 28 Sep 2011, 00:45

Awesome. I hope she can make something good from it.

Oh, and a DUMB Act might be the Demanding Utilisation of Money Better Act of 2009
Fun is the feedback the brain gives while successfully absorbing a pattern - Raph Koster
Splunge

Postby Splunge » 27 Oct 2011, 05:11

...Oh dear. Just when I thought reality couldn't get much dumber... The House version of PROTECT IP has been given a new name: "the Enforcing and Protecting American Rights Against Sites Intent on Theft and Exploitation Act", or E-PARASITE Act for short. I swear, CLASS must be a real thing.
Lord Chrusher
Can't Drink Possible Beers
First Video: Door to Door

Postby Lord Chrusher » 27 Oct 2011, 07:04

Politicians are not the only ones who make up contrived acronyms. Astronomers and other scientists do it all the time. The collaboration I am a part of is called SAGES. The two surveys I am working on are called SLUGGS and SMEAGOL - the second one is similar to an early survey called SAURON. Today we heard about a planned survey called BigBOSS as well as a survey looking for oscillations called WIGGLEZ.
We are all made of star dust. However we are also made of nuclear waste.
Remember to think before you post.
Psyclone
First Video: Christmas Carolling on Halloween

Postby Psyclone » 04 Nov 2011, 14:08

Lord Chrusher wrote:Politicians are not the only ones who make up contrived acronyms. Astronomers and other scientists do it all the time. The collaboration I am a part of is called SAGES. The two surveys I am working on are called SLUGGS and SMEAGOL - the second one is similar to an early survey called SAURON. Today we heard about a planned survey called BigBOSS as well as a survey looking for oscillations called WIGGLEZ.

How is this NOT awesome?
They/them/their pronouns

twitch: armadillorampant

Return to “Video Suggestions”