LRRcast for Secret Awkward Cruise

Talk about this week's LRRcast and what you'd like to see in future ones.
James
LRR Crew

LRRcast for Secret Awkward Cruise

Postby James » 06 Nov 2011, 13:07

Here it is. The guys recorded at TGwP this weekend as well and that's being exported right now. I'll upload it tomorrow!

Also I'm aware that I miss spelled cruise, and I thought I changed it at some point along with some other little things I changed in the overlay but none of them actually seemed to take. So yah. Sorry :(
Geoff_B
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Re: LRRcast for Secret Awkward Cruise

Postby Geoff_B » 06 Nov 2011, 14:06

And thank you for thanking me for my questions :D
Twitter|Google+|Tumblr|Facebook|Steam|Skype: gmbridges

I survived spaMEGAdon and all I got was this lousy signature joke.

#TeamMonica, #TeamMaki, #TeamTavis
JackSlack
First Video: ENN, but I forget which.

Postby JackSlack » 06 Nov 2011, 14:11

Not finished yet, but I have to say: I cannot IMAGINE Cruise Vacation with two goons. It is so perfect with just suddenly one hulking goon in a Hawaiian shirt.
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 06 Nov 2011, 14:33

TIL that I am "hulking"
:D
JackSlack
First Video: ENN, but I forget which.

Postby JackSlack » 06 Nov 2011, 14:45

You were doin' a bit of hulking in that shot.

40:49. Awww. I was going to challenge Matt to do Gay Bar as wubstep. Alas!

1:09:5: Also, my preference would have been cat based insults. Mangy feline, etc. There's also, and this is a greater problem for me, way, WAY too many sexualised violence threats.

Also, Matt's critique is SPOT ON. It's that they wrote themselves INTO those situations so often.
Last edited by JackSlack on 06 Nov 2011, 16:20, edited 1 time in total.
Gap Filler
First Video: The Job

Postby Gap Filler » 06 Nov 2011, 16:07

Kind of sad I didn't get to see the bird bouncing off the camera.
"In the neighbourhood of infinity; it was the time of the giant moths..."
Haberley
First Video: Paperboy

Postby Haberley » 06 Nov 2011, 16:34

Hero Quest was a precursor to Warhammer Quest - it was pretty epic, and what got me into that sort of game back when I was about 7... I got a copy of it from one of the modellors for GW [/smug] :) And thank you for reminding me of it! I can't believe I didn't notice the similarities between the Gargoyle and that Balrog before :P
COW! COW! COW! COW! COW! COW! COW! COW!
Yaxley
First Video: Lock Out

Postby Yaxley » 06 Nov 2011, 18:04

Woohoo, my Matt tribute pot lid jack-o-lantern got a shout out on the podcast! Good thing too. My mom really wants her potlid back.

What can I say? Was going for accuracy and her potlids fit the bill better than mine.
phlip
First Video: Eternal Sonata (Unskippable)

Postby phlip » 07 Nov 2011, 01:30

I feel a link to this is required in this thread.

(I couldn't find the actual reddit post but this one is relevant.)
While no one overhear you quickly tell me not cow cow.
but how about watch phone?

[he/him/his]
Avistew
First Video: Can't remember

Postby Avistew » 07 Nov 2011, 14:59

I had Hero Quest too. Loved it.

I kinda disagree with Graham on the insult thing. I'm a female and friends do call me stuff like jerk, or asshole, or dumbass (not regularly. Well apart from "jerk" when I tease them, that's pretty much the reaction, either "you're a jerk" or "you're a sillybutt" depending on how affectionate my teasing was). I honestly don't see what in these words screams "male". I've used them for females too. Bitch isn't just a gendered insult, it's also a sexualised one, which I think is the problem. Insults like cocksucker are sexualised too, but stuff like jerk or asshole are not (in my opinion. All of that might be highly cultural and depend on where you're from).
Mind you, I'm fine with the word "bitch" in a lot of cases, and as an insult when you're pissed at someone I don't really see a problem with it, but I disagree that all the other insults are male-gendered, I think a lot of them are gender neutral. I mean seriously, what's male in "asshole"? Everybody has one. Same with "ass". Bitches are female dogs so yes, this one is gendered (although I've heard it used for males too) but lots of the insults you named as "you can't call a woman that" my reaction was "I've heard ALL of these used for women".

So yeah, I disagree with it. Doesn't mean using "bitch" immediately makes someone sexist, but it's not like it's the only insult at your disposal.

EDIT: Thinking more about it, I think it's not really the "sexualised" thing. I think "bitch" has the connotation that the person is inferior, that you're dominant towards them, that you're the master and they're your dog. Whether used towards a male or a female, there is this humiliating, degrading aspect to it.
Asshole is insulting too, but basically it means you're a mean person. Same with jerk. There is no "I'm better than you" or "I'm your boss" connotation to either of them. I think that's why using bitch all the time becomes sexist, because it turns the "I'm better than you" into "I'm better than you because I'm a man and you're a woman". I hope this makes some sense to you.
Check out my webcomic, The Meddlers! (Currently not updating)
ecks
First Video: The one where I can't remember

Postby ecks » 07 Nov 2011, 15:21

I was a bit surprised that the GB's were as low as that, but then I did some quick math: 4TB at 8000kbit/s (I have no idea what bitrate you actually use) would still be almost 1200 hours worth of video. Not being low on space is a good thing though, with the current hard drive shortages. And all those tapes would make a pretty sweet domino setup, not that anyone should try.

I can't believe that angry bird James was tossing up and down didn't find itself en route to Matt after about the third 'wrapup', truly an impressive display of willpower. Or maybe he was just sitting too close for a good windup.
Wolfenbarg

Postby Wolfenbarg » 07 Nov 2011, 21:57

In my confusing question, I was basically asking about how you would go about rebuilding LRR or launching a new brand if you had to start today. With all the changes in technology and the fact that web video is a thing now, I don't imagine you'd do it the same way. Plus, more sass.
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 08 Nov 2011, 05:28

So, all records and memories of LRR's existence is wiped out, but the crew still retain their memories and skills (due to a reality-shifting wizard), and they must rebuild their mighty media empire?
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
Wolfenbarg

Postby Wolfenbarg » 08 Nov 2011, 10:41

More or less. Building a brand from scratch is tough stuff, and like Graham said it would be a pointless question if they knew absolutely nothing again.

Return to “LRRcast”