GPLP: X-Men Destiny

Graham & Paul Let's Play: Watch them play awful games.
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Re: GPLP: X-Men Destiny

Postby Master Gunner » 23 Mar 2012, 14:32

Here is a small, easily understandable, Summers family tree.

It can get significantly more complicated.

(If you're having trouble trying to find Cyclops on that last one, he's on the left side, about 2/3rds up from the bottom).
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
tamaness
First Video: LRReview: Desert Bus

Postby tamaness » 23 Mar 2012, 14:43

that complicated one is missing quite a few relationships. not that I would know, of course... >.>;;
General Michi
First Video: 3 PS3s

Postby General Michi » 23 Mar 2012, 15:23

Wolverine sounds a lot like Oghren from Dragon Age, that dude must be type cast a tonne
We put the brick on the accelerator.

Image Image

Twitter Steam Tumblblar
Master Gunner

Postby Master Gunner » 23 Mar 2012, 15:25

Well best of luck finding a complete family/relationship tree for Cyclops, that one was biggest I could find (in all of five minutes, granted).
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Geoff_B
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Postby Geoff_B » 23 Mar 2012, 16:20

General Michi wrote:Wolverine sounds a lot like Oghren from Dragon Age, that dude must be type cast a tonne

Funny you should say that...

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0089710/
Twitter|Google+|Tumblr|Facebook|Steam|Skype: gmbridges

I survived spaMEGAdon and all I got was this lousy signature joke.

#TeamMonica, #TeamMaki, #TeamTavis
Pigmy Wurm

Postby Pigmy Wurm » 23 Mar 2012, 17:16

Cho_J wrote:P.S. Anyone else bothered that Surge tells Chad not to call her sweetheart, then says nothing about his calling her "sweet... thing" in a sad attempt at a cover-up that he still doesn't respect her at all? Le sigh.

I seem to remember her groaning. I think she feels she has to pick her battles and fighting with a somewhat chauvinistic idiot in the middle of a war zone isn't really a top priority.

And about Gambit, while I don't remember him working with the brotherhood he has been a bad guy a number of times. He has done a lot of work for Mister Sinister (who I would not be too surprised to see show up later) and he is after all a thief.

Oh and Cable is the Son of Cyclops and Jean's clone Madelyne Pryor and then sent to the future as a child (I can't remember why). The Summers family tree is really complicated.

Edit: Grr, I thought this had posted and I then left only to come back hours latter and find that it had not. :(
Vigafre
First Video: Halo: The Future of Gaming

Postby Vigafre » 23 Mar 2012, 18:34

So that one chart listed Gambit as a clone. Weird. Wikipedia says that is an alternate version, so does that mean it isn't canon?
Lancer
First Video: Cash Cats

Postby Lancer » 23 Mar 2012, 19:08

Actually, Wolverine's bones are made out of... some extremely strong metal thing. Dunno, not a huge expert myself, but yea. This has the plus of him being able to survive being thrown THROUGH a mountain (evidently this did happen once. He's pretty much immortal and can quickly heal from pretty much any wound) but the negative of Magneto being able to use him like a very durable ragdoll. "Blades" isn't his only power though. Just thought I'd throw that in there.
Master Gunner

Postby Master Gunner » 23 Mar 2012, 19:16

As far as I know, X-Men:The End does not depict canon, I believe it was Chris Claremont tying up most of the loose ends from his run. However, given the Marvel universe and the rest of Cyclops's family tree, I still wouldn't rule it out entirely.

Lancer, while his claws are not his only power, his healing factor is a required secondary power more than anything else (bleeding heavily every time your claws come out would get old quite quickly, especially considering how deep those things are in his forearm), and his enhanced senses lend themselves more to his skill as a hunter than anything else. So the point of his mutant powers giving him no leveragable skills out of combat still stands. Outside of perhaps athletics, anyways. Or nuclear cleanup.

Also, while is skeleton is bonded with adamantium, his powers (including his claws) are separate from that. In fact, the adamantium actually decreases his healing factor, as it's toxic to humans (at least, in the amount needed to cover an entire skeleton), so his healing factor is constantly occupied just with healing him from that.
Last edited by Master Gunner on 23 Mar 2012, 19:25, edited 1 time in total.
Jaebird
First Video: The LHC

Postby Jaebird » 23 Mar 2012, 19:22

Don't feel bad, Graham. I, too, kept pressing A when near the machines. Also, I quit playing when he got all big and cheap-shot'd me. On normal difficulty >_>
http://jbird18.deviantart.com (Open for commissions.)
tamaness

Postby tamaness » 23 Mar 2012, 19:26

Lancer wrote:Actually, Wolverine's bones are made out of... some extremely strong metal thing. Dunno, not a huge expert myself, but yea. This has the plus of him being able to survive being thrown THROUGH a mountain (evidently this did happen once. He's pretty much immortal and can quickly heal from pretty much any wound) but the negative of Magneto being able to use him like a very durable ragdoll. "Blades" isn't his only power though. Just thought I'd throw that in there.

Wolverine's power is regeneration, and he has bone claws. The Weapon-X program fused his bones with adamantium, which for some reason accelerates his regenerative abilities. It doesn't explain why his claws turned into blades, though.

Wolverine's son (Daken) has the same abilities, but slower regeneration, and his claws are arranged differently.

There's some strong evidence that Romulus is Wolverine's father. He's got the same bone claws as Daken, too.

...I've read way the hell too much Wolverine Origins.
Jaebird

Postby Jaebird » 23 Mar 2012, 19:35

On the topic of unoriginal powers...well, for the most part, that's true. At least, as far as I know, Marvel doesn't have a whole family of speedsters, like DC (prior to the relaunch).

Side note:Marvel has a Hulk family, now =D
Yhelta
First Video: Unskippable

Postby Yhelta » 23 Mar 2012, 21:24

The sound effect they used for the computers is the hacking sound effect from Planetside. They couldn't make an original sound instead of ripping of another game? Lazy programer is lazy.
Lancer
First Video: Cash Cats

Postby Lancer » 23 Mar 2012, 23:37

Master Gunner wrote:As far as I know, X-Men:The End does not depict canon, I believe it was Chris Claremont tying up most of the loose ends from his run. However, given the Marvel universe and the rest of Cyclops's family tree, I still wouldn't rule it out entirely.

Lancer, while his claws are not his only power, his healing factor is a required secondary power more than anything else (bleeding heavily every time your claws come out would get old quite quickly, especially considering how deep those things are in his forearm), and his enhanced senses lend themselves more to his skill as a hunter than anything else. So the point of his mutant powers giving him no leveragable skills out of combat still stands. Outside of perhaps athletics, anyways. Or nuclear cleanup.

Also, while is skeleton is bonded with adamantium, his powers (including his claws) are separate from that. In fact, the adamantium actually decreases his healing factor, as it's toxic to humans (at least, in the amount needed to cover an entire skeleton), so his healing factor is constantly occupied just with healing him from that.

Well thank you. Like I said, I'm certainly not a big fan of this stuff, I just thought I'd throw in what little I knew about him. Though I have heard of cases (such as the aforementioned mountain-throwing case) where his body had become so damaged that it was basically described a skeleton with a few pieces of meat hanging off... but he got better.
Neofafnir
First Video: Bagel Time

Postby Neofafnir » 24 Mar 2012, 09:10

Oh Wolverine, and your apparent laser cutting abilities. He can do anything if the plot demands it!! Also I know a lot of the X-gene powers seem the same, but I keep watching each episode hoping they will upgrade Northstars Utility gene because it gets rather useful and cool at its higher levels.
MichaelD
First Video: how to talk like a pirate.... i think

Postby MichaelD » 24 Mar 2012, 09:38

Just a thought do the speed abilities have different upgrades? That would at least make them a little more varied.
The Tortured Soul

Postby The Tortured Soul » 24 Mar 2012, 11:15

Oh with the Lazer bit, I assumed he slashed at the wall, so took out the lazer emitters or the power cable to them, so they went down... rather than what everyone is saying about slashing the lazers out...

Maybe I just have good suspension of disbelief or something...
posting... in england.

Reality is subjective and insanity is just a point of view

• Step 10 ???
  • Step 11 Profit
  • Step 12 Podcast
  • Step 13 Huff a Dong!
Under_Score
First Video: Unskippable Pilot

Postby Under_Score » 24 Mar 2012, 11:23

It did look like he broke the generator to the lasers, yeah. It also looked like that generator was on the other side of the lasers, though, so... Maybe I just have depth perception issues. Been playing too much 3DS or something.
-Under Underscore Score (or just Underscore for short)
Jaebird

Postby Jaebird » 24 Mar 2012, 11:29

Wolverine bub'd the lasers. Nuff said.
iamafish
First Video: Crime and Punishment

Postby iamafish » 24 Mar 2012, 13:35

I wouldn't be surprised to see the upgraded versions of the powers that all seem the same act differently from each other. It seems absurd that they would include a load of different powers that do exactly the same things without having any variation.
Thoughts From a Fish Bowl<------ my blog...

My Twitter

iamafish never wrote:the male trouser snake is evidence that evolution has no sense of aesthetics
SirCannonFodder
First Video: Halo: The Future of Gaming

Postby SirCannonFodder » 24 Mar 2012, 19:26

Yhelta wrote:The sound effect they used for the computers is the hacking sound effect from Planetside. They couldn't make an original sound instead of ripping of another game? Lazy programer is lazy.

Or maybe they both got the same sound effect from a sound bank, like most entertainment companies do when they need sound effects? Eg, ever noticed that a lot of movies, games, and TV shows have the exact same "squeaky door" sound? And, of course, there's the good old Wilhelm scream.

Also, why would it be a programmer's fault? Programmers usually aren't involved in picking what sounds are used. If there was anything to be at fault for, I'm pretty sure it would have been a sound designer's fault.
Jakale
First Video: The Job

Postby Jakale » 24 Mar 2012, 21:16

Yeah, we should bash on all parts of the team. Foley guys, whoever came up with the "completely original" mutant powers, but not the modelers. I think they went to a lot of effort to get Wolverine's muscle tone and crotch bulge juuuust right. I'm kind of morbidly curious to know what the discussions over that entailed.
Bacon
First Video: Unskippable lost planet

Postby Bacon » 24 Mar 2012, 23:24

Jakale wrote:Yeah, we should bash on all parts of the team. Foley guys, whoever came up with the "completely original" mutant powers, but not the modelers. I think they went to a lot of effort to get Wolverine's muscle tone and crotch bulge juuuust right. I'm kind of morbidly curious to know what the discussions over that entailed.

Team lead: Suggestions gentlemen?
Dev a: Tighter costumes?
Dev b: More bulge?
Team lead: Excellent! Call of Duty will be toppled in no time.

I like to think that when they made the models there was a slider for groinal discomfort. It also raises questions as to how any mutants had kids when their wedding veg was being simultaneously crushed by spandex and chafed to smithereens. The X gene must be more versatile than previously imagined.
waZelda
First Video: The job

Postby waZelda » 25 Mar 2012, 06:37

I find the "You're winning" text funny in context, considering the textures are provided by Emma Frost, who apparently cares enough about Wolverine and Chad's testosterone-off to tell Chad when he's winning.
All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then wouldn't hurt.
tamaness

Postby tamaness » 25 Mar 2012, 06:51

It does break immersion a bit, doesn't it? They could have just not said anything, and they'd be cool graphics, but now we have to figure out Emma's motivation for putting each of the images into Chad's mind. Maybe the writers decided that Emma Frost needed to be inappropriately obsessed with Chad.

Return to “GPLP”