LRRcon 2014

News and Announcements about LoadingReadyRun
Tapir12
First Video: Kei Kon 2004

Re: LRRcon 2014

Postby Tapir12 » 12 May 2014, 19:43

Oh, then I definitely killed you. Did you die first one round? That was me.
Things I like and maybe you will too:
AIESEC | Monster | Juuni Kokki | Vienna Teng | Guide To Canada
Jamfalcon
First Video: Killer Instinct

Postby Jamfalcon » 12 May 2014, 19:55

I don't think I ever died first, but the games are all kind of a blur. Were you the one on Alex's side of the table, I think two or three seats to his left?

Clearly I'm not good at remembering faces, because I know I saw your name written on a badge earlier in the day, but I guess I didn't make the connecting in the evening.
"Jamfalcon's a super weird name" - Graham

I wrote a book!
Chemistring

Postby Chemistring » 12 May 2014, 20:12

Tapir12 was at the far left end of the table from you (further than Pika). I was on your right past Silpho (and maybe Hekla?). It was hard to see people on the same side of the table during those games, for sure.

Edited for directions. What are hands?
Jamfalcon

Postby Jamfalcon » 12 May 2014, 20:29

Yeah, she continued the conversation in PM and we got it sorted out. :) I didn't actually even realize SilPho was one of the people had joined either. You're right, it was difficult to see (and hear) the people on the ends unless they were really loud. And that's speaking as someone who was dead centre, pretty well.

I said this on Twitter, but I think it would be wise if/when there's another LRRcon to have a forum regulars meetup sometime early Saturday (assuming the same schedule) to get everyone aware of who's who.

I wrote a book!
CaptainSpam
First Video: It's Very Simple

Postby CaptainSpam » 12 May 2014, 20:53

Well, I didn't get MANY pictures, but for the curious, here's a few:

ALBUM CLICK

Was quite the amazing weekend. I'm glad I got a chance to actually play a round of Mr. Card Game with people (I was surprised at just how many former Adventurers were there), not to mention happy to see that a select portion of LRR fans appreciate We Didn't Playtest This At All, too. And that co-op game of Octodad... that's the stuff stories are made of.

I didn't get to meet many of LRR, sadly (apart from dragging Alex into WDPTAA for a few rounds), but it was a blast anyway. Thanks to the whole crew for setting the whole thing up. The Late Night Dub Fight was epic, the history of LRR panel was great, and the grand finale comedy show was a great end to the night (besides the fact that we just kept playing games afterward anyway). If this happens again next year, I'll be sure to be there again!

Oh, and did anyone ever ask Jer and Alex if peanut butter cheesecake was playable or not?
Mums
First Video: Checkpoint "Socially inept"

Postby Mums » 13 May 2014, 03:42

Thank you all, and thanks Memo and SilPho, I had an amazing time!

SilPho wrote:Same goes for Mums, I had a lot of fun hanging out with you, I'm hoping you made a connecting flight without too much delay.

The plane actually arrived in time for me to get to my original connecting flight. Though something went wrong with the bridge towards the terminal. So we had to wait 30 mintues on the plane while in London. I got stuck for the 8 hours in Heathrow. But I did get a 10 (s)quid voucher for food after the third time of complaining.

Jamfalcon wrote:Wait, you were in the Werewolf game? :P I completely didn't recognize you, I guess. I was the guy in the blue sweatshirt across from Alex and the "village drunk".

Trying to remember the blur. Were you the one I won the werewolf tentacle cuddlygame with?
Sit down. Get ready. Sit down again!

The perfectly lying, lying bastad!
DuelLadyS
First Video: Unskippable

Postby DuelLadyS » 13 May 2014, 05:23

Posted a small selection of pics to my Tumblr... I have a couple hundred shots, most of which are not great- but if anyone's really interested, I can look into dumping the lot somewhere.

http://hoshichiri.tumblr.com/

EDIT: Adding in links to the specific posts featuring LRRCon, since I imagine you guys don't want to look at all the BJDish stuff I tend to have up.

The Variety Show
General photos
LRRCon doll photos. In case anyone cares.

Jamfalcon wrote:Wait, you were in the Werewolf game? :P I completely didn't recognize you, I guess. I was the guy in the blue sweatshirt across from Alex and the "village drunk".

You murdered me, then! (First game, far end of table, quiet girl in brown jacket). Boy was I sleepy...
Last edited by DuelLadyS on 22 May 2014, 10:25, edited 2 times in total.
Jamfalcon

Postby Jamfalcon » 13 May 2014, 08:25

CaptainSpam wrote:Well, I didn't get MANY pictures, but for the curious, here's a few:

Woo, I can see myself in a few of those. Most clearly in the first (near the front of the line, looking at the ground) and sixth (under the projector screen, looking to the right). :D

Mums wrote:Trying to remember the blur. Were you the one I won the werewolf tentacle cuddlygame with?

Nope, I "made friends" with the monsters... third, I think? I did recognize you, apologies for forgetting to name you in the earlier post. :)

DuelLadyS wrote:You murdered me, then! (First game, far end of table, quiet girl in brown jacket). Boy was I sleepy...

Well, to be fair, in the first game I murdered everyone. :P But yes, I remember you! You also got a picture with one of those dolls on your Tumblr and Harriet while I was playing King of Tokyo and sitting next to her, I believe.

Well, hearing all this is making those games even more of a highlight now. A retroactive nice to meet you to those I didn't speak with directly! :D

I wrote a book!
AdmiralMemo
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Postby AdmiralMemo » 13 May 2014, 11:56

To Mums and SilPho: Thanks for being awesome roommates. :)
CaptainSpam wrote:ALBUM CLICK
Dangit, Picture 6! Just one more seat to the left and I would've been in it! :P
That might be me on the right of Picture 9, though, and I'm TOTALLY in Picture 13. :D
Graham wrote:The point is: Nyeh nyeh nyeh. I'm an old man.
LRRcast wrote:Paul: That does not answer that question at all.
James: Who cares about that question? That's a good answer.

CaptainSpam
First Video: It's Very Simple

Postby CaptainSpam » 13 May 2014, 13:08

Jamfalcon wrote:I said this on Twitter, but I think it would be wise if/when there's another LRRcon to have a forum regulars meetup sometime early Saturday (assuming the same schedule) to get everyone aware of who's who.

Funny, the Survivors over in #desertbus were having similar discussions that didn't go very far before Con... :-)
Chemistring

Postby Chemistring » 13 May 2014, 14:05

I think it makes a difference if you have an idea of the space and how the day will go before you plan a meet up. People were kind of all over the place at LRRcon and not everyone had reliable internet access to get updated info. An official second day might have improved meet up chances, too.
DuelLadyS

Postby DuelLadyS » 13 May 2014, 16:10

Chemistring wrote:I think it makes a difference if you have an idea of the space and how the day will go before you plan a meet up. People were kind of all over the place at LRRcon and not everyone had reliable internet access to get updated info. An official second day might have improved meet up chances, too.

Agreed- I've been to cons in that area off and on over the years, and never knew there was a friggin' lakefront park in the middle of it all. (Seriously, it was all of 2 blocks from the hotel. Pics on Tumblr!) If I'd known, I've told people and there could have been a pre-con barbeque or something.

Boy, look at all these things we're thinking of that can improve a second LRRcon... hint, hint... :wink:

Jamfalcon wrote:Well, to be fair, in the first game I murdered everyone. :P But yes, I remember you! You also got a picture with one of those dolls on your Tumblr and Harriet while I was playing King of Tokyo and sitting next to her, I believe.

Yep! Brooke was wearing her Creepy Doll t-shirt, so the pic was a must! I also got a great shot of Alex looking less-than-thrilled with her... like "oh no, it can take human form now..."

(Just in case anyone's curious, the dolls in question are called Obitsus. They're a highly articulated Japanese doll that's bought in parts and customized by/for the owner. I enjoy them as sort of an ultimate hobby project, since so many mediums can applied to them.)
AdmiralMemo

Postby AdmiralMemo » 13 May 2014, 18:09

http://wiki.loadingreadyrun.com/LRRCon now exists. Can everyone who went help flesh it out?

Jamfalcon

Postby Jamfalcon » 13 May 2014, 19:11

Good idea. I made my first Wiki edit, hopefully I did it correctly. Also, I know the schedule said that the variety show ended at 11:00, but am I wrong in my recollection that it actually concluded just a bit past 10:00?

I wrote a book!
AdmiralMemo

Postby AdmiralMemo » 13 May 2014, 19:22

Jamfalcon wrote:Good idea. I made my first Wiki edit, hopefully I did it correctly. Also, I know the schedule said that the variety show ended at 11:00, but am I wrong in my recollection that it actually concluded just a bit past 10:00?
Possible, but if so, the schedule on the site is wrong: http://loadingreadyrun.com/info/lrrcon

Jamfalcon

Postby Jamfalcon » 13 May 2014, 19:26

Yeah, that's the one I was referring too (though I think the ones at the event were the same). It's entirely possibly I'm misremembering, but perhaps there was a last minute change of plan.

I wrote a book!
AdmiralMemo

Postby AdmiralMemo » 13 May 2014, 20:10

Well, quick question: Do you remember if there was an hour between the show and the start of the Theros draft? There might have been?

Keab42

Postby Keab42 » 13 May 2014, 20:20

There was. It's when I started the treasure hunt.
Keab42: Keeb-forty-two Deal with it. @Keab42 | | +Keab42 | | Tumblr
Chemistring

Postby Chemistring » 13 May 2014, 21:05

Yeah. The variety show was about 2 hrs, not the 3 hrs listed on the schedule and there was an hour break before the final draft tournament fired.
DuelLadyS

Postby DuelLadyS » 14 May 2014, 05:25

Pika should be on the other guests list. Shouldn't we note the scavenger hunt too? The starting tweet went out about 12:30.
Keab42

Postby Keab42 » 14 May 2014, 09:13

AdmiralMemo wrote:To Mums and SilPho: Thanks for being awesome roommates. :)
CaptainSpam wrote:ALBUM CLICK
Dangit, Picture 6! Just one more seat to the left and I would've been in it! :P
That might be me on the right of Picture 9, though, and I'm TOTALLY in Picture 13. :D

1, 9 and 11 all have confirmed sasquatch sightings.
Keab42: Keeb-forty-two Deal with it. @Keab42 | | +Keab42 | | Tumblr
Jamfalcon

Postby Jamfalcon » 14 May 2014, 10:36

I wonder, on the wiki page, should we maybe have the schedule in one section, then a breakdown of each event in more detail in another? It would be nice to note things like how late the draft went (though I don't know the precise time, it was at least 5:00 AM). Right now, only the Late Night Dub Fight and the panel have any details, which seems like a format that could be improved.

(Should we move this conversation into the wiki thread?)

I wrote a book!
AdmiralMemo

Postby AdmiralMemo » 14 May 2014, 11:53

Regarding formatting and improving the entry, I'm all for it. I just used the LoadingReadyLIVE! page as a template, to get something up quick. If others want to improve it with a chart or something, go ahead.

I put in all the information I had or could remember at the time I created it.

Regarding moving discussion to the Wiki thread, that's up to you.

Jamfalcon

Postby Jamfalcon » 14 May 2014, 16:32

Fair enough, I might see if I can do something with it in the near future.

By the way, for those who aren't on Twitter, Andrew has posted his first batch of pictures.

I wrote a book!
Lord Hosk
First Video: Checkpoint: Into the breach
Location: Half and inch below the knuckle of the ring finger. MI

Postby Lord Hosk » 15 May 2014, 05:25

This image gives me hope for future LRRCON's

they could have made a cheep sign but they made a quality durable one.
Beware Bering Crystal Bears, Bearing Crystals. (Especially if the crystals they are bearing are, themselves, Bering Crystal Bears.) -Old, Stupid Proverb

[–]Graham_LRR
You hear that Khoo? We're almost better than the comic!

Return to “Site News”